Sign in to follow this  
KagE

Wii U poor sales AGAIN >.>

I am, really getting pissed off now. Seriously...

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/dq/up/2013/4/16

Edited by KagE

The WiiU needs more games (even if they are average games) and needs to be advertised more.

Simple as that.

Also, give it time. Just look at the 3DS and it's shaky first year

The WiiU needs more games (even if they are average games) and needs to be advertised more.

Simple as that.

Honestly, I didn't know it was actually out until maybe a month or two ago. Seriously, bad advertising.

• Upvote 1

Simple as that.

Honestly, I didn't know it was actually out until maybe a month or two ago. Seriously, bad advertising.

Is that sarcasm?

I'm the only one of my friends that even knew it was out. >_>

wasn't the same goes with wii in it's time?

too bad wii U seem had a generation breaking potential tho...

The Wii was so popular that they couldn't keep it on shelves. It was over a year before you could just walk into a store and buy one.

The problem is that Nintendon't is -still- shitting on us.

WE SHOULD HAVE EARTHBOUND. >:(

When? You have definitive proof?

Simple as that.

Is that sarcasm?

I'm the only one of my friends that even knew it was out. >_>

Nope. Dead serious. I was out of the loop, I know!

You guys think we will see DQ 11 on the ps4 or some $#!&? Or hell i won't be surprised to see it on the 3ds. Or whataever is to come after the 3ds. :whoa:

We hopefully will have the 3DS a good bit longer.

• Upvote 1

The Wii version works on the WiiU. The WiiU port was doomed at the start.

Of course, the only reason to make a WiiU port is to release it in the West, so...

The Wii version works on the WiiU. The WiiU port was doomed at the start.

Of course, the only reason to make a WiiU port is to release it in the West, so...

Kinda makes sense. I guess we'll have to see then.

We will get DQX in some form, likely now it will be the Wii U version, or an eventual PC port.

I'd like an official DQ game released on the PC.

[   :evillaugh: ]MODS!!![/ :evillaugh: ]

Are Wii U virtual console titles not also released on Wii? I assumed they were the same releases. (Haven't played EarthBound, but my friend keeps saying I should.)

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

You guys think we will see DQ 11 on the ps4 or some $#!&? Or hell i won't be surprised to see it on the 3ds. Or whataever is to come after the 3ds. :whoa:

Dragon Quest always seems to appear on whichever system is the most popular. Like NES and SNES, but then it moved to Sony when PS1 and PS2 were dominating. I think it left them because the PS3 sales started off slow, and was too expensive at first so they released DQ9 on the DS, and then concentrated on the Wii and Wii U. I would rather have a main series game on a main console, rather than handheld though.

My guess is that DQ11 might be on the PS4 if the Wii U sales stay this bad. I know it is early, so it could turn around. They have no new titles out, so no wonder it is not selling.

Some people say that Nintendo will stop making consoles after this, but I doubt that. The GameCube finished 3rd behind PS2 and Xbox, and I actually liked that system a lot.

Cmon SE, gimme my Wii-U DQ incase the mmo im waiting on fails, though ill still spend bout 40 or so hours a week on DQX while playing that mmo by doing crafting and such in it everytime my clan clears all current content >.>

You guys do realize that SE are clearly focused more on the Japanese Market. Portable gaming is all the rage in Japan. You'll spot atleast a few people a day with DS's in hand at the subway. Thats the main reason why DQ 9  was on the ds. and why dq7 is now on the 3ds, with street pass features. So as i said. I dont expect the next main game to be on a home console.

Sure it could happen, but i just expect it to be on a portable console. The only reason why DQ X is on the wii and wii U is, well its an MMO. It would be perfectly logical to build a mmo for either a console or PC.

Are Wii U virtual console titles not also released on Wii? I assumed they were the same releases. (Haven't played EarthBound, but my friend keeps saying I should.)

WiiU doesn't even have a virtual console yet :/

And Nintendo hasn't released one of their own titles for VC since... 2010? Aside from a few Neo Geo titles, it's been pretty dead for some time.

DQ11 has gotta be a 3DS game at this point. 12 could be on PS4 if it takes off, but given the state of the home console market over there, I doubt we'll see another mainline DQ on a home console anytime soon.

• Upvote 1

You guys do realize that SE are clearly focused more on the Japanese Market. Portable gaming is all the rage in Japan. You'll spot atleast a few people a day with DS's in hand at the subway. Thats the main reason why DQ 9  was on the ds. and why dq7 is now on the 3ds, with street pass features. So as i said. I dont expect the next main game to be on a home console.

Sure it could happen, but i just expect it to be on a portable console. The only reason why DQ X is on the wii and wii U is, well its an MMO. It would be perfectly logical to build a mmo for either a console or PC.

I didn't know that. Now I understand why so many DQ games appear on handhelds.

I'm fearful that everyone keeps bringing up DQ11 in this topic because its like we're all giving up on 10 coming here.  I can't stand being left out of a DQ primary game.  I'm going to pray for a re-release on a different system of 10, if the WiiU doesn't work, just in the same way that the USA eventually got DQ5-6.