Dragon Quest over?

so.......... with nothing related to new DQ titles in any sort of recent news is it a safe thing to say that unless something magical and unexpected is the Dragon Quest series finally done in the states? I picked up a Wii U in hopes to maybe seeing the game come stateside and with all the lack of any sort of tiny news I feel all is lost... such a pity... Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Hopefully not.  There are talks of bring over DQX, but changing it some how.  Other than that, we do appear to be in a sequester though

It's not over, per say. They're just saving everything for the 25th anniversary of Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior in the U.S.

It's not over. DQ8 and DQ9 were both critical and financial successes plus the executive director of DQ10 pretty much confirmed that it is getting a release outside of Japan.

I don't think so personally, I totally understand the doubts though. I'd still love to get DQX and DQVII3D

Never.

With all the discussion about ED of DQX saying they're working on getting it over here, I truly believe it will be. Plus, I have a gut feeling that if we get 10, then we'll also get DQ7 for 3ds.

DQ will never die.

Edited by hawkeye77o4
  • Upvote 1

With all the discussion about ED

No discussion here. Don't have ED and I'm actually a little afraid of what would happen if I took one of those pills.

• Upvote 3

No discussion here. Don't have ED and I'm actually a little afraid of what would happen if I took one of those pills.

Man... one missed "the" can turn this whole conversation upside down.

They didn't say "over here."

They said "overseas."

That could mean China / Korea, and not the US.  We don't know anything.

I think the future of Dragon Quest isn't over, but they're definitely thinking of new things for western audiences.

They know a MMORPG won't work well here, for one. I see our next DQ being a hybrid JRPG/ARPG.

Square said that DQX would come stateside but we don't know the complete details. While it will most likely be a PC release we will probably get a Wii U version as well. I'm just mad about Dragon Quest VII 3DS. I wanted that so bad that now... I don't even want it anymore.:(

I do not see us getting the Wii U version of DQX. Too costly for SE, and they likely won't make quota.

I'm just mad about Dragon Quest VII 3DS. I wanted that so bad that now... I don't even want it anymore. :(

Mark my words. If we get 10, I guarantee you we will get 7. We have gotten every single main series handheld remake so far. They seem to be good with those.

In 2 or 3 years or so, if I'm wrong and we get 10 and not 7, feel free to yell at me all you want.

I'm not gonna believe it till I see it. Sorry.

I'm sure we'll get VII regardless of whether or not we get X. The original, while still being an obscure release here, did really well for a non-ff, non-Pokemon JRPG if I understand correctly. That, along with the fact that we got all the DS main-series games is proof that SQEX, or at least Nintendo, is likely to release it here. From what I've heard, the 3DS needs more RPg's anyways.

EDIT: hell, we even got fortune street. I know that's partially because of the Mario franchise, but ISDS was DQ+Mario and we didn't get it.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

And one little pill can straighten it right back out and get it pointed in the right direction.

And one little pill can straighten it right back out and get it pointed in the right direction.

Is it blue?

Byebye DQ. You had a good run, until the American market decided Call of Doody and Beers of War was better than you. (( Admittedly, I enjoy Call of Doody every once in awhile. ))

You pessimists think what you will. I've survived two Dragon Quest "deaths" in America already. And I'm not even remotely worried now as I was then.

• Upvote 2

You pessimists think what you will. I've survived two Dragon Quest "deaths" in America already. And I'm not even remotely worried now as I was then.

The younglings don't remember the dark times.

The younglings don't remember the dark times.

I don't even think I was born until after the first Dark Age. Either way, with the several Nintendo Directs that have passed by and even E3 and still no word about any DQ coming over, our chances of seeing another one are seemingly poor at this time.

We've pretty much gotten DQ games once a year or so, right after JP. We got 'em on every generation, on a good number of US-based systems.

But f'real. The young kids like the shooters and stuff.

I was born during the Dark Age (why does saying that make me feel like I should be in an RPG now?) so sadly I don't know what it was like to go through, but I can imagine it was pretty rough.

Anyway, I don't see why people are being so pessimistic right now. Yes, we have no word on any games (other than the hinting of X) making it over, but some people seem to forget how long it's taken for the games to be translated (and going off the amount of dialogue in VII and the amount likely in X, it probably takes a good amount of time). Now I can understand Slime Mori Mori 3 not making it over (and sadly it seems like Terry's Wonderland may not make it over) but I sincerely doubt that the remake of VII and X will be passed over. Ever since VIII was released, we've at least gotten all the other main series games that released, after all.

Besides, in regards to VII, it only just came out 5 months ago in Japan. Give it time.