Sign in to follow this  
KiTA

The "What Do We Know" Thread

That sales article is old as well.  The producer up front said that the digital version sold twice as well as the disc version, meaning sales of the Wii U version alone are over 100k.  Not the best, but considering the Wii U's nonstart at this point, halfway decent.  And again, it's still the BEST SELLING MMO IN JAPANESE HISTORY.

That's what I've been trying to tell everyone! Minus the sales part.

Source, please. Or else:

c06301a2.gif

Ok, now that GIF makes more sense. When Dwaine (I think it was him) first posted it, only the last frame would show, and it wasn't animated at all. (At least on my machine).

No, Felix is a SMT fan, an oddity here. You can ignore him.

You forgot to mention when he gets bored Felix sometimes likes to be a troll, in this case a failtroll. :P

Pointing out the truth is trolling now?  :lrsmile:

That sales article is old as well.  The producer up front said that the digital version sold twice as well as the disc version, meaning sales of the Wii U version alone are over 100k.  Not the best, but considering the Wii U's nonstart at this point, halfway decent.  And again, it's still the BEST SELLING MMO IN JAPANESE HISTORY.

That's what I've been trying to tell everyone! Minus the sales part.

Source, please. Or else:

c06301a2.gif

He's not going to post a source because he knows I'm right. 

You forgot to mention when he gets bored Felix sometimes likes to be a troll, in this case a failtroll. :P

It is when you actually have a lot less knowledge on the subject than everyone you are arguing with. You've told me before you do not like MMOs. Most people posting in this topic have shown they have played or have past knowledge of quite a few, me and Ryu even played Grand Fantasia together for like a month. So simply put: We all know more than you. You're arguing points we've all refuted. So yes, giving my knowledge of you, either GFaqs isn't taking your troll bait anymore so you decided to try here, you got banned from GFaqs again, or you actually think you know what you're talking about. Now please give up the false sense of intellectual superiority. :P

Edited by Spikan

It is when you actually have a lot less knowledge on the subject than everyone you are arguing with. You've told me before you do not like MMOs. Most people posting in this topic have shown they have played or have past knowledge of quite a few, me and Ryu even played Grand Fantasia together for like a month. So simply put: We all know more than you. You're arguing points we've all refuted. So yes, giving my knowledge of you, either GFaqs isn't taking your troll bait anymore so you decided to try here, you got banned from GFaqs again, or you actually think you know what you're talking about. Now please give up the false sense of intellectual superiority. :P

How is any of that relevant to people thinking some Japanese only stream will have US information?

And you're taking what I said out of context, good friend, I said I got bored of MMOs after 3 years of Guild Wars. I briefly tried Warcraft 3 for two years due to my brother and cousin but even that left me wholly unsatisfied. I tried WoW, SMT Imagine, Guild Wars expansion, and several other MMOs. Eventually, I just stopped trying to find an MMO because I couldn't find joy in any.

DQX may be an MMO but you can complete 90% of it in Single-player from what I've heard. So, your point is moot. :P 

How is any of that relevant to people thinking some Japanese only stream will have US information?

And you're taking what I said out of context, good friend, I said I got bored of MMOs after 3 years of Guild Wars. I briefly tried Warcraft 3 for two years due to my brother and cousin but even that left me wholly unsatisfied. I tried WoW, SMT Imagine, Guild Wars expansion, and several other MMOs. Eventually, I just stopped trying to find an MMO because I couldn't find joy in any.

DQX may be an MMO but you can complete 90% of it in Single-player from what I've heard. So, your point is moot. :P

How so? I was bringing up the sales. You can beat the game as a single player, but you have to play it online with others. So to echo what me and several others have said DQX did sell very well. And since you apparently have played a good few MMOs, I now don't understand why you don't get that the sales are good. Also, people that actually play the game have confirmed that the information is indeed old news.

And I'm not your good friend, good buddy.

Edited by Spikan

How so? I was bringing up the sales. You can beat the game as a single player, but you have to play it online with others. So to echo what me and several others have said DQX did sell very well. And since you apparently have played a good few MMOs, I now don't understand why you don't get that the sales are good. Also, people that actually play the game have confirmed that the information is indeed old news.

And I'm not your good friend, good buddy.

Haha.

Well, none of that really matters since they aren't bringing it over. 

It's basically like this: 

The blue guy represents reality and the red guy represents fan expectations. :)

Warcraft 3 isn't a MMO, and Guild Wars is a break from the status quo. It's more of a multiplayer online game than massively, due to it's instanced maps.

Source?

Same source that you Siliconera article you posted used. The 4Gamer interview.

In particular. page 2

4Gamer:

ところで,3月30日に発売されたWii U版の動向はどうでしょう?

齊藤氏:

スクウェア・エニックスとして発表しているとおり,“堅調”という感じですね。

藤澤氏:

今,発表されているWii U版の売上本数はパッケージ版のみだと思いますが,実はダウンロード版がその倍くらい売れているんです。

Source?

Thank you, Mimas. (bows down to you)

I'll make sure that I use that as a counter-argument against all the others who think DQX sold poorly.

Source?

I'll make sure that I use that as a counter-argument against all the others who think DQX sold poorly.

Same source? That's a completely japanese website. Any way to verify?

Source?

Put it on Google Translate and try to comprehend all the nimfarodo gibberish it gives you.

Or you can ask Mimas for the English-language source.

It says this:

That sales article is old as well. The producer up front said that the digital version sold twice as well as the disc version, meaning sales of the Wii U version alone are over 100k. Not the best, but considering the Wii U's nonstart at this point, halfway decent. And again, it's still the BEST SELLING MMO IN JAPANESE HISTORY.

You're really doubting Mimas, who is the most Japanese literate person the board and has translated countless websites for us?

How silly.

While that's poor sales if it were a normal game, for an MMO, with people paying $15 a month, for 12 months a year, especially if it's 100,000 people, consider that money for a second. They'd be making 18 million USD a year just by having people stay subscribed, as opposed to earning 6 million from just having the game being bought at $60 USD. (Just estimations)

They're making more than that though.  Last I heard, it had 400k subscribers.   A monthly subscription is 1000 yen.  So 400x x 1000 x 12 = 4,800,000,000 yen, or  roughly 50,374,314.27 USD

Like I said, an estimation, but still, look at those number compared to just having an outright sale.

Re: DQ VII, I wonder if 8-4 is working on it. They are a translation group and worked on DQ VI (http://8-4.jp). They recently did translations for Fire Emblem: Awakening and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. They do a podcast every two weeks and have mentioned on there that they are working on an unannounced project. They've also hinted they're working on something that has a retro game connection when Ray Barnholt of retronauts was on their podcast. Dragon Quest (and specifically VII) has that connection. It is a shot in the dark, but since they did translate the most recent (main series) Dragon Quest release, well I'm hopeful.

Edited by Thany

I don't understand why folk bother with 3DS translations. We can't play 'em yet.

I don't understand why folk bother with 3DS translations. We can't play 'em yet.

Huh? Thany is saying 8-4 worked on the localization of DQVI for DS. I often wonder that as well, but considering how infamous the amount of text in DQVII is, then i would have imagined they would talk about such a project with a more exhausting tone.

I was referring to what Thany said, specifically.

If anything is to be translated, SAGA 3. :D

By the time I can finish one we probably will be!

• Upvote 1

SaGa's pretty boring...

lol nope.   Poorly designed at times, yes.  But that adds to the excitement

Uhh, the DS SaGas were pretty awesome, almost on par to DQIX for me.

What.. do you mean? Of course we could play it if it was translated and released here? 8-4 aren't fan translators..