Sign in to follow this  
KiTA

It's official: We're screwed.

The PS4 REQUIRES PSN for multiplayer. Just like Xbox Live Gold! (Sigh)

Do you have a PS3? PSN+ is actually a GOOD DEAL. They're not going all Live Gold, requiring PSN+ for video services and whatnot. At least with PSN+ you get a TON of quality games. A TON. FOR FREE. AND THE LIST UPDATES WEEKLY ALMOST. I have 30+ games on my PS+ download list, for both my Vita AND PS3.

Um, they're free as long as your Plus subscription is paid. The second your sub expires, you're locked out of all those free games. Atleast PS+ is technically cheaper than XBL Gold.

Edited by ErdrickVII

And? Even if your subscription lapses, you renew and those games are back. 

With XBone? I'm pretty sure it'll perma-lock you from those games. :) You might even have to have Gold to turn the system on.

Well the Nintendo E3 press site was a let down no list of other games coming out in 2013 nor anything related to DQ.

Any sightings of the Master List?

It's not on it.

Once again? CHILL.

DQ7 was just released in Japan. It's too close to a Pokemon release for Terry's Wonderland, and ain't no way in hell DQX will work in America with how it's current model works. If DQX was worked from the ground up to be F2P, with no disk release and IAP/PaidDLC, Nintendo MIGHT be able to justify the costs in bringing it here.

Where is said Master List at?

Well, phuck. (Sorry, I had to say it!)

At least we can still see if Terry's being announced in any of the 3DS Directs (August, October, December) before the end of this year.

Where is said Master List at?

It would be with the E3 press stuff, but when I checked earlier it was not with the E3 press stuff. Which is at http://press.nintendo.com/E32013/ username:Nintendo password:E32013

Edited by ethanej

It's not there, no.

avt-large.gif

SIEZURIFIC!!!

Day 2 of Nintendo's E3 Event at Best Buy is today from 1PM to 5PM EST.  Show up at your local Best Buy in force with your DQ swag and represent!!! I definitely will be.  I couldn't get to the first day this past wednesday, but I'm headed there shortly.

Edited by ErdrickVII

Hope? Hope? The 3DS releases games consistantly. Nintendo pretty much showcased NINTENDO games. When we get a DQ title, it'll be announced in a Nintendo Direct, and we will get DQ7 for sure. It's just a matter of time, considering it came out in what, late Feb/March? It'd be too premature to say "THE US IS GETTING IT YAY".

On the other hand. Atlus is bringing Shin Megami Tensei IV and Etrian Odyssey Untold one or two months after the japanese release. If only more companies were so awesome. I'm slowly becoming their fanboy.

Yes, let the fanboyism seep through your veins! Atlus is the greatest, ever! > : - )

Hope? Hope? The 3DS releases games consistantly. Nintendo pretty much showcased NINTENDO games. When we get a DQ title, it'll be announced in a Nintendo Direct, and we will get DQ7 for sure. It's just a matter of time, considering it came out in what, late Feb/March? It'd be too premature to say "THE US IS GETTING IT YAY".

On the other hand. Atlus is bringing Shin Megami Tensei IV and Etrian Odyssey Untold one or two months after the japanese release. If only more companies were so awesome. I'm slowly becoming their fanboy.

My point is that Nintendo used E3 to showcase their games. It's up to Square Enix to show DQ7 right now. And Atlus is pretty good when it comes to JRPG releases. Too bad the genre is dying.

*Checks out reactions to DQ9, Bravery Default, and Soul Hackers*

Yup, JRPGs are dying alright. >_>

Me too. I love the Etrian Odyssey series, finishing up number 3 and 4 is one the way from Amazon, arriving on Tuesday. SMT4 is preordered. Always wanted to play one of these games and never got around to it. A 3DS release meant I couldn't wait anymore. If it's as amazing as all I've heard, then consider me a fanboy!

Mwahahahahaha!!!  :laugh: 

I want to see the end-of-E3 list! Well, if only to see if Terry is here.

I have no idea why people are already giving up on DQ7. I'm dissappointed to not have heard anything, but can you have expected it? It's only FOUR MONTHS OLD - IN JAPAN! Even if nintendo is too busy with Bravely Default (Whatever the f**k that is) they could do DQ7 when they are done.

This, coming from possibly the biggest DQ7 fan on the site.

Totally and completely agree with your post. I'm baffled too as to why people are giving up on DQVII, but maybe it's because they might never get to play the game with a copy-and-paste of the accurate PSX script (which I most certainly won't expect).

I hope not. DQ7 had a pretty shitty translation throughout certain parts of the game. I sincerely hope it doesn't come here to spare the DQ fans any pain from having to play that awful game. I spent 123 hours just to beat the game. It was the second worst RPG that I've ever had the displeasure of playing. 

I have no idea why people are already giving up on DQ7. I'm dissappointed to not have heard anything, but can you have expected it? It's only FOUR MONTHS OLD - IN JAPAN! Even if nintendo is too busy with Bravely Default (Whatever the f**k that is) they could do DQ7 when they are done.

This, coming from possibly the biggest DQ7 fan on the site.

Were you around the time before DQVI was announced for the west? The RAGE. the PESSIMISM, the CHAOS!!! Considering at the time we had just got DQIX, the reactions were kind exagerated. This time around though we were given the finger on three games already, so people are desperate for some answers.

I do think it's too early to give up, but come on, what else do we have to talk about? Fortune Street came out in 2011. Yeah I'm being a little sarcastic, but since it's my favorite game in the series, I'm also anxious to hear about it. It is tough being a DQ fan.

Edited by Billy MK
  • Upvote 2

I was a member then, but wasn't on very often.

I was pissed about DQ6 taking so long, but didn't think we weren't getting it. I was more upset that 9 came out first, because it was rather dissapointing, and I knew 6 would be a good game.

I was a member then, but wasn't on very often.

I was pissed about DQ6 taking so long, but didn't think we weren't getting it. I was more upset that 9 came out first, because it was rather dissapointing, and I knew 6 would be a good game.

And it was even worse for us European fans... I had nearlygiven up when it was announced...

...Well... Wait and see, as they say...

I woke up this morning and started reading all the new posts. In pretty much every one of them you have had nothing but a bunch of negative $#!& to say. If you want to give up and accept the end, please do so and go away. Its really annoying to see all the worthless posts you have made.

• Upvote 2

DQ8_26.png

• Upvote 2

I woke up this morning and started reading all the new posts. In pretty much every one of them you have had nothing but a bunch of negative $#!& to say. If you want to give up and accept the end, please do so and go away. Its really annoying to see all the worthless posts you have made.

I agree. If you're just gonna be a pessimist, save it. We all know the situation and we don't need you to salt the wound.

• Upvote 2

I agree. If you're just gonna be a pessimist, save it. We all know the situation and we don't need you to salt the wound.

I agree as well. I remember a post were he said he doesn't even like any of the new dq games. Why is he complaining?

• Upvote 1

I agree as well. I remember a post were he said he doesn't even like any of the new dq games. Why is he complaining?

Oh, how nice! You're making up garbage. I said I hated Dragon Quest 7 and that was all. 

In the Dragon Sequester thread:

Just finished my second playthrough of FE: Awakening. Might just drop Video games until SMT4's release. Honestly, I didn't like where DQ was going and I've already beaten most except the first 3. So meh. Might play my copy of GBC Dragon Warrior 3 but after that, DQ feels 'finished' to me. Much like Tales.

GTFO troll.

Alright guys, calm down.  We have enough problems without turning on ourselves

• Upvote 1

Alright guys, calm down.  We have enough problems without turning on ourselves

This. Seriously, you're all acting ridiculous guys.