Sign in to follow this  
millu27

Help: Is DQVC store down? 06-22-2013

Hi all,

I would like to ask your help in a problem I have with DQ IX these days.

According to this listing of the DQVC weekly items (http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/dqvclist.php) this week topic corresponds to "Everything Rust Go Sale". However, when I go to the Inn and I log in to the DQVC, my list of available items does not update. In other words, the log in and download data process goes OK (no error appears on screen), but when Sellma tells me which news items are available for me, my list does not update!! (all I have is the items I had the last time I logged in).

I have had the same results from my original DQ IX cartridge and from a ROM using one of the save files available here in the DD.

This makes me think there might be a problem with the DQVC servers.

I was wondering if any of you could please have a look with their own game and see if you experience the same problem. I would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance!!

All the best!

Edited by millu27
  • Upvote 1

The same is happening to me. 

The same is happening to me. 

Hi Rangel,

good to know I am not the only one.

This isn't the first time it has happened. I'm not sure why it does however.

They stopped broadcasting the DQVC updates, apparently. There's an organized set of support tickets to SE on GameFAQs already. Hopefully they'll start broadcasting them again. (They're still giving out the guests and quests though...)

They stopped broadcasting the DQVC updates, apparently. There's an organized set of support tickets to SE on GameFAQs already. Hopefully they'll start broadcasting them again. (They're still giving out the guests and quests though...)

Is it mean the Rusty week would be postponed one more year? I haven't connected the DQVC this week though.

BTW, Guest Gal 3's saves are successfully gathered.

Edited by MelonGx

OK, thanks all for your answers. Hope the DQVC will be up soon again.

Just my luck. The day I decide to get back into DQ9 after a long hiatus, and the shop is down.

I wonder if they'll have a DQVC for DQ7 3DS.

Edited by gasgpmo

It likely won't be, if it's been down this long. The title's had a good run. :) Time to use an AR and save editor(s).

I'm pretty sure the DQVC has been down like this (and for this period of time) at least once and I believe even twice in the past.  It has come back before so there is reason to believe it could come back again.  I think when Joker's server went offline they gave a notice that indicated as much.

Sweet, finally remembered my password.

Ok, I do suggest anyone here who hasn't submitted a ticket into SE, and who at least wants the service to continue, to do so.  Mean reason is, it has only gone down ONCE before.  Exactly one year ago from this past Thursday, the day it went down this time.  That last time an organized call to send in tickets demanding it's continuance was set in motion at GameFAQs first, and spread to a few other places (not sure if it was directly based off Gfaqs thread, or if they organized with the same idea independently), and after a little over a week and multiple complaints, and even multiple tickets sent in by several people, SE brought it back online.

The cost to run is too miniscule, and DQ9 wasn't exactly a flop or even in niche category for sales.  It wasn't a million seller, but around 500k is pretty darn solid.

So sure, we could just use an AR, or a save ripper, but not every has that, or even has a second copy, or a second DS and even an R4 or R4 like device for such saves.  Plus we still get people new to the game on the GFAQs boards, and you can still find new copies out there, whatever is left of the new stock.  Then there are plenty of us who haven't completed the game, or haven't been present for every single week, and some (like myself) who are insanely lazy about using the map method for getting the creme de la creme of the items available in the week.

It's had a good run, but that doesn't mean it should not be kept up.  Financially it would not count as a burden by any standard, nor a burden to system resources for their servers.

Last time they planned to let it go quietly, and this time they plan the same.  Though it seems the Quest and Guests will remain from this point forward.  So I'm going to keep sending in tickets until I get at least a response.  If they official tell me they will not bring it back online, then so be it, but from a customer standpoint they should...indefinitely.

If anyone here who hasn't sent in a ticket is interested, here's the method to complain:

go to http://support.na.square-enix.com

From there Click on Dragon Quest Series, it will be along the left-had side of the screen.
Click for Dragon Quest IX - in the box in the top center of screen

Click "Contact" where you see the envelope.
Scroll down and click the "Get Support" button.

Contact Category - put in "Technical Support"
Sub-Category - put in "Other"

Type in something basic about the problem in "Contact Details", like "DVQC not working" and click "next"

It will give you a choice for "Customer Service" don't click it. It's not helpful. Click Next again.

Scroll to bottom of next screen which shows up and click "Proceed to Email Support"

Then you get a detailed form to fill out. Fill it out and click "Next"
It will give you a screen showing your info you entered. Click Submit - it will submit it and give you a ticket number.

Hi ignasia7,

many thanks for your suggestion! I will be sending tickets to SE right now.

Cheers!

Edited by millu27

Yes, I did the same just before I posted the announcement :thumbsup:

Great suggestion, ignasia7.

I just sent a message. Mi ticket number is 2368218. 

I hope the service will be online again... i want to complete my item collection.

Hi all again,

I posted a message on the European Square-Enix support web site (my ticket number is 2367925), and I got this reply by e-mail a moment ago:

--------------------

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are very sorry to hear that you are having issues with Dragon Quest IX.

Unfortunately, we have no information about the plans for the DQVC store. We can only recommend frequenting the official website and forums, as this is where the official information regarding this matter will be released first.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Thank you again for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information is available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.

http://support.eu.square-enix.com/

--------------------

So looks like we have no official news so far. :-(

Cheers!

EDIT: I don't know why the background of the e-mail I have copied and pasted appears in white...

Edited by millu27

Maybe it has to do with embedded xml formatting code, and it's conversion to these forums when copying?

Anyway, at least the EU team is responding, SE's US branch is still silent, and after 3 days I sent in a second ticket.  It would be nice to get some word on this, but all in all, though I spend virtually no time on this site, I am well aware of the community we have, so we'll come up with something, be it meetings, or using Melon's various saves, or getting people who can't find an AR an AR.  It would just be nice to get some official statement. 

Shame they never reinstated Slime Knights, or created a second domain for all DQ.  I seem to recall a thread discussing that here.  Some official hub to reiterate any important information like "sorry guys DQVC is ending at this point, but we will be continuing the quests and guests, and for those who still want DQVC, here's the source code for the server on our end so you can make your own."  Or something like that :/.

• Upvote 1

North American Square-Enix reponse:

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,
We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. It will be forwarded to the appropriate party. Please attempt to continue trying to resolve the issue locally while we report this issue to development and management. Thank you for taking the time to contact us today and we look forward to your opinions of our upcoming titles.
Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

Gotta love generic responses, especially the idea that somehow we can all do our part locally, aside from openly complain, but at least it's a start, hopefully this is fixed, or someone gets a real response indicating the continued status of DQVC.

Are the best equipments obtained by DQVC? 
What's the percentage of equipment that can be obtained by DQVC? 

Edited by Regis

Are the best equipments obtained by DQVC? 

What's the percentage of equipment that can be obtained by DQVC? 

Yes, you can get the first stage of all of the best items through DQVC.

Nothing is a bigger "$#!& you" to me like a generic response. It pretty much says, "We didn't even read your e-mail and we're not going to help you." If you're not going to try, don't offer the service.

• Upvote 1

There's another way to acquire this items, Jay? 
If i don't have the first stage so i can't acquire the "second stage" of an item, right? 
How i can acquire second stage items? Through alchemy?

Now i don't want to play DQ9 anymore because this problem about DQVC.   :(

Edited by Regis

The best equipment can be found in Grottos through boss drops, as far as I know. I'm not sure but I think there are DQVC exclusive items, but they're not the best equipment.

DQVC has a few items that are almost never found in the game save in very unique instances, such as talking to guests on particular holidays for a chance at cookies or cake.  Or talking to guests on your Hero's chosen birthday for a chance at similar items.  It can be far easier to access via the DQVC.

There are DQVC specific equipment, and these comprise nearly 5% of all equipment, however they're costume only, and most of them are headgear.

A few pieces of costume gear that cannot be found in grotto chests or in blue chests in story dungeons/towns, cupboards/drawers/pots/barrels can be bought for extra pieces via DQVC during certain sale weeks.

All equipment in the game can be had through DQVC, as with all items.  This includes Orbs, and this week was supposed to have been Orb Week.  Makes farming a lot easier, especially if you only have access to level 99 legacies, no AR, no way to remove and replace your save in your cart to use the save editor, and prefer not using a ROM+emulator on your computer.  Also helps at times with gathering extra ingredients for rare alchemy.

Other than that, the best weapons and armour are found through grotto A and S-rank Chests (a few good pieces of gear can be found in B ranks), and through killing grotto bosses (weapons).

It's pretty much one of the best ways, especially if you start a fresh game, for whatever reason, to access some of the best weapons, armour, and some of the most unique and fun costume sets with little effort.

@Dwaine...aye, it is kind of a middle finger, but it's still better than nothing.  We're sending in a third ticket.  If no response I'm going to start a campaign to call up Nintendo, get them to get on SE's asses.  Even if the only answer is an official, "Oops, sorry, we forgot to mention we've permanently shut down a service that costs us absolutely nothing to keep going."

• Upvote 1

There's another way to acquire this items, Jay? 

If i don't have the first stage so i can't acquire the "second stage" of an item, right? 

How i can acquire second stage items? Through alchemy?

Now i don't want to play DQ9 anymore because this problem about DQVC.   :(

I'll just answer this directly to avoid confusion.

DQVC exclusive equipment is only costume.  It's just another means to access the better equipment in the game.  Note that each week offers different equipment.  It has no bearing or relevance on getting the best gear in the game.  Or the multi-tiered weapons and armours for the highest of each weapon and armour type.

For these things, it offers convenience and only convenience in that you can get extra sets without going through a grotto if you know what week has what rare equipment. 

Well, I got a response from Square Enix. It is a follows.

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies.

Unfortunately, for support with this game, you would need to contact the Nintendo Support team. You should be able to find further information in the manual for the game.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.