Sign in to follow this  
Cranberry

Dragon Quest Diarama

I placed an order for this a few weeks ago, and I thought it was pretty cool.  It finally came in and I've had a chance to sit down with it and put it together  This is based off of Dragon Quest 1.

fe725bc4a6adad598dc29cb905c333891817451.

The kingdom of Alefgard!  Little monster figures are included.  You can place them anywhere, but doesn't it make the most sense to place them where they show up?

0713532644d5a26bd29f88b02c22367961344aa.

Another look with the missing corner included.  It's started to come apart a little as I was moving stuff around on it.

d13354cc4a8ba522d26289d92f2262d04809a0d.

The Dragonlord is dangerous and all, but maybe they should be more worried about THE GIANT ROBOT ATTACKING THE KINGDOM!

81015747a6d18c2e8a97874eaddd88609d38041.

The included mini-figures.

• Upvote 3

That is pretty cool :)

You have an NXT? Do you do much with it? Love those sets. Was sad to leave them behind at my old school. Then my new school ponied up the money for the brand new EV3!

Posted Image

Haven't had the chance to program it yet as my wife went into labor this week, but it seems pretty neat.

Now as to the DQ diorama, that's pretty sweet in its own right!

Aye, that is my NXT and I've done quite a bit of programming with it.  I use it in job interviews too. 

It's a real hit with my family.  Every time there is a family gathering, I'm asked about the robot.

You have an NXT? Do you do much with it? Love those sets. Was sad to leave them behind at my old school. Then my new school ponied up the money for the brand new EV3!
ame3u6y7.jpg

Haven't had the chance to program it yet as my wife went into labor this week, but it seems pretty neat.

Now as to the DQ diorama, that's pretty sweet in its own right!

Ive seen that diorama before but havent bit the bullet to buy it. It looks a lot better in the pics you have taken compared to the others Ive seen. I may pick it up now. :)

Aye, that is my NXT and I've done quite a bit of programming with it. I use it in job interviews too.

Funny. I brought a bunch with me to teach a guest lesson at the school I interviewed for. The kids loved it, and I got the job!

What do you do?

The figurines are pretty cool, it's a pity there's not a miniature hero to run around the map. As people have said it might make a fun board game, could make some neat stop motion with it too I wager. Cramberry, were you tempted to have the robot lay waste to the diorama?

Yeah awesome set that is. I have the same map and placed the DQ hero keychain and items and It looked good as well :)

Nice find! I've actually run across pictures of this before, it's pretty neat. I like how it looks kind of like one of the map slabs from the pedstals in DQ7's ruins, especially when not put together. (Broken like shards.)

I have an NXT as well, the NXT 1.0 (Got it a couple of months before NXT 2.0 was announced, was dissapoint. The control brick for the 1.0 and 2.0 are the same but with different firmwares, but the 2.0 has better sensors.) I stopped doing stuff with it though when my laptop broke down a few years ago, I should install the software on my new (should I still call it new 7 months later? Eh, it's the only desktop I've ever got brand new, so...) computer and see what I can come up with. Heck, I have a book on programming them with java, and my school has a robotics team that programs in Robot C, so maybe I'll go one of those routes.

I haven't heard of the EV3. How new is it?

Nice find! I've actually run across pictures of this before, it's pretty neat. I like how it looks kind of like one of the map slabs from the pedstals in DQ7's ruins, especially when not put together. (Broken like shards.)

I have an NXT as well, the NXT 1.0 (Got it a couple of months before NXT 2.0 was announced, was dissapoint. The control brick for the 1.0 and 2.0 are the same but with different firmwares, but the 2.0 has better sensors.) I stopped doing stuff with it though when my laptop broke down a few years ago, I should install the software on my new (should I still call it new 7 months later? Eh, it's the only desktop I've ever got brand new, so...) computer and see what I can come up with. Heck, I have a book on programming them with java, and my school has a robotics team that programs in Robot C, so maybe I'll go one of those routes.

I haven't heard of the EV3. How new is it?

It came out August 1 for schools. Don't think the retail is out yet. So it's brand spanking new. I may play around with the software in the next 2 days as I'm on a short paternity leave.

is the program similar to the NXT's?

From what I've heard, yes. I just finished downloading it. I had to update the .NET framework too. Didn't even open it before laying down to post and now sleep. I'll let you know tomorrow. I received 30 hours in training in the old NXT program, so I hope so!

I'm essentially a software developer.  I'm currently unemployed, but looking for work.  I've sent out probably 50 resumes over the last 2 weeks.  Job searching itself is a full time job.  o.o;;

It seems as though they tried to simplify things, but to me it's a bit trickier. Still trying to figure out some functions, but I bet the kids will help me with all this. 20 kids in Lego club starts Tuesday. And after this week it's twice a week! I really need to play around more. Similar, yes. Options are more icon based (if that's possible) than before.

Hmm. I haven't used my NXT in a couple years but I just found the software for it so I might mess with it for a bit.

I have a book that teaches Lejos (a java VM for the NXT) so I might switch to that. Or, if I end up joining my school's robotics club this year (which I've wanted to do since I was a freshman but haven't had the time for) I'll just flash it for Robot C, because that's what the school uses with their NXT's.

I so want that drakee! :o

Heh, I was going through my DQVII-2 topic (UPDATED!) and found the picture of the diarama I found before. (I forgot I posted it lol  :) )

Are these $#!&$#!s just following my posts or something? This is like the second or third thread where there's spam right after one of my posts.

Those of you that have this - where did you purchase it from? I've seen it before, but kind of forgot about it. It's freaking awesome, though. Nice pictures.

The diarama or the NXT? I don't have the diarama, I've only seen it online. The NXT, I bought at Toys R Us.

I know it's just alefgard, but they should call it a dharma-rama, just for the DQ pun.