Look what I found at the book fair at my library! (WARNING: Pictur

WARNING: Picture-heavy.

A 16mm film print of Walt Disney's "Peter and the Wolf," complete with notes of what it is and the showings it had at the Hennepin County library in Champlin (latest showing was on 6/3/1986). Apparently, that particular film print was owned by a person called Ruth Stephens (who used to work there).

Here's pics for proof:

gallery_8172_42_4114.jpg

gallery_8172_42_9270.jpg

gallery_8172_42_5443.jpg

gallery_8172_42_27595.jpg

gallery_8172_42_35510.jpg

gallery_8172_42_8009.jpg

gallery_8172_42_31147.jpg

gallery_8172_42_22393.jpg

gallery_8172_42_36261.jpg

gallery_8172_42_25325.jpg

gallery_8172_42_16515.jpg

gallery_8172_42_38738.jpg

gallery_8172_42_8298.jpg

Honestly, the only reason why I obtained it was because of the cashiers saying something along the lines of "If you want it, you can have it" and the fact that it was only one dollar. I know you might all be jealous of me having a film reel, but I just had to post this topic somehow.

Feel free to comment.

Edited by Shin Getter-1

I wasn't going to comment, as I didn't think it appropriate, but then I saw your invitation to do just that and said, "what the hell!"

Kidding aside, neat find. Are such things rare? Just wondering just how lucky you did get. I live right near Disney World and find that pretty cool.

I wasn't going to comment, as I didn't think it appropriate, but then I saw your invitation to do just that and said, "what the hell!"

Kidding aside, neat find. Are such things rare? Just wondering just how lucky you did get. I live right near Disney World and find that pretty cool.

Film reels and/or master tapes are usually in privately-owned collections, so I guess they're very rare on their own.

I just happened to find it out of curiosity in the "Make an offer!" section, so I must've been very lucky that I got some sort of screener copy for libraries. As of this writing, the reel is safe in my closet.

Deciding whether to collect film reels for a living or just stick to videocassettes.

EDIT/ADDITION: Also got some Miami Vice videocassettes for a dollar each at the book fair (so I bought six VHS's for 6 dollars).

EDIT 2: Added a few more specifics.

Edited by Shin Getter-1