Sign in to follow this  
KiTA

It's official: We're screwed.

Dragon Quest won't make or break the Wii U. Dragon Quest means that a lot of us will buy the released titles when released on a platform.

Except for the XBox One. Unless MS backtracks on their BS? I don't care if a super-version of DQX comes out on the One, I will still never get it.

We're not getting any DQ titles at E3. Just relax and laugh @ MS.

Says he who insists that Terry's Wonderland is a Pokemon clone (when it's really not). There's always the end-of-E3 master list (and yes, I know I'm supposed to shut up about it).

DQ7 came out early this year, and we would've gotten news of DQM1 3D by now. We aren't getting DQX here because there isn't a viable base to launch it on yet.

You can't be optimistic when it comes to the DQ series anymore. :( That and I'm really pessimistic.

Guess ya have a point there when it comes to DQVII and DQX. But concerning Terry's Wonderland 3D, (I'm saying it for the final time, I promise! After that, I'm not saying it anymore!), all may or may not be revealed in this year's end-of E3 list.

And is it law that I have to treat everything about DQ like it's the second dark age of the series?

This gen, I was all about XBox. Next Gen, I'll probably be all about PS4. Or Wii U if it catches on and we get some more good 3RD party content (and/or DRAGON QUEST). Or neither. I might just stick to my PC now that I have a nice one.

The only microsoft things I might pick up this gen are a USB One controller (if PC compatible) and Windows. I build computers, and as much as windows is too damn expensive, there is yet to be an operating system IMHO that matches it's quality. (I did not say it's quality to price ratio. That is crap.)

I'm a fan of Ubuntu but Linux lacks support from most game developers.

No, as I said before, I'm pessmistic.

I'm sure if Nintendo held the rights, we'd see DQ1-3 on 3DS VC, some form of DQX, the Monster series would be released as post-Pokemon relief, and we'd have DQ13 by now.

Fan games are great but they're preaching to the choir. We need to get the word out to people who don't know about the series. Maybe steal a few pages from the Starmen.net playbook.

But I laughed all I could at Microscam, almost choked to death as Sony went down the list on Microscams failures at their system and one upping them.

Twas beautiful, the cheering never stopped.

This has been my reaction this week. If I have the free time in the next couple of days, I'm going to gif this whole scene and do some creative editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylzU00yunzY

I could GIF it for you if you'd like. Just to save you some time.

Nevermind, my converter software isn't working right now. Sorry!

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

But I laughed all I could at Microscam, almost choked to death as Sony went down the list on Microscams failures at their system and one upping them.

Twas beautiful, the cheering never stopped.

I mean for gods sakes, Microscam keeps shooting themselves in the foot, like so~

Woodus posted an Article, about nintendo releasing something free to play in 2014, but didnt say what it could be.

Edited by Alexandrious

The PS4 REQUIRES PSN for multiplayer. Just like Xbox Live Gold! (Sigh)

The rumor mill has it that S-E ran a hard deal on Nintendo, in essence forcing them to make a choice between Bravely Default and DQ7 3D. As far as the legitimacy of the claim? I have no idea. But if true, it explains the lack of DQ7 information. (...and makes me really irritated that S-E isn't even bothering at all to push their JRPGs not named "Final Fantasy" or "Kingdom Hearts".)

The rumor mill has it that S-E ran a hard deal on Nintendo, in essence forcing them to make a choice between Bravely Default and DQ7 3D. As far as the legitimacy of the claim? I have no idea. But if true, it explains the lack of DQ7 information. (...and makes me really irritated that S-E isn't even bothering at all to push their JRPGs not named "Final Fantasy" or "Kingdom Hearts".)

Where did you hear that?

Edited by KiTA

Hi everybody,

I just saw this piece of news on vg247:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/iwata-promises-even-more-wii-u-3ds-third-party-titles/

Some key sentences:

-------

Iwata promises even more Wii U & 3DS third-party titles.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has confirmed to analysts that the company will announce more third-party games moving forward, following an E3 trailer that gave a glimpse of just some of the Wii U and 3DS games coming from external studios.

Iwata: “It is not my position to mention which titles each third-party developer will release in the future. However, more unannounced titles will come.â€

---------

I want to believe this brings some hope, as (if I understand that correctly) more unannounced 3rd-party 3DS games will be coming in the future.

Cheers

Edited by millu27

Sure there will be other third party games and of course he isn't in the position to announce them. Most of the 3DS/WiiU games are from external developers. That quote of Iwata is a little pointless.

But Nintendo is the publisher for any following DQ game in the west, I don't think he has to remain quiet about those...

Hope? Hope? The 3DS releases games consistantly. Nintendo pretty much showcased NINTENDO games. When we get a DQ title, it'll be announced in a Nintendo Direct, and we will get DQ7 for sure. It's just a matter of time, considering it came out in what, late Feb/March? It'd be too premature to say "THE US IS GETTING IT YAY".

Hope? Hope? The 3DS releases games consistantly. Nintendo pretty much showcased NINTENDO games. When we get a DQ title, it'll be announced in a Nintendo Direct, and we will get DQ7 for sure. It's just a matter of time, considering it came out in what, late Feb/March? It'd be too premature to say "THE US IS GETTING IT YAY".

On the other hand. Atlus is bringing Shin Megami Tensei IV and Etrian Odyssey Untold one or two months after the japanese release. If only more companies were so awesome. I'm slowly becoming their fanboy.

• Upvote 1

Do you have a PS3? PSN+ is actually a GOOD DEAL. They're not going all Live Gold, requiring PSN+ for video services and whatnot. At least with PSN+ you get a TON of quality games. A TON. FOR FREE. AND THE LIST UPDATES WEEKLY ALMOST. I have 30+ games on my PS+ download list, for both my Vita AND PS3.

On the other hand. Atlus is bringing Shin Megami Tensei IV and Etrian Odyssey Untold one or two months after the japanese release. If only more companies were so awesome. I'm slowly becoming their fanboy.

My point is that Nintendo used E3 to showcase their games. It's up to Square Enix to show DQ7 right now. And Atlus is pretty good when it comes to JRPG releases. Too bad the genre is dying.

My point is that Nintendo used E3 to showcase their games. It's up to Square Enix to show DQ7 right now. And Atlus is pretty good when it comes to JRPG releases. Too bad the genre is dying.

I get that, I just wanted to point out how awesome Atlus is at localizing more niche games.

And please don't say that about JRPGs, it's too terrifying. To believe in such future is possible... Think about the children of tomorrow, how sorrowful their lifes will be! 

Edited by Billy MK

No, the children won't be sorrowful, they'll be screaming on Call of Duty 20.

We'll be playing indies and lamenting.

They'll adapt. Our generation has been thinking about learning Japanese "someday".

Their generation will have to do it as their first "second language".

PS4 doesnt require to be connected to the internet every 24 hours...unlike Xbone (Sigh)

Guess ill keep watchin E3 for somethin to happen.

Me too. I love the Etrian Odyssey series, finishing up number 3 and 4 is one the way from Amazon, arriving on Tuesday. SMT4 is preordered. Always wanted to play one of these games and never got around to it. A 3DS release meant I couldn't wait anymore. If it's as amazing as all I've heard, then consider me a fanboy!

I have no idea why people are already giving up on DQ7. I'm dissappointed to not have heard anything, but can you have expected it? It's only FOUR MONTHS OLD - IN JAPAN! Even if nintendo is too busy with Bravely Default (Whatever the f**k that is) they could do DQ7 when they are done.

This, coming from possibly the biggest DQ7 fan on the site.

I want to see the end-of-E3 list! Well, if only to see if Terry is here.

I have no idea why people are already giving up on DQ7. I'm dissappointed to not have heard anything, but can you have expected it? It's only FOUR MONTHS OLD - IN JAPAN! Even if nintendo is too busy with Bravely Default (Whatever the f**k that is) they could do DQ7 when they are done.

This, coming from possibly the biggest DQ7 fan on the site.

Totally and completely agree with your post. I'm baffled too as to why people are giving up on DQVII, but maybe it's because they might never get to play the game with a copy-and-paste of the accurate PSX script (which I most certainly won't expect).

I can't vouch for accuracy, as  I don't read japanese. Plus, there were spelling/grammar errors galore. However, I can still say it's the best trans a DQ game has ever had, simply because the style fit best with the story AND the gameplay at once.