Sign in to follow this  
MoonRider

Metal Slime Equipment

Just posting this topic as a question to all my fellow foriegn DQX players;

Has anyone else got the metal slime sword and shield yet? I just picked them up from the auction house, however they are at a lower quality rating, so I guess my second question if you answer 'yes' to the first, would be do you know where to get them naturally? As far as I can tell they must be crafted from special drop items, but beyond that I have no clue about them.

I've also read something about instanced grotto type dungeons recently put into the game, so maybe they are from that.

They are crafted items. In fact, all weapons and armor are crafted.

Quest for instance dungeon can be received from Rendoa.

No, I am too cheap to get any of the Metal Slime equipment. All the higher level equipment is only available through crafting. (Other than accessories which can't be traded with others and are mostly monster drops). The recipes for Metal Slime equipment can be obtained in exchange for mini medals (or bought from the bazaar from someone selling one they exchanged coins for). The items used to make a Metal Slime Sword is 30 Hikari no Ishi (They can be picked up off the ground), 5 Dragon Horn (Rare Monster Drop), 60 Crystalized Sweat and Tears (Comes from heavily used equipment), 5 Metal Shards (Rare drop from Metal Slimes), 24 Fairy Coals (Purchasable for 1000G only).

Instance Dungeons only might give you equipment if you use a "boss coin" which can be won from the lottery. Depending on the coin/boss defeating them might give you an accessory (Atlas gives a Battle Choker, Bazuzu gives a Sorcery Ring).

Metal Slime equipment sounds like it would take a tremendous time to farm for. Must have some really ridiculous defense over the second best thing huh?

The metal slime equipments are only the sword, the 2h sword, the spear, and the small shield.

Since Paladins can wield kite shields, the shields are really not that good for them. The spear is only a slight upgrade that's not worth it, even if Paladins wanted to use the spear.

The battlemasters has some use for the slight upgrade in damage... but only if they have money to throw at it.

For the newer players, definitely won't recommend. Won't be needing that few points of damage for the money.

The metal slime equipments are only the sword, the 2h sword, the spear, and the small shield.

Since Paladins can wield kite shields, the shields are really not that good for them. The spear is only a slight upgrade that's not worth it, even if Paladins wanted to use the spear.

The battlemasters has some use for the slight upgrade in damage... but only if they have money to throw at it.

For the newer players, definitely won't recommend. Won't be needing that few points of damage for the money.

So no Armor yet? Wonder why they neglected to add that.

Sorry, it was just slime tower equipment colored gray.

You got any pictures of a decked out Paladin user? Or a picture of what one would normally wear at max level?

Can anyone give me some info on the coloring system, and dress up system? I want to change the arm and leg fabric part of the platinum armor to red (so I can match the sword of flame)! :D

Edited by MoonRider

The dress up system allows you to have a leather shield that looks like a metal slime shield. You need to do a quest before you can use it.

What you want to change the color of the armor is the coloring system only. It doesn't require a quest to start, but they are both in a store (whose icon is a dress) in Megitorisu. The coloring store is the lady farther from the door, with the red hat.

For a piece of equipment, such as a top you have two colors. Main and Sub. To change the color of one or the other you will need 10 flowers of that color, and some money. For red you will probably need Red Roses, which you can get from the bazaar (or grow in your garden).