Sign in to follow this  
Megalosaro

Japan's University of Tsukuba is offering a free VPN service

http://download.vpngate.jp/common/cd.aspx/vpngate-client-2013.04.18-build-9069.126502.zip

Installation instructions:
http://www.vpngate.net/en/howto_softether.aspx

Should be pretty useful for those of us who want to play this overseas.  I'm pretty sure this will get around the foreign IP block, right?

Wow, that's great! At the rate this news drought is going, we might need it!

Could anyone repost those links if it is not too much trouble? With Overplay costs the way they are, this could make a huge difference in the ability

to play for some people! :)

The servers offered by this are pretty hit and miss but I did manage to play almost lag free last night with one of them.

Just keep in mind that you definitely do not want to have an unstable connection in DQX. It can cause your commands to show up early/late in battles and when you select them you'll be frozen in place unable to act until your connection catches up or you disconnect completely. During that time you are still connected as far as the server is concern and enemies can still move, attack, and even kill you.

I set up this program and connected to a server, but the region block error message still shows.  Could somebody help me?

I set up this program and connected to a server, but the region block error message still shows.  Could somebody help me?

Be sure to connect to the VPN before you start the game client, after that it should work fine.