Sign in to follow this  
Erdrick The Hero

Dragon Quest X Character Pics

You can skip the offline story?

Yeah, as soon as you create your human character and sibling, I believe it asks if you want to skip the tutorial (offline). If you say yes (default option), you go straight to the temple to create your online character.

My bro accidentally chose to skip the tutorial (like me) and went to the temple. I told him to close the game and to restart so can create a new character and choose "no" this time, but as soon as he got to the main save menu, his file was set up for offline. I guess as long as you don't get your Adventure Book from the temple, you can still play offline.

Also, does anyone know if the train is available to use from the start on the beta? I am waiting for my brother to finish offline so we can play together, but I would like to travel to his continent as soon as possible. I'm an Elf and he is going to be a Weddie, but I was thinking of being a Weddie so we can spawn in the same place if the train needs certain requirements (besides 25G).

Oh... Then apparently I've been IP blocked at least once before, hope it's not permanent!

Yeah, as soon as you create your human character and sibling, I believe it asks if you want to skip the tutorial (offline). If you say yes (default option), you go straight to the temple to create your online character.

Mh..., I think you must have completed the offline campaign at least once with any character, to be able to skip it. I didn't get that message when I started the offline game for the first time.

Also, does anyone know if the train is available to use from the start on the beta? I am waiting for my brother to finish offline so we can play together, but I would like to travel to his continent as soon as possible. I'm an Elf and he is going to be a Weddie, but I was thinking of being a Weddie so we can spawn in the same place if the train needs certain requirements (besides 25G).

After beating the first boss, you'll receive your ticket. Before that you can't use the train. I recommend levels 10-12 if you're fighting alone. I'll be online this evening (Western European Summer Time - that'll be noon - afternoon in the US), so I can assist you in leveling, if you're interested.

EDIT: I wonder if I could teleport you to another continent by using my rulerstone. But I guess that it won't work, as you couldn't return to your main quests without help by others that way.

Edited by bjaxx87

Just so you know guys, my computer was nearly attacked over SoftEther almost an hour ago. (Norton blocked it thankfully.) I'm just warning you guys, as I don't know the exact source of the attack, just that it came through the VPN. (I don't know if Norton meant through the program itself or through one of the VPN connections, so you guys might be safe, but I'm not sure. I've notified Woodus and asked him to write a more detailed warning, as I'm sure he'll know more about this sort of thing then I do.)

Mh..., I think you must have completed the offline campaign at least once with any character, to be able to skip it. I didn't get that message when I started the offline game for the first time.

Actually, no, I never played the offline mode before I started online. After I made my human character for the first time, I answered yes to something and it took me to the temple. Funny because I wanted to play offline first, so I made another character :P 

Maybe it's because its nearing the end of the beta?

After beating the first boss, you'll receive your ticket. Before that you can't use the train. I recommend levels 10-12 if you're fighting alone. I'll be online this evening (Western European Summer Time - that'll be noon - afternoon in the US), so I can assist you in leveling, if you're interested.

EDIT: I wonder if I could teleport you to another continent by using my rulerstone. But I guess that it won't work, as you couldn't return to your main quests without help by others that way.

Thanks for the info. I could use some help with the story [Elf]. I got as far as the getting the scene in that giant library, but don't know where to go next. There's probably a walkthrough already but I haven't been able to find it. I hope I can log in during the afternoon. What server are you going to use? I have only played on Server B.

My online character's name is ãƒ­ãƒ¼ãƒ¬ã‚·ã‚¢

Usually I'm on server A, but I don't think it'll be a problem to use server B today ;).

My Weddie is named ビョルン. I'll pm you, when I'm online.

Try this awkwardly translated walkthrough:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fxn--10-yg4a1a3kyh.jp%2Fdq10_chart_e1.html&act=url

I haven't played as an Elf yet (just Weddie and Puklipo), but I got along quite well with those Japanese walkthroughs.

Edited by bjaxx87

a0935cdf4e9ba08bd22b8f6b2484d9621cf14a0.

What are these blue things around me?  They keep saying "Hey!  Look!  Listen!  Hello!"  It is driving me crazy!

69e3595249cfa451d554846427127d290a364e0.

Go ahead and check, there's no strings or mirrors holding me up!

Aw $#!&, is it really the last week? Missed the first one thanks to some selfish douchebag friends and have been busy these past few.

That's a great guide, thanks! I also found this playlist. Used both in conjunction and now I believe I have to go to the World Tree to fight the boss. That was quicker than I thought.

Aw $#!&, is it really the last week? Missed the first one thanks to some selfish douchebag friends and have been busy these past few.

Definitely try to get online if you have the weekend free. I wish I could have tried the beta sooner, but at least I won't regret not playing it :)

Well, I'm not playing online. I unistalled SoftEther and won't be using any other VPN for a LOOOOOOOONG time. I wish I could play, but I'm not going to risk it again.

What exactly did Norton say? Maybe it overreacted... Sometimes AVs block actions of trustworthy programs just because those actions may be a danger in other cases. Changing your IP is an intervention in your system that changes a lot, so Norton just could be a little anxious.

It said that there was an attack coming from an IP over the SoftEther network connection, attempting to run something called "Free Mahjong Games" or something like that. In my panic I didn't bother to write down any details, just disconnect and uninstall softether.

...attempting to run something called "Free Mahjong Games" or something like that. 

Who in their right mind wouldn't want stuff for free? You crazy  :wd_coolslime:

Local gathering spot in グレン (Glenn) to applaud and dismiss the beta

1150336_614384181926105_922578501_n.jpg

Ahh, that is why all those people where there last night, I wondered why.

It said that there was an attack coming from an IP over the SoftEther network connection, attempting to run something called "Free Mahjong Games" or something like that. In my panic I didn't bother to write down any details, just disconnect and uninstall softether.

Okay, in THAT case Norton didn't overreact. Still I don't understand how that was possible...

@Flute_Warrior: Nice shot! Too bad I couldn't join you.

Weell, let's go for some new character shots! I managed to complete the introductory campaigns of all 5 tribes before phase 1.1 shut down, so I have some more screens this time ^^.

The nightly adventures of Flute_Warrior and bjaxx87 :D:

Screenshot%20-%2010_08.png

Here are the characters of my girlfriend and me.

Puklipos:

Screenshot%20-%2004_08%20010.png

Screenshot%20-%2004_08%20021.png

Elves:

Screenshot%20-%2008_08%20041.png

Ogres:

(Yeah, I decided to play a female character this time ;) Please note that we didn't know what character the other was creating, the similarity is completely coincidental! XD)

Screenshot%20-%2009_08%20028.png

Dwarfs:

(Flute_Warrior joined us for this shot! It was the sad time of our final beta-goodbye.)

Screenshot%20-%2011_08%20013.png

This WAS the final goodbye (only a few seconds before I teleported):

Screenshot%20-%2011_08%20014.png

Are there more Beta phases?

Those are some great screen shots! That first one was right before the Forest Spirit boss, right? We were having trouble figuring out if you could join me or not, but it turns out I missed an event scene  >.<

Also, note how it was raining when we were saying (our supposedly final) goodbye  :cry2:  

Are there more Beta phases?

Fortunately yes, but just 2 more weekends, a little less than 6 days as seen in bjaxx's post

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23311&p=365737

MAN my fiance totally skipped the offline story by picking the other option because he wasn't reading anything, just clicking, and I was like... oh. I didn't know you could do that! But I enjoyed playing offline and grinding my character up to level 10 anyway. Made things easier anyway, because I was ready to play online once he had installed it!

We didn't get enough beta time, but that's okay, because we are totally ordering the game. I feel pretty safe with paid-for FlyVPN. It's cheap enough.

Annnd ordering two copies of the PC game off AmiAmi in 3, 2, 1..

Oh, your boyfriend is now your fiance?

dynaiteojk97.gif

Yes! He proposed on a trip we took to Japan for our 4 year anniversary in April, and we're getting married on our 5 year anniversary in April of next year. There will be slimes involved in the decorations, so I'll most likely share photos when the time comes. ;)

Also A++ for the Parks & Rec gif, yay. <3

Edited by Michi
  • Upvote 2

Has it been established how we can pay for the monthly fee [for foreign users]? I'm guessing a Japanese bank account. How hard would that be to make?

That first one was right before the Forest Spirit boss, right? We were having trouble figuring out if you could join me or not, but it turns out I missed an event scene  >.<

Yep, I think you were busy looking at the guide while I took that shot ^^.

Also, note how it was raining when we were saying (our supposedly final) goodbye  :cry2:

Yeah, most dramatic moment of the game! :) I'm glad we now know, that we have 2 more weekends left!

Has it been established how we can pay for the monthly fee [for foreign users]? I'm guessing a Japanese bank account. How hard would that be to make?

I'm interested in that as well. My only idea is to create a Japanese bank account, transfer some money over there (less the bank charges for foreign transactions) and to state the Japanese account for Square-Enix's direct debit.

It would be much easier if you could buy points (just like Wii points or Microsoft points), as you could buy them via Paypal and get them sent by e-mail. I don't know if that'll be possible though.

Re: paying for the account..

It's simple. You can use Crysta!

I bought some crysta in order to get a discounted Wii U version.

Obviously, you can't buy Crysta using anything other than a Japanese credit card.. except you can use WebMoney!

Now, I might be telling you all something that you already know - but you never know this might be useful for someone one day..

You can buy WebMoney using SUTOCorp - there may be other sellers but I've used them in the past - which you pay for with Paypal.

Now, obviously, SUTOCorp aren't a charity, so it makes sense to buy bulk - but after a few hours I had my WebMoney code and was able to buy my Crysta.

Hope that helps someone!

EDIT: Just remembered - I had to send a copy of a bank statement to prove I was who I say I was. That might be a deal breaker for some but I was fine with it.

Edited by RagingAvatar

Sounds practical.

So after obtaining WebMoney (which is basically a Japanese pre-paid card/ticket), I trade the WM points in for Crysta through my Japanese Square Enix account.

But how do I apply Crysta to DQX? Is there an in-game option, or is it done via the Square Enix account as well?

Also, I wouldn't mind sending a bill or statement to SUTOcorp, but their main page actually requests a photo scan of your ID. Not sure how legal that practice is, but at least there are other sites that sell WebMoney without ID verification.

Thanks for the info so far!

Edited by Flute_Warrior