Sign in to follow this  
bahamutx83

Do you think we'll see DQVII @ e3 2013?

DQ VII @ E3 2013  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello fellow Dragon Quest fans! After a year long hiatus, I felt like posting on the forums again! (Mainly because I've started playing DQ recently :P) I apologize for not posting, but I'm a shy type of person that tends to lurk anyways.

That being said, I wanted to see if the Dragon's Den community thinks we will see DQVII at e3 this year! I personally think so, but I also thought we would see Terry's Wonderland at last years e3 (boy was I wrong about that one). This is something that's been running through my mind a lot recently and I wanted to see what intellegent thoughts and opinons others had on the subject. Man, that remake looks AWESOME! And I wasn't the biggest fan of the original to begin with.

Please feel free to post your thoughts on the subject! I apologize if this has been discussed ad nauseum but I did not see any topics posted. Just one or two thoughts here or there around the forums.

No. I think DQ is dead for a long time outside of Japan. Terry would've sold better than VII here in our Pokefanatic country, so if no Terry, no VII. :-(

Well, future doen't seems really bright for us, honnestly.

Anyway, if we don't have any information at E3, this will definitely sign the death of DQ here.

I certainly hope so, but my gut tells me the next DQ game we get will probably be DQ11

• Upvote 1

Still, we shouldn't lose hope about Terry's Wonderland, since I'm sure they've already localized it, and it's been about a year and a day since its release.

But I agree, if no trailers come out after E3, then ding-dong, DQ is dead (I can tolerate the wait for 3DS!DQVII and DQX, since they haven't even been out for a year, and I may be one of the only people who doesn't expect the 3DS remake's potential translation to be a copy-and-paste of the old PSX version).

Edited by Koyuki and Dororo

I hope it does come here but IDK there doesn't seem to be much hope 

I'll be surprised if we see it.

Hi all! I joined these amazing web site quite recently, but I expect to keep posting more often.

My two cents about the topic is that I have no idea if DQVII 3DS will be shown at E3 (although I wish they do!!).

What I do think is that if they eventually release the game for NA, EU and AUS audiences, it will happen roughly one year after the original release in Japan. I think so because that has been the patter of each of the NDS remakes for DQ IV, V and VI (even DQ IX):

(data from Wikipedia)

DQ IV -- JP: November 2007  NA,EU,AUS - September 2008.

DQ V  -- JP: July 2008            NA,EU,AUS - February 2009.

DQ VI -- JP: January 2010     NA,EU,AUS - February, May 2011.

DQ IX -- JP: July 2009           NA,EU,AUS - July, August 2010.

I know Wikipedia is not the best way to support your data or hypothesis, but I think there can be a pattern there. Localization to English and FIGS (and other languages) seems to take 10 to 12 months. So I would expect DQ VII 3DS around February-March 2014.

The only thing I am concerned about is the losses Square-Enix has recently suffered and the big changes the company is going to undergo. I hope this will not affect the releases of DQ games outside Japan which, in my opinion, sell quite well.

Cheers!

No. I think DQ is dead for a long time outside of Japan. Terry would've sold better than VII here in our Pokefanatic country, so if no Terry, no VII. :-(

I agree Terry would've sold well. I'm a bit surprised Nintendo didn't try to push it out before X and Y, especially with Nintendo trying to move more 3DS units. There's pretty much no hope for it now with X and Y incoming though.

But DQ being dead? That seems extreme...I know it's either feast or famine with Dragon Quest, to the point it's becoming a repetitive cycle but dead? God I hope not.

I agree Terry would've sold well. I'm a bit surprised Nintendo didn't try to push it out before X and Y, especially with Nintendo trying to move more 3DS units. There's pretty much no hope for it now with X and Y incoming though.

But DQ being dead? That seems extreme...I know it's either feast or famine with Dragon Quest, to the point it's becoming a repetitive cycle but dead? God I hope not.

One thing to consider is that maybe Nintendo will try to release X and Y before they release a DQM in NA. I really doubt this, but with Nintendo, you never really know what is going on in their head. Either way, if we don't get some news at E3, then I think it is safe to say that DQ may never come to NA again(except maybe X, so they can make more money. I hear MMOs do quite well in NA).

I hear MMOs do quite well in NA).

I doubt that will be enough of a qualifier. It's not on PC (where said MMOs are generally played) and while it is an MMO, it's still Dragon Quest... so it doesn't work like the MMOs that most people play.

I'd like to be hopeful, but with the present circumstances of SE and all the doubts flying by it makes it feel like it's pointless to even hope for news. I would really like to see something, though.

If we only get one more game released in the states, I hope it's the remake of VII. Don't get me wrong, I wish that all of them would be released here. But the most important one to me right now is VII. You ever hear of Final Fantasy VII fanboys? FF7 is a great game, but if I'm that much of a hardcore fan of any game, it's Dragon Quest VII.

Perhaps dead was the wrong word. Dead in a video game sense is what I mean: more of a dead-until-someone-casts-revive way. I can easily imagine us going another 2-3 years before we get another DQ title here in the US. With Sqeenix not making money, a game with relatively few (but amazing) fans isn't going to be their priority.

stuff

No, you're good, I understood what you meant by "dead". I just hadn't considered DQ being dead AGAIN.

I agree SQEX is bleeding money. It's just ridiculous how much of it has been caused by stupidity. They've wasted money on half finished projects, translating games but then not releasing, and then screwing the pooch on Tomb Raider and Hitman. I mean, how can you have a multimillion seller and it be "under expectations".

I was hoping that Nintendo would pick up the ball like they have before though. It would seem SQEX at least thought about this at one point with all the DQ on Nintendo support. Maybe I'm way off base though.

I also agree with you Erdrick. While I would LOVE to see a localization of Terry's, DQVII is the one game I would pick if forced to.

Probably not just because Nintendo is not doing much at E3 this year. They will do some of their own conferences which I think are around the time of E3, but before it.

As for whether or not it will be around leading up to E3 at one of their Direct conferences, probably not. I don't think the series is on hold if it doesn't get announced at E3. The game hasn't been out that long in Japan. It is in Nintendo's hands at this point I would believe since nothing has really changed. Square-Enix has financial troubles, but they didn't 3 years ago and didn't release DQ9, or Joker 2 a couple of years ago. It's pretty much up to Nintendo if they decide it's worth publishing outside Japan. I think out of the 3 major games released in the last year or 2 (Terry's Wonderland, 7, and 10), 7 has the best chance to come here since it's on the 3DS which is doing better than the Wii U and is not a Monsters game (not knocking the series, they just don't sell well for whatever reason),

Edited by Destructor526

I don't think monsters sells well here because there's two major groups of people holding it back. There's the Pokemon fans who think it's just a knock off (which in a way, I guess it is, but it's better than pokemon) and then there's the people like me who aren't into the monster-trading-rpg's. I don't mind catching monsters, in fact I quite enjoy it. (DQ5 was a beast. I don't know WTF they were trying to pull by removing it from DQ6DS, since that is a huge part of TERRY'S STORY) But half the "fun" in those games is being able to trade like a card game, right? Even if I were into that, ironically low sales probably contribute to low sales, because there is noone I know locally that plays DQM, and I'm sure that is the case for many, many people in the States. DWM1 was good because it didn't emphasize much on trading, but I have a feeling that the remake does/will.

I always thought DQM was about the battles, yo. I don't even think there's wifi support for monster trading...

I always thought DQM was about the battles, yo. I don't even think there's wifi support for monster trading...

The DQM series is indeed all about the battles, and there's no Wi-Fi support for monster trading. Just lettin' ya know.

I have no doubt at all that we'll get DQ7R in the US.

I would be absolutely gobsmacked to discover us getting DQMTW or the upcoming DQM2 remake.

It just won't happen.  Fortunately for all of us, 3DS Flash Carts are becoming a reality.

I would be absolutely gobsmacked to discover us getting DQMTW or the upcoming DQM2 remake.

It just won't happen.  Fortunately for all of us, 3DS Flash Carts are becoming a reality.

I wouldn't be gobsmacked to discover that. Considering the original DWM was a success here due to Poke-mania, I'd be baffled if we didn't get TW3D or the DQM2 remake.

And the flashcart doesn't bypass the region lock...

I wouldn't be gobsmacked to discover that. Considering the original DWM was a success here due to Poke-mania, I'd be baffled if we didn't get TW3D or the DQM2 remake.

The region lock thing will be easily patched...  I presume.

But DQM would have to be either:

1.  Square Enix -- who has given up on DQ in the West.

2.  Nintendo -- who has a flagship Pokemon game coming out this year in the West.  Plus, apparently Nintendo wasn't happy with DQMJ2's sales.  So...

SE won't release it, Nintendo won't release it.  We're not getting it.

2.  Nintendo -- who has a flagship Pokemon game coming out this year in the West.  Plus, apparently Nintendo wasn't happy with DQMJ2's sales.  So...

DQMJ2's sales were poor due to (I presume) Nintendo limiting its release, knowing full well it wouldn't be as popular as DQIX. So Nintendo/Square Enix can release it earlier (if they ever do release it) than X&Y to avoid competition with it.

I'm hoping we'll get DQ7, but I seriously doubt we'll get any more DQM titles if Square Enix doesn't publish them themselves. It's clear they relied on Nintendon't for publishing their last few titles, and Nintendo clearly wasn't impressed with Squeenix with their involvement with DQMJ2.

DQMJ2's sales were poor due to (I presume) Nintendo limiting its release, knowing full well it wouldn't be as popular as DQIX. So Nintendo/Square Enix can release it earlier (if they ever do release it) than X&Y to avoid competition with it.

X&Y are in October.  If we were getting Terry this year, we'd know already, I think.

What was the turnaround time between announcement and release for the DS games in the US?