Sign in to follow this  
KiTA

Importing a 3DS

Oh this pisses me off.  They couldn't do 1 day shipping today on the 3DS, it would have arrived Monday so instead I just opted for the free shipping (which will place it here Wed/Thurs/Friday.  I figure since I work Sunday night to Thursday Night, that'll give me all weekend next weekend to fiddle with it.

I checked today, and for $4 more, they could have done Saturday delivery.  An option that wasn't available yesterday.

Ah well.  The game should be here within the next 4 hours, and after that, a week long agonizing wait while my j3DS arrives.

Edited by KiTA

GAme's here!

Uh...  They appear to have...  

Well.

http://imgur.com/a/ncN06

I'm guessing that my game happened to be on the outer edge of the bulk package that UPS shipps things in, and when they cut the cellophane they use to hold the bundles together they just sliced through my package and taped it right back up.  Still did a huge number on my game packaging, though.  I'll take the box in to work this weekend and see if I can fix it up.

Oh man, that sucks! Hope you can do a good job fixing it up!

Wow, that sucks.  I would be really choked.  Sorry to hear that.

I'm torn on raising hell with UPS / Amazon, or just calling it good.  It's technically just cosmetic.

Uh, no. I would complain like hell, and this is coming from someone who rather not complain about anything really. This isn't my package and I'm already angry. Besides the game being messed up, its the carelessness on their part and the "oh well, not my problem" attitude. Whoever did this was not in a good mood.

You paid for a service, and accidents will happen, but this is ridiculous.

Edited by Flute_Warrior

The game itself is fine -- I presume, anyway. I can't test it until next week when my j3DS gets here.  It was just the box that got all ker-slashed.

I'd complain if I were you, just based on the fact that yes, it's a tarnished product.

I'd complain as well.

Yeah, but who?  Amazon?  UPS?

You would talk to Amazon about that. You should never contact UPS unless you are the sender.

Japanese eShop works perfectly fine in the U.S. with a U.S. credit card. I bought Japanese Animal Crossing through my JP 3DS eShop. :) I usually like having cases and carts for my games, but I did the same with the English version of Animal Crossing because I was impatient, so it felt right to own JP Animal Crossing the same way.

It's a shame that the special edition Dragon Quest/slime 3DS is so expensive on import sites. I almost caved for that $400 one on Play-Asia. However, I managed to find a used one in Akihabara in Tokyo for under $200, INCLUDING the game it came with. It was in pristine condition. I was soooo happy!

Which 3DS did you go with, KiTA?

I ended up with Ice White.  I'm going to get a Terry's Wonderland 3DS case soon.

How's everyone doing with this? I tried a few years ago, and let it fall by the wayside until this past July. At that point, my wife gifted me with the Terry's Wonderland 3DS, and I've been hell-bent ever since.

I've currently got the Hiragana down, have 30 of the 46 characters for the Katakana, and have been working on some words, too. I'm pleased with the progress.

It has occurred to me that once I've got this down, there'll be no stopping me; I'm going to go back and import EVERYTHING Dragon Quest in its' Japanese form. Starting with the PS2, so I can play the DQ VIII spin-off about Yangus, and the sexiest-looking rendition of Dragon Quest V, which is my personal favorite (the story is just too great).

I'm waaaaay past DQ going into a new dark age in the States; it will no longer matter, baby!

sexiest-looking rendition of Dragon Quest V,

There is no Debora in the PS2 version. But yeah, it has the best graphics and sound of any version, hell I even prefer the controls over the other two. Play it in PCSX2 and upscale the graphics to HD... Your going to have a hard time playing it on an actual PS2 after that, in any language.

You aren't going to check out DQ4PSX?

That's a great call. I haven't even considered PS One games. I see now that there's also a DQM: 1 + 2 remake on the PS One, as well? Can anyone confirm that the Japanese PS2 is backwards-compatible, too?

As far as I know, it is. Worst case scenario, use an emulator.

There's also the Torneko game on the PSX, but that was released in english so you may have already played it.