Sign in to follow this  
Proshall

DQM2 3DS officially announced!

The green dragon is from DQX, if I'm not mistaken. I'm curious what the GIGANTIC, blue and yellow serpentine thing that Cobi's staring at is, though; it doesn't look like any monster I've ever seen.

My hype is over the limit right now, but what ALSO interests me is that there's a PC monsters game as shown in the bottom of the picture.

Siliconera article about it. 

Dragon Quest: Monster Parade is a “real time adventure parade†and it will be free to play. Like most browser games, there will be items available for purchase. Service doesn’t start until the end of August, but if you want to be one of the first people to play it you can register here.

Well I don't know what it is exactly, but those characters are pretty great!

Bad Google translation;

Horse-drawn carriage and monsters also level up, fight. Even monsters become the new companion. Make a parade of only you!!

So it might be kind of like DQM3?

https://twitter.com/DQ_MP'>Here's the twitter link if anyone wanted it. You need a Japanese Yahoo account to sign up for it, which I just did. Beta starts in late August.

Edited by Proshall

Oh look, another game I'll be importing...  You get used to it after awhile =)

And Monster Parade powered by Yahoo.  Damn, another acct I have to create?  Hopefully they don't integrate it into DQM2, though I would be foolish to think they wouldn't.

I wonder if that parade game was inspired in part by the festivals about to be held in Japan. I mean, it does coincide with the month of the three great parades of the Tohoku Region, and that one other dance festival. Just associating the term 'parade' even though I don't really know how the game plays out.

I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully it comes out here, but you never know. G sized monsters. Is that suppose to be Size 4 or Size 3? The way people make it sound, it will be size 4, but people tend to exaggerate things. Also, over 800 monsters. That sounds exciting!

G refers to 3-frame monsters. In Terry's Wonderland 3D, the party size was increased to 4.

I didn't think it was anything different. Although I'd personally like to see a Size 4 monster. That would be kind of could.

All I wanna say is that nintendo or square enix better localize terry's wonderland if we want to expect this.

I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully it comes out here, but you never know. G sized monsters. Is that suppose to be Size 4 or Size 3? The way people make it sound, it will be size 4, but people tend to exaggerate things. Also, over 800 monsters. That sounds exciting!

Size 2 are M - Mega.

Size 3 are G - Giga.

Believe some of the skills that do extra damage to size 2/3 mons use those prefixes in Japanese.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hmm.. I'm curious of this 8 member multiplay. If its enabled in co-op campaign, does that mean party size is increased to more than 4 (from TW3D)? That would be awesome if that would be the case. I suddenly felt a great urge to get TW3D via import. :D

I hope Platinum King Jewel makes a return. Last saw him in IX. TW3D has over 600 monsters, but for some reason, he's not included.

Edited by Riffmaster

I hope Platinum King Jewel makes a return. Last saw him in IX. TW3D has over 600 monsters, but for some reason, he's not included.

Well, that's just not right!

Like we'll get it.

• Upvote 1

I will cry... I simply cannot buy a Japanese 3DS... My importing games days are over now that my local consoles will not read the games...

So Nintendo or someone better bring Terry and this (and DQ VII and Slime 3). It looks fantastic. While the first DQM game was awesome and had Terry in it, DQM2 was better in so many things. They simply cannot let them pass.

• Upvote 1

I don't know what to think about this situation, really.

For one side, viewing the copies they have sold in japan and knowing the great amount of dqm gamers seems like they're missing an opportunity. Well, all is about money: they can gain a lot of beneficts only translating the game. So, it's really simple to think that they'll do.

But then, why they don't do that, or at least, not for now? I'm pretty scared about the fact that dragon quest is not like pokemon (for example) in Japan: the first is a really loved (and protected) one, as you know. Pokemon has an international arrival, and if they haven't done the same with terry may be because they don't want to share that game with us.

As I said before, the fact that this game is going to be translated someday it's not clair for me.

But I pray for it: I sincerely love dragon quest games more than any other games in any console, and viewing the images and some videos on youtube I felt in love with the first, that It's missed (in my opinion) to go here. I don't know nothing about that second one, but I suposse it'll be (minimum) as good as the first, or (even) better.

We can only wait, OR do something to pressure the sponsors and help them view that translate this wonderful game is a very good idea in the economic way for the enterprise.

So, that's my question: anyone of you know any platform that tries that thing, or it's simply impossible to do and I'm so hopeless? =(

Edited by KingFreakSlime

I'm actually pricing a Japanese 3DS right now.  Heh.

For $400 I can get a special edition 3DS that comes with DQM1R.

http://www.play-asia.com/nintendo-3ds-dragon-quest-monsters-terry-no-wonderland-3d-editio-paOS-13-49-en-70-4k89.html

Or I can get DQM1R for $64 and a 3DS for $200. (LL for $20 more)

http://www.play-asia.com/Nintendo_3DS_Cosmo_Black/paOS-13-71-188-49-en-70-3ry2.html

http://www.play-asia.com/dragon-quest-monsters-terry-no-wonderland-3d-paOS-13-49-en-70-4k88.html

That's $40 for a DQ themed paintjob.  Hm.  Or I could go with a standard 3DS and get one of these:

http://www.play-asia.com/dragon-quest-monsters-terry-no-wonderland-3d-sticker-for-nintend-paOS-13-49-en-70-4r4b.html (Sticker)

http://www.play-asia.com/dragon-quest-monsters-terry-no-wonderland-3d-protect-case-for-ni-paOS-13-49-en-70-4r3x.html (Case)

Arg.  Decisions, Decisions. 

Just be careful with the case "protectors". I've bought a few official ones (like the slime morimori 3ds) and they end up doing more harm than good if dust ever gets underneath them, since they usually don't have any felt or protection on the inside (plastic on plastic). Cleaning it regularly should minimize the damage though. Of course, this is coming from someone who likes to keep things in as top-shape as possible, so I'm probably making it more of a big deal than it should be  :)

Just a note, it says 8 player multiplayer on the back of the box of Joker 2 as well, but that doesn't amount to anything particularly special.

I really wish I would've gotten the Terry3DS edition bundle back when it came out, but I couldn't justify the high price.  

That said, though, I don't have to wait 5 days to get import 3ds games now (as long as they get put on the eShop) ;)

I dunno how I feel about people now deciding to buy Japanese copies.

=L

Square is still gonna end up making money off your purchase, further lowering their incentive to translate it (if ever). If people end up buying Japanese copies, they're not gonna need to translate it (also for everyone buying a Japanese game is another English game that ISN'T going to sell). So after all the crap they've been doing to us, NOT bothering to translate the past 5 DQ games, they STILL end up winning. It's like salt in the wound.

I totally understand the frustration though, there's no answer in sight, and people are tired of waiting. Ughhhhh.

Not necessarily true.  One, they don't even know who (or how many) outside Japan buy them, and two (though I can't speak for everyone) I buy the Japanese versions so I can play them before you guys do.  More likely than not, I also buy the English copy.  Now I haven't picked up dq7-3ds yet, but that's because I haven't put in the eShop money yet to get it.  With this coming out, I might just wait to get it first.

Some here will not buy the Japanese versions because they just can't read it.  No problem really, though I think they are the ones that get the shaft when the game doesn't get localized.

• Upvote 2

Quit being so pessimistic that you're going to buy Japanese copies. Dragon Quest games take time to localize, and do we really expect the localizations to be flipping straight-up copy-and-pastes of the original translations? Hell naw. Just because an official translation exists isn't going to stop Nintendo/Square-Enix from completely changing the scripts and names to be more consistent with recent localizations. For example, look at Dragon Quest IV!

For Terry, they're probably taking their time with the script and name changes (TW3D originals and unreleased Caravan Heart monsters), and how to make cactiball, inopp, and bewarewolf accessible for international audiences.

But yeah. If we don't hear about Terry getting localized by the end of the motherloving year, I'm going to pass it off as "No export for us" and, since I can't order online, be one of you pessimists around here.

I buy the Japanese versions so I can play them before you guys do. 

I know I would if I could as well, but my current level Japanese won't justify the import costs. Unless a game is single player and has absolutely no tag or wireless features whatsoever, I would also buy the localized version as well, especially if you need it to play with friends from your own region. One can always buy the same localized game for a friend as well, whether you import or not, to help regional sales.

Also, remember the Den awards you with badges for buying localized version of Dragon Quest games, so you can use that as extra incentive  :thumbsup:

Edited by Flute_Warrior

The last time I imported a DQ game -- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker... 2?  -- they announced the localization literally the day after I placed the order.

I wonder if I could just buy the j3DS and do the eShop thing.  Will a US credit card work?

Yes, it will work.  Just put 500yen in mine a few seconds ago.