Sign in to follow this  
Cain

Translation Project

No wonder the project was served a C&D!

http://toucharcade.com/2015/09/01/square-enix-tgs2015-dragon-quest-7/

I see this as a positive, outside of the fact that its on mobile (bleh).

I personally hate the mobile controls when it gets past DQ3.

Way too much going on with the screen.

Havent tried getting a controller and mirroring to my AppleTV yet, but I cant see that having good effects (lagwise) either.

No wonder the project was served a C&D!

http://toucharcade.com/2015/09/01/square-enix-tgs2015-dragon-quest-7/

I see this as a positive, outside of the fact that its on mobile (bleh).

I personally hate the mobile controls when it gets past DQ3.

Way too much going on with the screen.

Havent tried getting a controller and mirroring to my AppleTV yet, but I cant see that having good effects (lagwise) either.

I don't understand your logic.  C&D because they're re-releasing a Japanese game on another format in Japan?  Um...?

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for working on this derailed project.  I know a lot of time was put into it, and if the ends justifies the means and we're getting a western release, it was all worth the effort.

Edited by Liamland
  • Upvote 2

Well, at least this thread ends on a happy note.

Fragments of the Forgotten Past!

Well, at least this thread ends on a happy note.

Fragments of the Forgotten Past!

Indeed.  No wonder SE sent the C&D. They were working on the localization. 

• Upvote 1

I was pretty confident we were going to get it after I got the C&D.  Like I've said before, it's very unlikely a company will send a C&D unless they're planning on releasing it themselves.  If the fan translation helped push them to an official localization, then mission accomplished.

• Upvote 3

I learned a decent amount working on it, and that has carried over to other projects!

So for me personally, nothing lost.  Tons gained!  All I can think about lately is playing this game

I learned a decent amount working on it, and that has carried over to other projects!

So for me personally, nothing lost.  Tons gained!  All I can think about lately is playing this game

As did I and I agree.

Of course the biggest thing I learned is that Graduate school sucks the life out of you. Thankfully it's nearly over.

I learned quite a lot too! Especially concerning the Japanese language itself, but I did learn quite a bit of technical stuff too.

I never did show screenshots for fear of my own project getting a cease and desist order too, but I might post some soon, now that I don't need to worry about that.

In somewhat related discussion, the fact that the C&D preceded this, and now we're getting it, pretty much cements my initial thought that we will no way see X coming our way.

Nobody ever said a thing to me about it, even in spite of a few emails I made to SE basically saying "come at me, bro" (I was having a particularly off night and feeling quite annoyed with the world at the time).

Though I did see perhaps a small glimmer of hope when they talked about X being ported to PS4, I'm still convinced it isn't going to happen.  But, I'm also pretty okay with that... I don't think as an MMO it would do that well here, and honestly, I'd rather not have anything released here that is a colossal failure... that's not a win for SE, and therefore in the bigger picture not a win for fans either.

I'm very glad this is being brought over. It did seem very odd that a C&D was given and now it all makes sense. Now they just need to bring Dragon Quest Monsters 3DS over so we don't have to mess with that :)

*Casts vivify on the topic*

Wait what, you guys got a C&D and ya stopped? SAWFT!

Just kidding, C&D's mean SE actually cares (about money) and it was obvious a release was imminent. If SE would have sent one for DQ5r PS2 that would have been "great news", but I think they really didn't care because it was a version that had no chance of release outside of Japan.

I'm regaining my enjoyment of life now (I think I can now look past a localization that tries way too hard) so I might even give DQ7 3ds a whirl. Wondering if the legit cart would run on a 3ds with arm9loaderhax...

• Upvote 1

Time to start translation projects for all the other unreleased games then right ;)

• Upvote 1

Hey there, Tom! Long time no see. How you been?

Time to start translation projects for all the other unreleased games then right ;)

Yah, just need a lil direction and a lil push. ^.^

Though depending on how legit the reports are DQ7 may still require a tweak.... Midi?  Ugh!

Hey there, Tom! Long time no see. How you been?

I'm doing better. Had some health issues that sound scarier than they are. Soon though I'll be makin some coin and feeling even better

I'm really out of the loop.... I thought DQ7 3DS was already out.     o.x

Unless SE or Nintendo does something to protect against it, fixing DQ7's music is really easy. I've already replaced the music in the Japanese version with success. (I replaced the orchestrated version of singing stadium with a modified copy of the iOS/Android/western version of the track as the symphonic one doesn't include half the track. The modifications I made were just a pitch change and some mastering effects like reverb to make it stand out less from the symphonic music.)

Unless SE or Nintendo does something to protect against it, fixing DQ7's music is really easy. I've already replaced the music in the Japanese version with success. (I replaced the orchestrated version of singing stadium with a modified copy of the iOS/Android/western version of the track as the symphonic one doesn't include half the track. The modifications I made were just a pitch change and some mastering effects like reverb to make it stand out less from the symphonic music.)

You gotta tell us how to change the music.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

You gotta tell us how to change the music. Or at least me, since I'm one of the few who's really bothered by the musical change.

I wouldn't be surprised if Homebrew was required to change the music.

In order to change the music, you'll definitely need some homebrew. I won't share information about how to do it until after the game is released though.

It's pretty easy to change the music in 3ds games. Heck there's a site dedicated to custom Smash Bros music.

IIRC you just need to decrypt and extract a 3ds rom and from there you'd just need to match up whatever song you're replacing with one with the same name and file extension.

Been a while since I've done it though. For the first bit you can use this guide here on how to decrypt, extract and rebuild a 3ds rom.

Edited by DarkBaramos

I was avoiding posting information until after the game's release for a reason.

It's pretty easy to change the music in 3ds games. Heck there's a site dedicated to custom Smash Bros music.

IIRC you just need to decrypt and extract a 3ds rom and from there you'd just need to match up whatever song you're replacing with one with the same name and file extension.

Been a while since I've done it though. For the first bit you can use this guide here on how to decrypt, extract and rebuild a 3ds rom.

As I thought, changing the music could have a pretty high chance of bricking my New Nintendo 3DS.

I'm sure someone will make a patch that switches the music back to the orchestra.  

You'd just need to get homebrew setup in that case. Which is very easy.

The secret's out!

• Upvote 1