I am considering setting up an Order of the Stick-style webcomic based on Dragon Quest IX. I am looking for a few devoted fans who would be willing to act as co-writers. The comic focuses on a party of characters as they go grott-hunting and take on a lot of side quests.  As a co-writer, you would have a permanent character/party member in the comic and help come up with ideas for the story line (though the story will be minimal due to the nature of webcomics in general). I would be doing the actual art.

If you are interested, please fill out the character application below and PM it to me. 

Name: Emma

Vocation: Paladin

Appearance: Note: Appearance does not have to fall within the guidelines of the DQIX character creator.  My character has strawberry-blonde hair and freckles.  Picture here:

emma__random_paladin_by_pokefan_girl-d64

Personality: (Short and sweet, please. This is a humorous comic, not a drama.) Emma is tough, headstong and likes to lead. She says whatever is on her mind, and does not have much appreciation for humor.

Just so you know, I'm looking for people who are committed and creative, and are online at least once a day.  Thanks for reading and look forward to a DQ comic relatively soon!

Edited by cannock_princess

I'm pretty good at drawing Manga/Anime and love Dragon Quest. But can you explain more of what I'd be doing? Like, would I draw a certain part, scan it and send it or will it be a cooperative effort. I've never drawn comics with a team. I've always done them alone. How would this exactly work?

I'd be interested, what would the writing entail?

I'm pretty good at drawing Manga/Anime and love Dragon Quest. But can you explain more of what I'd be doing? Like, would I draw a certain part, scan it and send it or will it be a cooperative effort. I've never drawn comics with a team. I've always done them alone. How would this exactly work?

I'd like to help, too, but it would help to know a bit more.  I'll think up a character in the meantime :)

Well, it's more of a strip than a full-on comic.  If you want an example, check out Order of the Stick:

http://www.giantitp.com/Comics.html

Basically, writing means you'd be coming up with a character and controlling what that character does in the comic (almost like an RP).  Since continuity in webcomics is generally minimal, you could send me ideas for strips if you felt like it.

Also: I edited the first post a bit.  I decided to restrict characters to DQIX vocations and focus the comic on DQIX rather than the entire series.  And my character is different now.

Edited by cannock_princess