Sign in to follow this  
bjaxx87

Weddie (ウェディ) Playthrough

Hi!

I chose the Weddies for the online part of Dragon Quest X. As I don't read/speak Japanese, I tried to get some help by Japanese Youtubers. I found DiscoxxpmAT who uploaded more than 300 videos playing as a Weddie. Here's his channel. Most of the following screenshots are from his videos, that's why the quality is a bit low. Maybe I will switch them in the future.

What I found out so far:

1.) There's little chat quest at the inn. Talk to the little boy with the red cap, then open your "common sayings"-window and choose the second option. There'll be an exclamation mark above his head and he'll offer a quest. Then talk to another little boy in the westernmost building. Afterwards you have to manually chat to him:

mxtm.png

He'll also react and talk to you. Then return to the boy with the red cap and the quest is cleared!

Unfortunately I don't know how to chat with Japanese lettering, so I haven't completed that quest...

2.) For your main quest you have to go to a beach nearby:

2bf.png

Examine the memorial stone and a little cut scene about some mysterious shell and a Weddie girl that vanished long (?) ago starts.

3.) Then visit the village leader (a full figured Weddie, that you know from the starting scene) in the first building on the left after entering Ashiku (the starting village). He'll ask you to get water from a cave in the north and gives you a bottle. You have a time limit of one day (ingame, not real time)!

4.) Visit that cave:

r00.png

5.) Fight your way through to this point and get some water:

i7jx.png

Screenshot%20-%2030_06%20008.png

6.) Return to the village leader and he gives you some kind of stone or crystal.

7.) Now go back to the Korutto plains north of Ashiku and enter the Renamu district here:

xdly.png

8.) Open your map and you'll see a building nearby. Go there now and enter the church.

church.PNG

9.) Talk to the priest on the right and a cut scene will start.

10.) Answer all questions with the top option (Yes) and you'll hand the mysterious shell from the beach to a blue haired girl.

11.) Obviously the shell is still cursed, as the girl gets captured by a dark creature (called "dark fiancé"). It's your task to save her, so go back to the memorial beach!

12.) Your first boss battle begins. You should fight in a group of at least 4 (Levels 5~7 are recommended). I for myself decided to grind up to level 12 and get the latest equipment you can get at the church in Renamu. It was pretty easy to kill the boss all alone then, so a lower level should be enough.

13.) After defeating the dark fiancé and enjoying the cut scene, the bridal pair returns to Ashiku. Do the same and visit the orphanage:

01.PNG

14.) You'll have another bunch of cut scenes (the bridal pair finally marries ("You may now hug the bride" :D), the old Weddie shows your former self in a mirror and the village leader tells you to go off on your journey). Leave the village and say goodbye to your fellow Weddies.

15.) Return to the Renamu district and go to this point (You can use the ferry at the church to reach it faster):

02.PNG

16.) Another ferry is waiting for you, talk to the ferryman and you'll be shipped to an underwater cave.

17.) Depending on your level and class the monsters in the cave may be pretty strong. You may try to fight some Man o' wars, but the Crabids have a ridiculously high defense. I am a fighter and just rushed through the cave to get some backup before I would return. Have a look at your map, there's only one exit!

18.) When you finally see the daylight again, you have reached a beach in front of Juretto. Visit the town and enjoy the mass of stores and other facilities. You can get yourself some nice equipment here!

19.) If you aren't accompanied by real players all the time, you might be interested in some NPC-help. So let's get rid of quest 31 first! Visit the tavern:

q31.PNG

20.) Talk to the lady behind the counter and receive quest no. 31.

21.) Head to the train station (see above) and talk to the guy in green clothing.

22.) You can now choose your destination, each ride is 25G. Go to Rakkaran (ラッカラン), which is usually your place for mini medals, alchemy and gambling.

23.) Once you're there, enter the castle!

24.) Leave it here:

castle.PNG

25.) You'll see a building with a big magic lamp on top. Go there and talk to the saleslady of the material shop.

material_shop.PNG

26.) Buy one ã•ãˆãšã‚Šã®ã¿ã¤ for 210G.

27.) Return to the train station and travel back to Juretto (ジュレットã®ç”º) or any other town with a tavern).

28.) Visit the tavern and talk to the hostess. After some dialog (you have to answer "Yes" once), quest no. 31 is completed!

29.) Now we are ready to get some help! So let's talk to the hostess again.

30.) Choose the top option.

31.) In the next top option you can choose the class of the character you want to hire.

戦士 - Warrior

魔法使ㄠ- Mage

僧侶 - Priest

武闘家 - Fighter

盗賊 - Thief

旅芸人 - Minstrel

32.) The second and third option let you choose the level range of the character. You can't hire someone of a higher level than yourself.

33.) If you're ready, choose the fifth option and you have a selection of available characters. Please note that those are real characters of players who are currently offline, so have a look at their stats and equipment.

34.) After selecting your comrade, you have to decide for how long you want to keep the character (12, 24 or 48 real-time hours). You can hire up to 3 comrades at the same time!

35.) Now that you have backup, you should gain some levels, gold and equipment. How about revisiting the underwater cave?

To be continued!

Edited by Woodus
Test if resaving would fix Japanese Characters

You need to go to the レーナム which is at the upper left part of the map.

r00.png

From there there should be a structure on the map with a church. Talk around in there and there should be an event. You got to the beach after that event. Hopefully I am not forgetting anything there.

Thanks again for being such a great help! :) I will try it as soon as possible and of course I'll continue to document my playing.

Okay, I played for 15 minutes today and was able to proceed, thanks Mimas! I edited my post and will continue soon (maybe Saturday). I also added some information, I directly got from DiscoxxpmAT.

I updated according to my progress of the last weekend :).

I'm bumping this as we have a lot of new players coming and this is helpful for those choosing Weddie.

I started as a Weddie myself, and I'm already stuck - how do I get a weapon?  The guy at the gate keeps telling me I need to have one before I leave the village (I think), but I have no money?  Do I need to bash some slimes with my fists first?  :laugh:

Have you checked your inventory?  You should have started with a few weapons.

Edited by Cranberry

Yeah you should've gotten a beginner set of all the weapons you can use. Just go to menu using "v" or the direction pad and go to Column 1 Row 3. Select that and it will open your equipment window. 

Yep, I found the weapons.  Silly amateur mistake to not even check my inventory before asking. :blush:

Happens! Fisticuff all teh slimes!

just wanted to say thanks for this guide - got myself some AI help and ready to explore the wide world of DQX - cheers !

I can't even say how much this helped me. Thank you for this guide!

• Upvote 1