Sign in to follow this  
redneckpride4ever

A direct link to tell the CEO of SE what you think!

The launcher still says "Betatest Phase 1" does that mean there could be more playtime in the future?

When you change your avatar to a shaky, mustache-less picture, people call you a dork. When people call you a dork, you blow off the comment. When you blow off condescending comments, you make yourself feel as if you are better than other people. When you feel like you're better than other people you get cocky. When you get cocky you do stupid things, like hold your hand in an open flame. When you hold your hand in an open flame, you sleeve catches on fire. When your sleeve catches on fire, you catch on fire. Don't catch on fire, get rid of cable and get DirectTV. Change your avatar.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I appreciate your concern, but if I'm going to spend several shitty months with people who did nothing but lie, use, and ditch me...I'm at least gonna have fun with the photos!

There are several of me in sexy poses. Would you rather see those?

I appreciate your concern, but if I'm going to spend several shitty months with people who did nothing but lie, use, and ditch me...I'm at least gonna have fun with the photos!

How does that have any impact on the board?  Is it just your way to vent?

As for those "other" photos, no, no I would not rather see those.

So long as this is a phase and that awesome photo with the 'stache is back sometime in the future, I can suffer looking at the shaky one.

tumblr_lsrkuyrnzF1qii6tmo1_500.gif

tumblr_lsrkuyrnzF1qii6tmo1_500.gif

OK!

How does that have any impact on the board?  Is it just your way to vent?

It's to everyone's benefit, really. Enjoy this delicious treat.

XsDmswp.jpg

"Dear SquareEnix CEO:

The more Dragon Quest games you release, the more clothes stay on."

Oh, and if you need some music to go with these pictures, here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4lrJcSjhbU

Edited by Dwaine
  • Upvote 1

Sent an email to the CEO thought I was going to go on an angry rant.

Posted Image

OK!

Posted Image

Is that a small bald spot I see!?

No, it's the way it's combed, plus I'd gotten it cut pretty short.

Also, those were taken in March. I was a 36 then, now I can fit into quite a few styles of 34s, so yea to that!

Edited by Dwaine
  • Upvote 1

Ask him how this is legal.

"So thanks for all the feedback – certainly been a lot to get through, but I really appreciate hearing your thoughts and opinions on what we should be focusing on, what you’re passionate about, and also hearing your messages of support and questions. As a first step, whilst I've been out in Tokyo this week, I’ve been sorting the comments, messages and emails into the topics that you’ve been most vocal about. The most common topic is for us to localise and bring some of our games (which have already been available in Japan) to the West, next are requests about Dragon Quest in the West, a Final Fantasy VII remake and then there are some suggestions and requests for more information on our Tomb Raider sequel.

That’s not an exhaustive list by any means, there are many different questions, so if your comment’s not one of those, it’s not being ignored – but I will aim to answer the most-asked questions first. That said, in the spirit of openness I have got to flag that localising previously released games is often not possible when the original team members have moved onto other projects. I will look into this but I don’t want to get anybody’s hopes up.

Please keep the comments and emails flowing and thanks again for your passion."

Another thing that is rather telling about this reply, is the degree of separation theres seems to be. The most vocal response was about the localization of their games and the second was about DQ localization. Shouldn't that be one topic? This is actually what worries me, this along with the glaring omission of DQ in the initial blog post. They don't even consider DQ as part of the company outside of Japan : (

Edited by SlimeBeherit

Yes I did

On 8/12/2013 7:04 AM, Phil Rogers - CEO wrote:

> Hi Brian,

>

> Thanks for the note, direct and straight to the point, I like it. Dragon

> Quest for the West is one of the most common topics through the emails

> and posts I've read. So it's one of the first questions I plan to

> tackle, I'm looking into it and I plan to post on the blog as soon as I

> have anything to post. I'm not making any promises, but I'm listening

> and I'll look into it.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Phil

Yes I did

On 8/12/2013 7:04 AM, Phil Rogers - CEO wrote:

> Hi Brian,

>

> Thanks for the note, direct and straight to the point, I like it. Dragon

> Quest for the West is one of the most common topics through the emails

> and posts I've read. So it's one of the first questions I plan to

> tackle, I'm looking into it and I plan to post on the blog as soon as I

> have anything to post. I'm not making any promises, but I'm listening

> and I'll look into it.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Phil

Better than nothing, fingers crossed! Thanks for the news Woodus!

Did anybody ask him why he kept this separate from "localizing SQEX games that have already been release in japan"?

Good question Erdrick, but I think the obvious answer is that his first post response in the comment section of the blog is a blanket response.  Not really intending to say anything because for now the company position is likely they're unsure about Dragon Quest, and with the number of requests for Dragon Quest being nearly 1/2 of all comments in the comment section, there's no way he could ignore it entirely.

Anyway, awesome Woodus.  I wonder how he'll respond to my own personal email.

I think it's actually a good idea for the copy-paste campaign to instead do short business like statements indicating a personal statement indicating each individual wants to buy X game.  Pledging that to do so means Square Enix must pledge to support Dragon Quest directly, even if they do not publish the games, at the very least through cheap and simple media plugs in twitter, facebook, and short videos on youtube.

So something like:

Mr. Phil Rogers,

I, (NAME GOES HERE), desire to see Dragon Quest as a series become successful in (YOUR COUNTRY HERE).  I pledge to purchase (Dragon Quest Game) when it comes to my country.  With respect, I would like to see your company honour my pledge by supporting (Dragon Quest Game), even should another company such as Nintendo publish it, at the very least through cheap and simple media plugs in twitter, facebook, and short video snipits on youtube.

Thank you,

(Name Goes Here)

Each with a similar title:  Pledge to Support (Dragon Quest Game)

I think this is actually far superior to my initial concept, since it is just about business and shows there is a willing crowd.  If we can can start these as individual campaigns, one game at a time here, and link as many people as possible to this support pledge for future Dragon Quest titles, I think we can really get something going similar to Operation Rainfall's success.  Afterall businesses are all about making money first.  So I would suggest for each one, a new topic.

The question is, what game to start with first, and I don't care even if I think it will come out, that is not the point, the point is to get some positive response from them indicating to us if a game will come out, and hopefully start a cheap, simple campaign that will increase public interest and hopefully spur new sales.

So let's list off the various games that still have a chance of release first, and go from there.

Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden

Dragon Quest X

Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland

Dragon Quest Monsters 2: (I haven't checked into this yet, are they remaking both games? Or just one of them so far?)

I forget the title to the third Slime Mori Mori game, so any others you guys feel like adding.  Then I think we should do Terry first, then VII, then X, and so on.