Sign in to follow this  
MoonRider

A word of warning...

...So remember that thing that you typed in during registration, your birthday? WELL, due to instabillity in server connection when connecting from outside Japan through a VPN, they are eventually bound to ask you for said birthday in order to continue playing the game (because IP jumping is looked down upon by mmo corp.'s).

Anyway, since I was under 18 at the time, I chose a random birthday that would avoid any hassle (oh, the irony). I then wrote all this information down; however it was misplaced, and over time, completely forgotten.

Well, last night, logging in as usual, I was supprised to find that Overplay servers 1,2,3 (which all worked before for me) no longer work for playing DQX, and only server 4 does. However, SE obviously noticing I had been jumping all over the place, promted me with a birthday confirmation to continue. There is no possible way for me to find this info anymore, and upon contacting SquareEnix and submitting various japanese forms they came to conclusion that YES I could have this info IF I could send them a copy of my japanese passport, drivers licence, or certificate of residency (of at least three months).

-.-"

In other words my account is permanatly locked, and this, for now, marks the end of my journey in DQX.

I hope people who are considering playing this game note this, and be aware how easily you can loose 100's of hours of work.

Peace.

Yikes. That's kind of a lame way for your run of the game to end, but at least you've played it, yo.

Hope you find that info. Or SE decides to be cool about the situation (ahaha, yeah).

SWEET VICTORY! :D

Turns out I ether A.) Spammed the wrong birthday until they gave me error code DQ-000-026-C (I.E. Change password, than you can play again), or B.) I finally guessed the right one and I got the above error code, changed my password, and logged on Overplay channel 4. Upon entering my passedword I picked, and am now playing my character again no problem.

In case this happens to anyone else, just follow those steps and you can completely bypass the birthday system, and get back to slaying sweet sweet metal slimes as a secret gaijin. >:]

• Upvote 3

Close call dude.  Did you write down the birthday again?

hahaha, yes, this time I've written it down in multible places (phone, and paper inside game manual).

From Overplay:

Hello,

Unfortunately they've blocked our IP addresses for those servers and we don't have any way of circumventing it.

Warren Daniel

So the only working server from them seems to be Tokyo 4.

I am investigating alternative VPNs.

There is the University of Tsukuba VPN I posted about a while back.  

www.softether.org

Great scott.  Is Square-Enix really this paranoid about foreigners accessing Dragon Quest X that they are starting to block VPNs now?

From Overplay:

Hello,

Unfortunately they've blocked our IP addresses for those servers and we don't have any way of circumventing it.

Warren Daniel

So the only working server from them seems to be Tokyo 4.

I am investigating alternative VPNs.

I really hope they dont block server 4 now; Overplay's VPN service is the easiest to manage and connect to, especially with their DDWRT router app (how I've been running it so far). I had no luck whatsoever with Connectify or mHotspot. This whole thing is giving me serious anxiety, I mean why does SQ even care? To be perfectly honest, parts of DQX (and many japanese mmo's) have some of the foulest of all communities I've ever encountered (worse than WoW); spewing racist this, and rude abuse that. Although on the flip side, DQX has also showed me some of the nicest players. Its an odd group.

I really hope they dont block server 4 now; Overplay's VPN service is the easiest to manage and connect to, especially with their DDWRT router app (how I've been running it so far). I had no luck whatsoever with Connectify or mHotspot. This whole thing is giving me serious anxiety, I mean why does SQ even care? To be perfectly honest, parts of DQX (and many japanese mmo's) have some of the foulest of all communities I've ever encountered (worse than WoW); spewing racist this, and rude abuse that. Although on the flip side, DQX has also showed me some of the nicest players. Its an odd group.

That is what is referred to as a "vocal minority". The most opinionated people tend to be the loudest which causes the majority of a community appear in a bad light. 99% of the community probably just wants to play for a couple hours and then log off without drama.

^Thats what I find outside of towns, it's where I've seen the best parts of almost any community; people who are laid back and just want to dungeon/quest. Same goes for lower channels.

I was originally more or less comparing the horrible 1% of every community, its definately not everyone.

Is there anyway to find out the birthdate I entered from SE? I thought I would've just used my regular birthday but ti doesn't seem to be the case, trying to login to the JP Account on the Computer to access the PC beta and I keep getting an error. Worried about my account!