Sign in to follow this  
letsdothis

URGENT! LET'S GET THIS PETITION ROLLING! DQM2 REMAKE!

Hello fellow dragon quest/dragon warrior fans,

The remake for dragon warrior monsters 2 was just announced, but the problem with a lot of dragon warrior/quest monster games is that they stay in Japan. There are 4 notable games that have not been translated to English and will most likely never become translated, unless we the fans demand it. These 4 games are:

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional - ds (Only released in Japan in 2011)
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D - 3DS (only released in Japan in 2012)
Dragon Quest Heroes Rocketslime 2 - 3DS (only released in Japan in 2011 and also known as Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3: Taikaizoku to Shippo Dan)
Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Wonderful Mysterious Keys (Release date TBA. Not known yet if we will get this or not) http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/07/dragon_quest_monsters_2_remake_coming_to_3ds_in_japan

I want to at least get Square Enix to localize the new Dragon Quest Monsters 2 Remake, but I need your help. I made a petition that, if enough people sign, will be sent to Square Enix, with the hopes of the Dragon Quest Monsters 2 remake game being localized (and the others too if we're lucky).

PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION AND SHARE IT EVERYWHERE!!!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-of-america-europe-localize-dragon-quest-monsters-2-iru-and-luca-s-wonderful-mysterious-keys

The facebook group is here:

https://www.facebook.com/dragonquestmosters2remake

Also contact square enix directly, and tell them that you want these games localized!!!

support@square-enix-usa.com
philrogers@square-enix.com

~Thank you everyone, let's make this happen!

*sigh* Another petition? Look guys. I'm not trying to be a naysayer here...but petitions like this rarely (if ever) do any good when it comes to releasing games. Especially games that aren't mainstream.

If ya really want to try to get these released....do fundraisers. Get Kickstarters started. Get the word out to people! Make signs and show them off at conventions! Any of those things would have much more of an impact!

Now I'm not saying it would work mind you. But it would have a MUCH higher success rate than doing petition after petition. ; )

• Upvote 3

*sigh* Another petition? Look guys. I'm not trying to be a naysayer here...but petitions like this rarely (if ever) do any good when it comes to releasing games. Especially games that aren't mainstream.

If ya really want to try to get these released....do fundraisers. Get Kickstarters started. Get the word out to people! Make signs and show them off at conventions! Any of those things would have much more of an impact!

Now I'm not saying it would work mind you. But it would have a MUCH higher success rate than doing petition after petition. ; )

I understand it is a longshot, and I understand it likely will never happen or make a difference, but we have to try. If you don't think petitions can be successful, check out this one for the new digimon game. http://www.change.org/petitions/namco-bandai-games-europe-america-localize-digimon-world-re-digitize-decode-for-3ds

This one has over 11,000 signatures!!! All in less than a month too! That's pretty serious if you ask me, considering that there are games out there right now that have 5,000 of fewer printed copies (fritz chess for the wii comes to mind).

As for kickstarters, I don't see how that would help at all. Would we just hand that money over to square enix? What would the purpose of the kickstarter be? We can't legally translate the game ourselves and then sell it. That's for square enix to do.

All in all, the internet is the fastest, most efficient way to spread the word about anything. It can't hurt to try, but if everyone just assumes it'll never work, well, then it never will work.

People have made kickstarter efforts to get games released before. Its moderately successful depending on how many people give. I'm not the one to ask about getting them started tho.

Petitions being successful? Since when? The only time I've experienced petitions having any real impact is after years and years of petition spam. And even then the company could just keep ignoring it.

Like I said you'd have much better chance at talking to them at conventions or at E3. Preferably getting alot of people together. Thats how alot of people get things done in any timely manner.

I signed. I would also like to again direct people to the take action section of operationedenverse.com. Every petition signed helps, but emails and phone calls are also important. I thank everyone who has put hits on my site. Unfortunately, real life has work and kids, so I can't do everything I'd like to as fast as I'd like to. 

Well at least Operation Edenverse is doing more than just petitions so I give them credit for that.

They at the very least have some chance of success. I might get involved with them at some point. Once I have some free time to do so that is.

Look up the topic for Edenverse and go nuts. :P Go on Miiverse, email the hell outta their tech support, CALL THEM.

I called them last week for a 3DS issue and blipped in "Hey, run it upward that there's a bunch of folks that want to see Nintendo nab the publishing rights for the newer-released Dragon Quest games.". She did. :)

Also, petitions like that won't work with a company like SE. Or any company.

The purpose of Edenverse is to get Nintendo's attention that there are plenty of fans who want to see more DQ games brought here, and since it's their system? They should be the ones going after SE. 

Also, for the richer crowd here, buy stock and become a stockholder. :P They have to listen you then.