why slime hill

LINKIN PARK

why does everybody... like a lot of people

keep saying, all over the internet

that slime hill is a good spot to train

i been there so many times, like i only see the normal slimes, sometimes a metal slime but thats it

no liq metal slimes

they like almost never spawn

you even get more of them when you stand and wait in bowhole place

so again, why is everybody so pumped up about that place

am i missing something?

• Upvote 2

Behold the secret to Slime Hill, the spawning RNG manipulation map trick (I think there's a version posted in this forum, or in the DQ9 section of the main site, but I'm too lazy to search):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/56916246

Basically it was the first place people learned to force LMS slimes to spawn.  This is actually NOT the fastest leveling, but it is the fastest without MKS grotto RNG manipulation, a grotto with an LMS only spawn floor, and especially a grotto with an MKS only spawn floor will surpass it (in that order).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/58659306

Using the first link, once you understand the process, this one will expand it into using it in grottoes.

• Upvote 2

I will say the slime hill trick is slightly easier and more reliable than grotto forced spawning of MKS, so at times it CAN be slightly faster, but if you have the rythm down, MKS grotto forced spawning is a tad faster.  Overall they're pretty close, especially since Slime Hill LMS spawns can number 4-7 rather consistently, which is an even higher count than I've typically found in an LMS only grotto.

• Upvote 1

Behold the secret to Slime Hill, the spawning RNG manipulation map trick (I think there's a version posted in this forum, or in the DQ9 section of the main site, but I'm too lazy to search):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/56916246

Basically it was the first place people learned to force LMS slimes to spawn.  This is actually NOT the fastest leveling, but it is the fastest without MKS grotto RNG manipulation, a grotto with an LMS only spawn floor, and especially a grotto with an MKS only spawn floor will surpass it (in that order).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/58659306

Using the first link, once you understand the process, this one will expand it into using it in grottoes.

Well, I'll be a Badboon's uncle.  Never knew of those methods.  Live & learn!

• Upvote 1

okay thanks for the links

can i do this on a normal NDS?

cause just reading the first steps and im already confused

if somebody can explain this a little bit more

Open your map menu and make a note of which map appears at the bottom of the current page. Close map list.(this step is just for your reference)
-Enter cave

i dont get what they mean with ''map menu''

if i open menu, there is no map?

on the above screen you see a map but thats it

am i a total noob or am i missing something again?

• Upvote 1

He means the treasure map/Grotto map menu.  When you open the menu, select "Items", and at the bottom is "Treasure Maps".

LOL, and everyone is a noob in life, even the most wise and knowledgeable.  The sole exception being myself of course ;).  Just kidding.  I'm a massive noobie myself at all hours of the day.  Even in games I'm quite familiar with, and tasks I know by wrote.

• Upvote 2

thanks!

well i did the stuff and didnt work at all

besides, the map thing, changing maps at the bottom

i only get 2 different map options , at the bottom

so fail?

• Upvote 1

Ah, ya, you have to have at least a full page of Grotto maps. 

well the trick didnt work at slime hill but it does work in bowhole

not sure if im doing it right but the way i do it in there, i get a liq metal slime everytime i walk in, as first monster spawn

its a bit sad cause its only 1

and they often run off

i tried it in a grotto to get more at once but not going so well

but again, really, slime hill aint so great unless people actually get that trick to work

so still dont get what the fuss is about xD

I always found a lot of metal slimes and such on Slime Hill when I had my copy of DQIX.

But then I also had a PAR, so slimes weren't needed with good experience multiplier codes.

• 1 month later...

If you don't want to deal with flipping through menus and RNG manipulation, you can run all the way to the left and wait for stuff to spawn, much like the Bowhole.  I posted a video a couple years ago:

Maybe there's a better spot found by now, I dunno.. been awhile since I last played.  Maybe I'll start a new game soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is the only place out side a grotto where you culd get lot of xp

Eh. Personally, I like just running though a certain ruin grotto I have. There are Platinum Kings on the later floors, and the chance to get Alchimiricle weapons is a nice kicker.