Sign in to follow this  
KiTA

Dragon Quest X to be Ported to PC

I am sooooooooper excited for this!!!  :) This emoti-slime is an understatement, there isn't one in Woodus's magnificent slime emoticon collection.

DQX is definately coming to the US now. (If not officially, we will definately get a fan translation, but I'm hoping for an official release.) Now all I need to worry about are Slime 3 (which was probably passed over  :( ) and Terry 3D.

^I got my Alienware for less than a third of the list price, brand new. It was cheaper than every alternative.

And I got my Alienware as a Christmas gift, so I didn't have to worry about the price. (Though it would have been a lot more fun to build my own! I don't have the money to buy crappy used parts though  :( )

Hurting Nintendo's chances for another MMORPG? Nothing is stopping them for making one. On a PC. :P

I seriously don't see game consoles as a place for true MMORPGS. I'm hoping that FFXIV will show folk it can be done. (( Diablo is not a MMORPG, it is a MORPG. Take off the massively. ))

But if Nintendo truely cared about making a MMORPG, they'd make one, and make it F2P from the get-go, supported by Nintendo-based ads. (( Think the Pepsi can in Pikman and whatnot. You'd see adverts for Nintendo games in the game itself, like on billboards and stuff. ))

I guess I must still live in some sort of dark ages ... Everything is still in Japanese. That doesnt help me at all. What kind of translation things do you guys use that lets you read Japanese cause this game isnt any closer for me being able to play it the way it is. :(

Actually, this kinda worries me.  A PC port likely means no WiiU Localization, at least not with Nintendo's support.  And Square Enix USA is terrible, incompetent, and has officially given up on DQ in the West.  So that's not likely either.  Hm.

And Square Enix USA is terrible, incompetent, and has officially given up on DQ in the West.  So that's not likely either.  Hm.

Let's be fair, they were terrible, incompetent, and had officially given up on DQ in the west. Now there's a whole new staff...that might not be much different, but still!

And Square Enix USA is terrible, incompetent, and has officially given up on DQ in the West.  So that's not likely either.  Hm.

Let's be fair, they were terrible, incompetent, and had officially given up on DQ in the west. Now there's a whole new staff...that might not be much different, but still!

When exactly did they get a new staff?

When the Wada stepped down and they also laid off a ton of their US office

About two months ago.

Oh, and the first thing they did was kill all their MMOs!

Edited by Dwaine

I got a golem for the benchmark. Is that good or bad?

Kind of bad.  I hear around 5000 is preferred.  Judging by the specs though, this can run on a potato.

Edited by Megalosaro

I'm positive with a PC port, we'll get a PC localization. I don't want a Wii U localization, because for now, I don't have a Wii U, and I wouldn't want to play a MMO on it, juggling my controller and a keyboard.

So one level below average. Thanks!

Seemed to run just fine for me.

e6Mhd.jpg

^Are you in the beta, Mega?

I wish it was cross compatible with DQX Wii/Wii U accounts (I think someone earlier said it wasnt). Can't wait to see my char high def!

:{D

Yeah, I'm playing the beta.  I'm still in the offline section.  Going around fighting monsters and grinding for gear

Nice, just a tip though, don't spend too much time in the tutorial grinding, as you only need around 10 at most to complete it.

A lot of people do it in far less. Since the levels/items dont transfer online (though I'm sure you know that, just thought I should throw that out there. Some people have spent a billion hours doing everything possible only to find it doesn't matter).

yeah, i figured as much.  I'm having fun just walking around fighting slimeknights

Nice, just a tip though, don't spend too much time in the tutorial grinding, as you only need around 10 at most to complete it.

A lot of people do it in far less. Since the levels/items dont transfer online (though I'm sure you know that, just thought I should throw that out there. Some people have spent a billion hours doing everything possible only to find it doesn't matter).

As opposed to Etrian Odyssey IV, where you could transfer your characters and everything from the demo to your game once it was released.

Time to pick my race.  I think I'm going to rock PUKURIPO.  I'm going to be a Pukubishi

Edited by Megalosaro

I'm using my Xbox 360 controller, and it controlls like you'd expect it to.   A opens menus, B checks things or talks to people.  Y opens the map, X cancels. RB jumps, LB autoruns, and the triggers center the camera behind you

Since it is on the PC now, and a bunch of people are going to be trying it out, I thought it might be appropriate to mention this again.

I wrote a guide that covers the offline mode, both the tutorial and the extended offline campaign.  Here is a link to it for anyone that might find it helpful:

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dq10wii/dqxguide.txt

• Upvote 1