Sign in to follow this  
ZeKaine

Good grotto party?

I'm starting to go to grottos and I noticed that I am having kinda a hard time because I don't have a good buffer/debuffer. This is my team right now:

Warrior- Sword

Gladiator-Axe

Paladin-spear

Luminary-FAn

Can anyone suggest a good grotto party, I like using warrior for my hero because it has some gladiator and some paladin stats.

To be honest, I recommend Gladiator over Warrior any day. Paladins are nice for buffing, but what you actually need is a Priest or a Sage for healing. 

Sage/Priest/Gladiator/Gladiator is my current team.

Thanks, follow up question, I am planning to restart, when should I vocate to my end-game party( what part of the main quest should I change my party to what I want to keep them as

i don't have enough experience about good parties, but my current party is paladin, gladiator, sage and hunter. I'm testing the classes, I do not know all of them yet.

Edited by Rangel

As early as possible to get their levels up before the final boss, but you'll want to get them up several levels (maybe 20-30?) for skill points.

I Use a Gladiator, Sage, Priest and Paladin, the gladiator with the full shield skill (the only way to equip a shield with that class), all them but the sage with "critical" attacks like hatchet man to kill metal monsters.

OK, jumping back in the DQIX game to do some quests and grottos.  

My party now is Gladiator, Sage, Mage and Paladin.  I haven't had great need for extra healing, but might I need to change that Mage for something else?  I feel that I use her for Oomph only.

Having a Sage is good for Multiheal, but against the hardest grotto boss, and maybe in some of the higher level grottos you may want to swap him or her for a Priest, for both Multiheal and Omniheal.  The Priest is the only class to learn Omniheal, so in high level grottos and against higher level legacy bosses, a Priest will prove more valuable than a Sage.

Rather than the Mage, you could consider the Minstrel's Manuel, which casts Gritty Ditty for half-an-Oomph, but on your entire party.  Give it to (maybe) the Paladin, and swap your Mage for a second Gladiator.  I say maybe, because if the Paladin triggers a Coup de Gras, then it may be better to use him or her as a Knight Watch/Forbearance combo (trigger the Knight Watch one round and Forbearance the subsequent rounds to protect your entire party from damage for about 3-4 rounds.)  If the coup happened when your Paladin had the Minstrel's manual, then you wouldn't be able to Gritty Ditty those rounds if you needed to.  Sometimes it's a toss up for who to give it to.

In multiplayer, with 4 people who have all the scrolls we can just decide on the spot.

I like the idea of having a 2nd Gladiator.  Yeah, got the Minstrel's Manuel now so Oomph is kinda pointless.

Thanks for replying, Liam.  See you in 2 weeks!

Yeah.  Looking forward to it.  See you in 2 weeks.

I've had a LOT of success with my current party, though I'm not sure if it's straight up strategy or just me being ridiculously overlevelled.

right now my party is:

Lv. 99 +3 Minstrel

Lv. 99 +1 Gladiator

Lv. 94 +1 Paladin

Lv. 66 +1 Sage

I usually try to keep at least one heavy-hitter and a healer on the team, and the paladin is a good backup if everyone dies. I would recommend switching the minstrel for a luminary though, since they're pretty much just stronger minstrels (I kept mine bc I took too long to unlock the luminary)

And now, what i am using:

Lv. 63 +4 Gladiator

Lv. 63 +4 Gladiator

Lv. 63 +4 Gladiator

Lv. 63 +4 Gladiator

I have the 'Armamentalist's Album' and 'The Minstrel's Manual' which skills i use in the first round. With the two other party members i can attack (with falcon slash) or use the Brain Drainer, etc.

The rounds after that i just attack, dealing on average 5.5k damage per round -> defeat every boss in 3 or less rounds

Maybe it will get harder if i would try that on Norcurtus, etc. but atm it is working ;)

Edited by JaTheWinner