Sign in to follow this  
Proshall

DQM2 3DS officially announced!

Not a single **** is given.

We're not going to see it over here anyway, so I'm not gonna get my hopes up and follow this like I did with TW3D. I learned my lesson.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully we'll get this one! Not crossing anything though

Came in on the RSS about an hour ago, yep. Exciting times for those Japanese. I'll be excited about it when Terry comes over to the US.

• Upvote 2

I'm personally ecstatic. It was my first DQ game, and still one of my favorites. And after playing Terry 3D for so long, I'm just over the moon that I get to replay my favorite monsters game as good as new. I'm a bit disappointed at the pessimism that you guys are showing towards this, though. All in good time!

Edited by Proshall

Probably gonna come this decade. Nintendo is freakishly slow with second-party stuff, but hopefully, our voices won't cease, and they'll bring us those twenty unreleased DQ games. XD

Give us DQM2 3DS and all will be forgiven - DWM2 was my first foray into the Dragon Warrior series, spinoff or otherwise. I won't be crossing my fingers, though. Given Square's track record, we'll get Terry 3DS instead. :/

Edited by Shinryu

To be fair, I'm not trying to be overly pessimistic, just a bit realistic. I am very happy for all of those who get to re-experience this great classic. It was my very first Dragon Quest game, and it will always have a special place in my heart.

I'm glad my favourite DQ Monsters game is finally getting remade. I sure do hope that multi-man play expands to Wi-Fi and the post-game is a lot bigger.

(I don't get what all the pessimism is about TW3D. Sure, due to the long time it's taking for localization, it might seem like it will never be localized. However, given Nintendo's recent streak of DQ games...)

I'm glad my favourite DQ Monsters game is finally getting remade. I sure do hope that multi-man play expands to Wi-Fi and the post-game is a lot bigger.

(I don't get what all the pessimism is about TW3D. Sure, due to the long time it's taking for localization, it might seem like it will never be localized. However, given Nintendo's recent streak of DQ games...)

MY pessimism is that, with this game announced, if Terry 3D IS being localized, we'll undoubtably get that instead of DQM2 3DS. It's Joker 2/Professional all over again.

Wait is this a remake or what?

I heard its a sequel to the franchise.

Edited by Mr. RPG

Terry was my first DQ GAme, but I really love this one more.
Not overly optimistic, but I will still drool over the images and throw money at my screen, that's for sure.

And, Shinryu, it's not the same as Professional, who was just an updated version of the same game (Really consequent update, but it doesn't change that much.)

Here we have an entirely different game.

Not sure if this improves the chance of having it here, though...

(Being a DQ Fan really isn't good for morale...)

Nope, remake.

And we'll never get it.

Ever notice that the people who are optimistic always complain and demonize those who are pessimistic about games being released here?

Yet when games don't come out here, the pessimistic people don't start threads or call out people that were optimistic?

Just an observation :-)

MY DREAM HAS COME

PRAISE ALLAH

i'll genuinely hurt someone if it doesn't get translated

Edited by Bynine

Uh, really? And you call yourself Mr. RPG... ;-)

It's obviously a remake and it's the "sequel" to the DQM "franchise".

I...  No.  You're confusing things.

This is a remake of the second Dragon Quest Monsters game.  In the US it was originally called Dragon Warrior Monsters 2:  Cobi's Journey and Tara's Adventure.

I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully it comes out here, but you never know. G sized monsters. Is that suppose to be Size 4 or Size 3? The way people make it sound, it will be size 4, but people tend to exaggerate things. Also, over 800 monsters. That sounds exciting!

I...  No.  You're confusing things.

This is a remake of the second Dragon Quest Monsters game.  In the US it was originally called Dragon Warrior Monsters 2:  Cobi's Journey and Tara's Adventure.

Sorry if that was confusing.  I immediately understood what was up, but found it odd that others didn't.  It is a "sequal" in that they released Terry in Japan and this is the sequal to that game.  It's a sequal in the monster franchise, not the main DQ series franchise.

I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully it comes out here, but you never know. G sized monsters. Is that suppose to be Size 4 or Size 3? The way people make it sound, it will be size 4, but people tend to exaggerate things. Also, over 800 monsters. That sounds exciting!

G refers to 3-frame monsters. In Terry's Wonderland 3D, the party size was increased to 4.

That 8 person multiplayer sounds really cool if you can gather a group, or if it gets here, online hosting wouldn't be bad either. 

795663206.jpg?1375282834

Boar with hat, big green dragon, and wind puff thing confirmed-- some new DQX monsters.

Whale Mage and some mantis too.

The mantis is warmantis.png - WarMantis. That pig is super freaking cute, is it from anything?

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah, they're from DQX.

They're enemies/ companions.

There's also one with a white mage hat iirc.

=)