Sign in to follow this  
KiTA

Dragon Quest X to be Ported to PC

Here are the times for US users.  Times are PST/EST

Sunday- Thursday: 8:00 pm/11:00 PM- 2:00 AM/ 5:00 AM

Thursday - Sunday: 8:00 PM/11:00 AM - 7:59 PM/10:59 PM

I don't know if I'll be able to play anymore.  I tried opening the launcher to play the offline mode and it won't open.  Apparently my nephew tried playing it while I was sleeping and I have no idea what he did.  And the error window just says ???????????? ??????????

Edited by Megalosaro

Well, I was going to download the beta today, but according to Mimas' guide, a VPN needs Windows 7 or higher to work. Am I SOL? Can I still download the beta and mess around offline?

If you don't want to mess around with a VPN, yeah you can just play the Offline section.  Don't let Operating System requirements deter you.  Softether, the VPN I use, is compatible as far back as Win98

Even if this never hits stateside, which I think it will, there's definate possiblities for english patches and such. PSO2 has 'em.

Thanks! I'm going to get the VPN going just in case it does the IP lock. Like Mimas' guide says, if I'm going to be playing this on my laptop I've got to install the VPN on another system and create a wi-fi hotspot, correct? Do I have to have a card attached, or will the desktop with the router hooked up to it work OK?

(This stuff's new to me, so I apologize.)

a 400-500 dollar computer should be powerful enough to run DQX at max settings.  This is a really really good move by SE, PC is the best platform for MMO gaming and the most popular platform for it in the west.   If they do release it to us on PC, but not on Wii-U ill likely build a second computer, a micro one,  to play it since ill be playing FFXIV at the same time.  Plus it will give me a chance to use my Razer Sabertooth.  Been keeping it tucked away in its case untouched.

Edited by Alexandrious

No, VPN you don't need Windows 7. That is only required for making a hotspot for your WiiU.

On a PC you just need to set up the VPN on the computer that you will be playing on and you should be good to go. Tell me if there is anything you need help with for that.

Default settings got me a 5959 benchmark score.  I thought I blew it away until I saw that 14000 earlier...  Fullscreen mode isn't much better, 6048...

Highest performance (lower quality; I noticed some cuts in the animation but it wasn't game stopping) gave me much higher...   7194

My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and it runs PSO2 beautifully, so I'm stoked that it's going to handle DQX..

Im updating the game now, went and did that free VPN Saigan mentioned some time ago, gonna see if it works any good.

I finaly manage to enter in the menu of the game online. but now when i choose the first option i got a message with 2 option, if i choose the first one it close the game and the second one get me back to the initial menu.

dqxmessage_zps4c331d57.png

I know this is a couple of pages back, but thanks! It was a pain in teh butt finding the info.

On medium quality, windowed, 1920x1080, I got a 5880. I'm about to try it with the highest settings. (This is my Alienware X51 [not with all the available features, kinda the "baseline" computer of Alienwares.] I will make a new post for my frankentower this weekend, if you guys are interested.)

Aaaand, on the highest settings in fullscreen mode (with Game Booster on) I got a score of 4224. My framerate was erratic, ranging from 15 FPS to 90 FPS. I'll probably stick to medium graphics settings while playing the game unless they do further optimization before release. (Assuming we get a US release. Or if we get a fan-trans instead.)

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I installed it on my comp. and will probably play some this weekend when the servers are all day. This will really help me get a grib on some kana.

After getting my results (approx. 11000), I clicked the upper right corner of the screen to get my demo. Now I have the following two options:

3apn.png

What do they mean?

the only thing i know, you have to choose the first one.

Thanks a lot!

After logging in with my JP-SE Account, I was forwarded to this page:

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/windowsb/

But where do I get DQXInstaller.exe? I hoped the download would start automatically.

EDIT: Okay, I found it. You can find the installer here:

http://www.nvidia.co.jp/object/dragon-quest-x-beta-game-download-jp

Edited by bjaxx87

I finaly manage to enter in the menu of the game online. but now when i choose the first option i got a message with 2 option, if i choose the first one it close the game and the second one get me back to the initial menu.

dqxmessage_zps4c331d57.png

It says "In order to start a new Adventure Log, you need to begin with Offline Mode. *You can skip the initial scenario."

I keep getting some error message now when I start it up, was working fine yesterday, maybe the update server is down. 

Someerror.jpg

Edited by Alexandrious

You can't play the Beta between 2 AM and 8 PM on weekdays.  The launcher won't even start

You can't play the Beta between 2 AM and 8 PM on weekdays.  The launcher won't even start

Not even Offline? Oh well, gonna be another 3 hours then I guess.

Made a video, this came out a better quality, gonna try higher when I can go back in.

Edited by Alexandrious

finaly able to play online. however, i can't play with my lv36 warrior on wii.

I thought I would try to stay away from this beta to avoid torturing myself with a taste of this amazing game before I would have a chance to really dive in.  Well, that didn't last very long.  I just couldn't keep myself away. 

I got a Slime Knight for the benchmark, so it looks like I am good to go.  Fired up the Beta last night just to get my feet wet.  Here is my character and his sister:

Dragon_Quest_X_King_Zenith_Zoom_Clean.pn  Dragon_Quest_X_KZ_Sister_Zoom_Clean.png

Tonight I will have more time to dig in to this.  I can hardly contain the excitement.

I probably won't get to it till the weekend with the hours as they fall :)  Has anyone tried getting into the installed files to see what is in there? Can we rip anything out, monsters, music, etc?  I would try but I know nothing about that.

I really want to try this. :( I dont know how you guys are playing it unless every one of you can read Japanese.