Sign in to follow this  
Hardfunk

Beta Setup Issues

I figured it might be nice to make a topic strictly where people having problems getting the beta to work can post and maybe get some help. I guess people asking for translations can come here too if they wanted.

So my problem is with downloading what I assume is the update for the actual beta. 

The download is really dragging. It took me about 5 or so hours to fully download the thing, and when it finally finished I must've clicked on the wrong thing because it's downloading the entire thing again. Not sure if anyone can help with this, but just a heads up for others to be careful what you click.

I've also had a problem with the download randomly cutting out. I'll get some error code and then the download will close. This usually isn't a big problem since most of the time when I open the installer it'll pickup where it left off, but sometimes it loses a chunk of the download. Like two nights ago it was on 65%, the error popped up, and it was back at 50%. Last night though, it was at 55%, errored out, then went back to 0%. Again, not sure if anyone can give some advice, (it's probably my computer being a POS, friggin' windows 8...) but I figured posting this and making this thread couldn't hurt.

People with problems post away, and lets see if we can give each other a helping hand!

I have launched it twice now and have had it do a "update" an then another "update" the next time I was able to launch it, so it may just be needing to catch up.

Good to know! You're probably right since I'm noticing that it's downloading/updating/whatevering quite a bit faster this time, so I don't think it's trying to download the same thing again.

After installing the benchmark, I try and run it and it always crashes immediately. Can't even read the contract.

After installing the benchmark, I try and run it and it always crashes immediately. Can't even read the contract.

I am having that issue as well on my work PC.  At home it runs just fine.  I wondered if it was related to O/S. My work PC is XP Pro 64-bit.  I have had numerous issues related to running XP Pro 64-bit, including but not limited to an inability to run the latest Dolphin emulators (for Wii) since it doesn't support the O/S.

Alternatively, it could be some other random thing that is causing this issue.

At home I am running it on Windows 8 without issue.

Unlike newer Windows x64 operating systems, WinXP x64 didn't have a 32-bit compatibility layer. So you can't run any 32-bit programs on it. (Similar reason as to why you can't run 16-bit applications on new x64 OSes. The compatibility layer that remains in the 32-bit versions was dropped. This is why I am considering repartitioning my hard drive and dual booting Win7 x64 along with WinXP x86[32-bit])

I have Windows 7 (64 bit Pro if that matters). So I don't think that the OS is my issue.

My computer is Intel core i7-2600 COU @ 3.4 GHz and the video card is AMD Radeon HD 6700 series.

Don't know if that information helps are not.

Try running as administrator, running in Windows XP mode (or set compatibilty for Windows XP SP3), and/or both and see if that solves the issue and post back.

So I was able to complete the tutorial (HUGE thanks to Cranberry for the walkthrough!) and I tried to see if I could get the online portion to work. I registered a Japanese SE account and set up a VPN (as best as I could). However, when I click on the online button I get a message that says "You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered. If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account."

So I was wondering if anyone else had this message pop up before. I know there is a specific window where you need to activate the VPN so maybe I'm just not hitting it right, or maybe there's something on the SE account side that I missed/messed up.

Thanks all!

Did you register your japanese account through the Benchmark tool?

As for Mimas, I'm pretty sure you should be able to run it.  Your computer is better than the one I'm running it on.  What kind of RAM do you have?

That was what I didn't do! I registered it through that and was online in two minutes. Thanks a bunch Megalosaro!

Try running as administrator, running in Windows XP mode (or set compatibilty for Windows XP SP3), and/or both and see if that solves the issue and post back.

Nope, that did not help. I think something must be out of whack on my computer. Don't know what it is though.

Did you register your japanese account through the Benchmark tool?

As for Mimas, I'm pretty sure you should be able to run it.  Your computer is better than the one I'm running it on.  What kind of RAM do you have?

Installed RAM is 16GB

I bought the top of the line that Dell offered last year, so yeah, in all theory it should run.

Anyone knows, what that means? Tried to play a little today, but got this message before I even could type in my login data:

error.png

Edited by bjaxx87

What time were you playing/time zone? You can't even get to the single player out of the beta session. (I don't know if that's what it is, just a guess.)

It was 1:15 pm, Japan Standard Time, so the playtime wasn't the issue.

My guess is that either the servers were overfilled or the IP I was using was blocked.

Were you using VPN Gate? The first japan one on the list doesn't work with DQX (Toooooo slooooooow even though it says it has 100Mbps vs the one I had working which had ~58Mbps). I never got that message, I just wasn't able to stay connected long enough to update. (First time playing on that machine.)

Nah, it wasn't the 100Mbps one. I usually choose one that has a decent uptime as well as good speed (usually ~58Mbps as you mentioned).

But I don't think that was the problem. I was able to start the launcher, saw the anti-piracy warning and even got this window. Unfortunately it was lacking the textboxes, so I couldn't log in. A short while after that, the error occured and the launcher was closed.

I guess that everthing will work again, the next time I try. Still I'm interested what the window was saying, as I could include it in my tutorial.

Thanks anyway! :)

Edited by bjaxx87