Anyone have an opinion on this game yet?  I know it doesn't even come out in Japan for a month or so & then a US release this summer.

Are the battles turn-based.  I admit, I'm totally stuck on old-school turn-based combat.  Have you played any of the other games?

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Why am I only just now seeing this post? 

Anyway, I'm super-excited, have it pre-ordered, but do not have an opinion yet. I have no idea of how the events will proceed and am purposefully keeping myself ignorant of how the adventure will be. I've heard criticisms that it's more 'persona-ish' but frankly, I don't buy it. I challenge anyone who has actually played the main series to find me an example of how any of them are the same. 

Even SMT1 and SMT2 have different themes. SMT3: Nocturne is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL departure from the norm. And screw anyone who says it feels like a sidestory. SMT2 ended the 'story' of the first game utterly. Strange Journey, while having similarities to SMT1-2, is obviously an original take with a more hollywood stylized sci-fi plotline. SMT IF is the precursor of Persona - enough said. 

Overall, I'm very excited and eagerly await to see what sort of crazed and psychotic final boss awaits in this game.  :wd_coolslime:

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Wow. The game gets REALLY good after the Navarre fetch quest in the beginning of the game. Wow...

Although, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell is going on, 8 hours in. xD 

Guess I won't find out until later. But wow, does it get really good after crazy first plot twist. Talk about Utopian societies.. 

This title isn't worth the eShop price, go retail.

This title isn't worth the eShop price, go retail.

Keep your rants in your own topic. Been there, saw you say that. The only 2 of us commenting here already own it.

I wasn't ranting, I was telling you to get the retail version over eShop. :P You get a mini-guide and an OST.

I wasn't ranting, I was telling you to get the retail version over eShop. :P You get a mini-guide and an OST.

Have it. Yep!

Waiting for a month or so to play it. Gotta beat Etrian Odyssey IV, then start my new job, then have a kid. 3-4 weeks and it'll all be done & I can open the game.

Eugh, you like Etrian Odyssey?

I couldn't get into it.

Played, reviewed it, and now moving on to Earthbound.  Haven't played that bad boy in 18 years and don't remember a damn thing lol.  Can't wait for the DQ X PC beta to start back either, I miss it already ;)

Enjoy it and make it last. Because it looks like we won't be seeing anymore... :/

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/19/4537750/report-atlus-parent-company-delisting-stock-next-week

Did u read the article? Business as usual and no change to release schedule. They'll be like Twinkie, sold off and come back soon.

Eugh, you like Etrian Odyssey?

I couldn't get into it.

Not much in the way of story. It is HARD. Lots of mindless grinding (Heck, lots of mindful grinding as you can die pretty quickly). You may want to give Etrian Odyssey IV a try and put the "casual" mode on. It's caused me to be less pissed at this game than the other 3.
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished the game. Picked the Law Route since I usually go Chaos in other games. 

I actually accidentally got the "Bad ending" of the game because I didn't believe the game would actually... do what it did. All I can say is hooray for Happy Nihilism. xD

Seriously, the only way to describe the bad ending is Happy Nihilism... >_>

Anyway, I loved it overall but... Please understand that I'm saying this with total love for this game and have already considered placing it as one of my top 5 favorites.... 

THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE ABSOLUTE WORST

LUCIFER

REDESIGN, EVER, EVER, EVVVVER IN THE HISTORY OF ANYTHING. WTF WERE THEY THINKING!? GODDAMN!!

*cough*

Anyway, loved the game. Going to try expert mode some time far, far away in the future when I have the time and reality isn't interfering with fun time.  :wd_coolslime:

Oh man, I'm worried about getting some nihilistic ending. Ever since I got a Christmas gift from a parent last year (a 2' long pair of plastic scissors) with a note saying I'd get it because of my nihilistic tendencies and then I had to look up WTF that actually meant (and never got what joke she meant). Yeah, I'll try hard not to get that haha.

Glad to hear it's a great game though!

I actually plan on going Chaos once I get the chance.

Nop.

You still haven't played any AC title.

Started up SMTIV this morning. Holy crap it's difficult right from the beginning! Saved after my first demon, then played for about an hour, catching some and dying enough that I didn't have enough to come back to life and rang up too much of a bill so game over. It was all good as now I'm doing better and have only died once a couple hours later. Doing some quests early on before I get going much. Also fused my first demon & see how this is rated M...

Posted Image

Started up SMTIV this morning. Holy crap it's difficult right from the beginning! Saved after my first demon, then played for about an hour, catching some and dying enough that I didn't have enough to come back to life and rang up too much of a bill so game over. It was all good as now I'm doing better and have only died once a couple hours later. Doing some quests early on before I get going much. Also fused my first demon & see how this is rated M...

3aqa6a8y.jpg

I don't know, she seems too covered-up if ya ask me.  :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...

I'm on my second play-through. First was chaos now trying for lawful. The game takes patience but once you fuse the right combo of Demons you are practically unstoppable. I really like all the SMT games, but not as much as DQ :)