Sign in to follow this  
KagE

Wii U poor sales AGAIN >.>

Regardless of it being on the Wii U, it got utterly crushed by the DQ7 remake in sales. Nobody really asked for or wanted an mmo Dragon Quest, so hardly anyone bought it.

I thought it was because everyone already owned it for the Wii?

Actually, I hate to say it but I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U was Nintendo's last home console and they focused exclusively on the handheld market. Even if you focus on one of the two models, the 3DS continues to sell more units than the competition in Japan.

Edited by BlacksitePSU

I think DQ X was just fine, and it would have been better off being alot like 9. Have it on the 3ds, leave the story and most of the gameplay in tact, and have multiplayer as an option like 9, would have been yet another mega seller.

Actually, I hate to say it but I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U was Nintendo's last home console and they focused exclusively on the handheld market. Even if you focus on one of the two models, the 3DS continues to sell more units than the competition in Japan.

They'll have at least one more home console. Nintendo just built a new building to house both console and handheld development. The two will be integrated, meaning they will share graphic and development assets. You would also likely be able to use the handheld as a controller for the console.

Yeah, it seems that a handheld with tv-out is the way to go for the next console. All the portability, with the comfort of a big-screen when you're at home.

• Upvote 1

They'll have at least one more home console. Nintendo just built a new building to house both console and handheld development. The two will be integrated, meaning they will share graphic and development assets. You would also likely be able to use the handheld as a controller for the console.

This was back in February. I remember now.

And yeah, it makes me think we'll see the 3DS integrate more with the Wii U.

Edited by Blacksite

Yeah, it seems that a handheld with tv-out is the way to go for the next console. All the portability, with the comfort of a big-screen when you're at home.

That would actually make a lot of sense. The gamepad for wii u seems like it is heading in that direction, and could be why they are building that new building to develop for both console and handheld. They may be planning to merge them at some point.

• Upvote 1