Sign in to follow this  
KagE

Lookie what i found~

Im not sure yet, maybe this was a tech demo/ beta for DQ X but $#!& the first minute looked amazing!

After rough;y translating the tittle "When developing the video 10 " I'll assume it actually is Tech Demo/Beta footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c65bW_vAj-o

Edited by KagE

What on earth is this though, looks like DQX but with superior graphics, speed and animation, what were they Tech Demoing for, the Wii-U?

This is a concept movie during beginning parts of development.

And some beta movies during latter parts of the youtube video.

Edited by kensou

According to Mimas, players have been making their own character costumes. Pretty neat!

This is a concept movie during beginning parts of development.

And some beta movies during latter parts of the youtube video.

Thats what i thought. Maybe if it did not end up being an MMO the engine may have been alot like that concept movie.

The Album version of the symponic ~ Give A Roar~ has more....OMPH to it.

Sure looked like it to me

Yep it was him, im sure it was just for the early stages of development. Looks like they messed around with alot of Level 5's DQ8 Engine.

This was from the Dragon Quest X Spring Festival Event which was also broadcasted over Niconico (but of course they dumped me for premium members :( ).

The first video is a concept only movie (which is why it can look so good), while the second one is real time footage from an early development version of the game. The first video shows some of the ideas they decided not to implement such as weapons breaking, flying, and turning into coffins when you die. The flying system, which made it into the second video, was abandoned so that it would not interfere with the pushing/weight system. Though it could get implemented in the future. The second video also shows having larger party sizes.

Arigato Mimas-chan :3 :overjoyed2:

The flying is a very interesting concept, seems to give a little bit of invulnerability for casters, one can see how it would be difficult to balance... Thanks for the clarification Mimas.