Sign in to follow this  
KiTA

Dragon Quest X to be Ported to PC

Ok, cool, I will just keep using my trusty greenshot :)

For future reference the button to open the camera is just to hold in the jump button until the camera shows up on screen.

I hope the official beta page is updated on Wednesday to let us know how far out Phase 2 will be.  I'm hoping our characters remain intact throughout the beta. 

^Characters are typically deleted from phase to phase in every beta I've ever seen, or played, unfortunately.

For a recent SE example, they've deleted characters from phase 1, 2, and 3 of the FFXVI:ARR beta (however they are keeping them from phase 4, which leads into official release).

Indeed that's true MoonRider, but there's one major difference, this was an open beta from day 1.  All the other betas I've been in were closed beta, much like FF XIV, and so when they move from one phase to the next all characters are deleted.  As you said, once FF goes open beta (phase 4) all content created is staying on the servers, which is what I'm looking forward to actually ;)  That's why I'm curious to see how Square-Enix goes about this. Normally the phases would take place within a closed beta before going public, but this one has been rather unique in that it was public from day 1.  Either way, it's all good though :)

Edit:

Turns out beta phase 1.1 starts on July 26th at 10AM local Japan time, and will include characters created in 1.0, however the restrictions will continue to be in place, meaning you can't have a character higher than level 20, and a crafting skill over 9.  Was hoping they'd expand it, but that doesn't appear to be the case. 

Edited by Rockman1974

Free to play 'till level 20? Sounds like WoW. (Which I've actually never played, don't hate on me!)

Is phase 1 over already? I haven't had time to play it recently.

Free to play 'till level 20? Sounds like WoW. (Which I've actually never played, don't hate on me!)

Is phase 1 over already? I haven't had time to play it recently.

Indeed the first phase of the beta ends tomorrow at midnight Japan time.  We then have a down time of two weeks and it'll be back.  It's cool that our characters aren't going anywhere, but it's kind of sad that there won't be any new content to check out in 1.1.  They say to be on the lookout for further information, so I'm hoping this changes because otherwise the only other thing I can do in the beta is pretty much try the class changing that unlocks at level 20. 

As for WoW, it's a very fun game.  I've been playing it for some time now, although my current raid team just collapsed which kind of sucks. 

....meaning you can't have a character higher than level 20, and a crafting skill over 9...

The hell? :puzzled: I recently bought an armor, which I can't wear before I reach level 21...  }| Should've made my homeworks.

No DQX before July 26th? That's... cruel!

EDIT: They changed the freaking schedule after week 1? My information was:

Monday-Thursday 12 pm-6 pm and Friday-Sunday 12 pm-12 am

Darn! But considering I usually return home from work at 5 pm (which is 12 am in Japan), it wouldn't have changed much (except for Fridays, when it was open 24 hours). I will have a closer look, when phase 1.1 starts. Is there a schedule already?

18_013.png

EDIT2:

ベータテスト期間ã«ä½œæˆã—ãŸã‚­ãƒ£ãƒ©ã¯ã€è£½å“版ã¸å¼•ã継ãã“ã¨ã¯ã§ãã¾ã›ã‚“ã®ã§ã€ã”了承下ã•ã„。

Source: http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/news/detail/6bc24fc1ab650b25b4114e93a98f1eba/

Do I understand it right, that we won't keep our characters for the final game?

but it's kind of sad that there won't be any new content to check out in 1.1.

ã¾ãŸã€ãƒ•ã‚§ãƒ¼ã‚º1.1ã§ã¯ã€åˆ¶é™ã‚’ã—ã¦ã„ãŸã‚²ãƒ¼ãƒ ã‚·ã‚¹ãƒ†ãƒ ã®ä¸€éƒ¨ã‚’解除ã—ã€ãƒ†ã‚¹ãƒˆã—ã¦ã„ãŸã ã予定ã§ã™ã€‚

Source: http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/news/detail/6bc24fc1ab650b25b4114e93a98f1eba

Doesn't that mean, they'll set aside some of the limits? (e.g. the caves you couldn't enter)

Edited by bjaxx87

There haven't been any updates to the blog yet on exactly what will be included in 1.1, so we don't know what the next schedule will be like outside the fact it returns on the 26th.  Based on the quote you provided there does indeed appear to be new content coming, which makes sense.  I found the original beta details the other day and they basically said you could use your 1.0 character in 1.1, but that the level limit would remain, however that doesn't make much sense to me as we wouldn't be able to progress any further for testing purposes.  Again, this was info posted on day 1 of the beta, so it's very old news now.  Honestly I think they just posted that as a temp, but we'll know soon enough.  More info will likely be released next week.

One thing we do know, our characters from the beta will not transfer over to the final game.  That's to be expected though.