So I got my PC back, and I've started to continue with playing through the game again. I'll be updating the walkthrough found here: http://dqmj2p.wikkii.com/wiki/Walkthrough I forgot how to make text provide links.

So far, I've only completed up to Jungle/Treepidation, but I plan to eventually rework ALL of the walkthrough pages due to their horrid spelling, grammar, and lack of good information. I'd done the Professional-exclusive bonus world before, and I plan to give that another look over when I get to it. AMA (Ask Me Anything).

Edited by Shinryu

I once saw a video where the guy was outside the Albatross and there were swarmtroops about, but I had doubts about it since he was hacking the game to show off unobtainable monsters (ie, meddle slime and tentickle). I was going to ask you if the swarmtroops were really there, but looking at the guide shows that they are indeed there at the start in Pro, which is awesome. (too bad they aren't there at the start of the original...)

So, yeah, I guess my post here is kinda pointless now :P Guess I'll just say awesome job for working on this and putting together what you have.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I'm almost done with the Doubtback section, but what's slowing me down is the wiki itself. It seems to take forever to load, and a lot of times it refuses to do so. :/

I'm not sure what the issue is, but it's REALLY aggravating. Only thing I can think to do is get someone to backup all the pages on the wiki and put their information somewhere else that doesn't seem bent on preventing me from adding/editing anything.

Edited by Shinryu

How about uploading your walkthrough in Gamefaqs or something?

I like the ease of editing a wiki provides (though clearly not this one), and the ability to use pictures. There's also the fact it's based on an unofficial ROM translation, and I question GameFAQ's quality at times.

Edited by Shinryu

Thanks a lot for doing a walkthrough for the game (or redoing it cleanly).

Btw, I don't like the way this wiki works either, so if you prefer some other wiki, feel free to take the content in a better wiki.

When I started it, I didn't know the differences between wikis, and it was faster and better than it is now.

Now, I have a hard time going back at it to modify stuff. 

Aaaannnnd Iceolation is done.

Wiki said the page is at a certain size and I should consider putting more miniature sections to ease the load on "some computers," but I just wanted it done. Which it is, for the most part; absolute confirmation on what monsters use what skills (if any), and EXP/Gold rewards would prob. be better off with someone actually looking at the code and seeing what those values are set to, like someone did with Joker 2, since the method I use (stated in a previous post) has room for error.

CURRENT TEAM: Jack (Skeleton), Female/Negative, Rank: D+5

Lv: 11, HP: 84, MP: 47, Att.: 116, Def.: 101, Agil.: 80, Wis.: 57

Skills: Prince (80/150)

Enfeebler (0/100)

Defence Boost (1/75)

Parents: Almiraj (mother; Spiked Hare), Wisseau (father; Swingin' Hipster) (note: ohai Joker)

Tyr (Tyrantosaurus), Male/Positive, Rank: B+5

Lv: 9, HP: 124, MP: 30, Att.: 129, Def.: 92, Agil.: 62, Wis.: 40

Skills: Graveheart (11/100)

Materialist (34/100)

Attack Boost II (40/100)

Parents: Spitnik (mother), Drago (father; Hacksaurus)

Ahnold (Cyber Slime), Male/Positive, Rank: C+9

Lv: 10, HP: 113, MP: 85, Att.: 97, Def.: 87, Agil.: 98, Wis.: 116

Skills: Healer (42/100)

Princess (4/150)

Aquapothecary (78/100)

Parents: Heals (mother; Healslime), Elizabth (father; Cureslime)

Why yes, I do find synthesizing monsters enjoyable. Wisseau, Drago, and Elizabth could've easily beaten the boss, but I wanted to at least give it something of a fighting chance. So I synthed them into new monsters and didn't level grind much.

Edited by Shinryu

Not a bad team so far. Have you attacked the Atlas? I've seen people get lucky and scout it on their first try with less than 1%

I actually did try to scout the Atlas and Gigantes with Wisseau, Drago, and Jason (a Great Argon Lizard), having Wisseau cast Oomph on everyone.It only BARELY reached 2%. Killing them was much easier, though Atlas had me on edge because there was always the risk he'd kill one or two of my monsters with his crits.

Something I'd like to know is exactly how scouting is determined. It's been stated to be based on your monsters' ability to do damage with their normal attack, which I believe, but it'd be nice to see a formula to get an idea of how strong your monsters would have to be to get Atlas or Gigantes.

Edited by Shinryu

I actually did try to scout the Atlas and Gigantes with Wisseau, Drago, and Jason (a Great Argon Lizard), having Wisseau cast Oomph on everyone.It only BARELY reached 2%. Killing them was much easier, though Atlas had me on edge because there was always the risk he'd kill one or two of my monsters with his crits.

Something I'd like to know is exactly how scouting is determined. It's been stated to be based on your monsters' ability to do damage with their normal attack, which I believe, but it'd be nice to see a formula to get an idea of how strong your monsters would have to be to get Atlas or Gigantes.

I saw a formula for this for DQMJ2 a while ago. I could try and see if I can find it if you'd like. 

I saw a formula for this for DQMJ2 a while ago. I could try and see if I can find it if you'd like.

LATE: Yes, that would be much appreciated.

Minor update: I decided to cheat to get through Martha's quiz a few days ago, wrote down what the rewards were, and just now finished rewriting the quiz section. Irritatingly, the website I used to find out breeding combinations was FLAT-OUT WRONG about the answers to each task. So kudos "InuYasha" for succeeding where said site failed.

Edited by Shinryu

Thanks for all the info you have! I cant read japanese, so sometimes I am not sure what to do next. Have you gotten WiFi to work at all?

I'm not the guy to talk to for that; I just write the walkthrough and such. I haven't even tried (though to be fair, using an emulator makes messing with Wi-Fi difficult anyway). I'm not even sure how I'd go about it.

Edited by Shinryu

About the scouting... 

All I know is that it isn't completely random, obviously (same action gives same effects).

Sometime, changing the monster used to scout change the outcomes. It was a while ago that I played it, so I don't remember the details for the scouting Passive skills...

Not really usefull, but still nice to know. 

Edited by Holy Slime Knight