Sign in to follow this  
Erdrick The Hero

Dragon Quest X Character Pics

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I just got into the PC beta and started playing, so I thought I'd share my characters. Erdrick (or ERDRIK with a backwards K) is visually based off of myself, in case you all wondered what I (kinda) look like.

34is3ux.png

You should all post pics of your characters, too!

NOTE: I have no idea what those character actually mean in japanese, so I am sorry if it's offensive. I bet that neither ERDRIK nor LAURA written this way actually mean anything at all though, seeing as how it's kinda random in the japanese alphabets.

• Upvote 4

Is that what the option means? I had no idea, lol.

She actally looks kinda like my little sister in real life.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • Upvote 2

Here is my character and his sister:

Dragon_Quest_X_King_Zenith_Zoom_Clean.pn  Dragon_Quest_X_KZ_Sister_Zoom_Clean.png

• Upvote 1

For some reason on male characters, the eyes look "nice" (not realistic, seeing as they are all anime-style, but not out of place.) On female characters, the eyes look pixelated, and just "painted on" or something, without any depth.

tumblr_mp417whcXb1s64n6yo4_r1_500.png

My main character is the purple haired guy and my brother is the super saiyan blond dude

Edited by Awesomeinblue

I let my 8 year old make my characters :)

dqx_my_charas.png

Aaaah, you people and your competent computers and financial stability.

These are cool, though. I like what your kid did for your characters, Woodus :P Vibrant hair is where it's at.

• Upvote 1

Gahhh more jealousy on my part!!!!

Pukusaro

4bgp5Vn.jpg

He look's like a Meowth warrior.

Sweet, guys! I haven't played online yet, but that one dude totally looks like meowth, Megalosoro.

I got a newish (used) computer at my mom's house, so I should be able to play the beta here when I get windows installed. (It was ~$2000 new in 2006 or so, I got it for free from an estate sale that my grandpa was working at - It didn't sell so he brought it home. Won't have the exact specs until I get it set up and can run something like Belarc Advisor, but it's a Dell XPS 420 if anyone is wondering.)

Yeah, I guess he does look a bit like a meowth, doesn't he?

Not surprisingly, Meowth and Persian are my favorite pokemon

71957178_zps73ece213.jpg

Only got about half of my costume done but here's a recent shot of my character.

Nice!

Does anyone know where I can find my single player saves? I want to play the same file on both of my computers (going back and forth from my mom's house to my dad's house and vice-versa).

My Dell XPS 420 (running Windows XP 32-bit) scores 4882 on low settings in the Benchmark... Haven't actually played the game on this computer yet. Would it make a difference to play on a 64-bit operating system? (I plan to dual boot Win7 anyways, I just don't have a disk yet.)

Try just copying the whole "C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\DRAGON QUEST X BETATEST" folder and see if that works

I did find out while trying to install on a 3rd machine and having to wait for the download, I installed the DQXInstaller then copied the folder above from an updated machine to the machine that wasn't updated and then I didn't have to wait for the 60 minute update :)

i should have thought of that while I was at my dad's.

I've been having a lot of fun online.  Mimas showed me where the pictures have been going so I can finally share some!

32c25dc497ab3d058f8293e59913c2084e80487.

Getting my feet wet in the new online world.  This was early in my travels when I still could not stray far from the starting village.

eed1504fa6de8223a49f6897434067e3e7354d0.

The Scale Armor served me quite well once I had saved up enough gold for it.  It allowed me to venture farther away and hold my own against stronger creatures.

67e35b5f483fa05bd1668ee22b39730373a1a38.

Mimas's mother joins me for a festival and a picture shoot!

eb335e33467bac17d8c2825b201641f56bc876f.

My current armor.  This Minstrel armor has a nice look to it and the feather is pretty cute.

dcd25e74f6a2bd7f85c2732babd3ecf3fdf4c1d.

I though this picture was pretty neat.

Why do they all say © SQUARE ENIX?

When you take screenshots in the Wii/Wii U version, they're posted to a special site.  I'm assuming the watermark is automatically pasted on

• Upvote 1

Oh, I assumed these were all PC screenshots! Silly me.

34425d5401a8fdfd8042767b0778dbb6549a574.

I join Mimas's mother for a festival.  She's in the kimono and I'm dressed as a man with the armor.  I... I think we ended up getting married during the event!

ba9253e45aafddc68b5215c80da288baeb95965.

Then the NPCs stole our clothes!  I suddenly find myself in my underwear!  I was not expecting this!

6a415541a3d68f2113b7363e4b2f3670bd7bbff.

But then they gave us these dresses to replace the clothes snatched off our backs.  It's definitely and interesting design.  This is pretty fancy isn't it?

f6a1584cafd7802cbfac96f42c126c1a42379ba.

It was the last day of my 20 day trial, so we decided to go out with some action and a boss battle to save a kingdom!  Only one is seen in this picture, but we faced 2 formidable knights in a fierce battle!

bb535f3444afa124d89e8e4f247837229aecc0d.

Victory!

c5325ae4c6a1ed6a86c247c7a7f022815b6cdbd.

Another boss battle against a formidable foe!  Interestingly, I don't think I actually took this picture.  I think the game auto-took this one.  A cool picture of an ice spell cast against a vile creature!  Despite what it looks like, it's not actually me that cast the ice spell.

My 20 day trial is over now, and my membership is expired, but I'm not totally gone from online mode!  There's still the 2 hour free Kid's Time!  On Weekdays that's tough since it doesn't start until 12AM my time, but on Friday and Saturday nights, it's 9 to 11PM my time, which is more reasonable.  Last night I enjoyed my first kids time!

Edited by Cranberry

I liked those boss fights but the Pupuriko quest line in that city was kind of lacking :(

Kids and I, notice the family resemblance? ;)

kidsandwoo.png

• Upvote 1