Sign in to follow this  
Megalosaro

Dragon Quest X appears on French and German Amazon

To quote the esteemed brothers D-Roc and Kaine...

AWWWSKEETSKEETGAHDAMN!

(AHGAHDAMN!)

• Upvote 1

PRAISE THE GODDESS. LET HER SHOW US, AS WAYWARD SHEEP THE WAY.

AHHHHHHH

Sorry to spoil the party, but the German one says "JP Import", which casts suspicion on the French one as well.

I don't know, I just can't see Square Enix putting the Japanese trailer in their resources for French Amazon to use to sell their product.

Well considering it hasn't even been officially announced yet, I can still see it being feasible.

That first link also shows a listing for Kid Icarus Uprising WiiU???

Edited by Excitemike

Sorry to spoil the party, but the German one says "JP Import", which casts suspicion on the French one as well.

Isn't it odd that both PEGI and USK has ratings for it though?  Those kinds of agencies don't typically evaluate import copies, do they?

Someone also pointed out that Black OPs 2 was put on the site before it was announced, and I realized that Donkey Kong Country Returns appeared on it sometime last year as well, on 3DS. (I think) These French people know their stuff!

The German listing is a fluke, the French one looks legit.

The Kid Icarus thing makes sense on so many levels.

The German one isn't a fluke, as it has a German rating, which not many import games have!

But sometimes they do. It's clearly marked as an import Wii version with a picture of the Japanese box.

I'm not sure if it had a rating prior to today, though. Irregardless, IT'S HAPPENING.

Edited by Proshall

I hope this is a clue that an English version is on the way.  I can only play the JP version in offline mode.  I'd really like a chance to play in English and to be able to see what online is like.

So uh, was this anything, or just them being silly with import titles?

It is what it is as of right now.  We don't know what it means, other than the fact that they're listing it.

So Deus Ex was announced. I wonder if this greenlights Dragon Quest X for Friday at PAX.

If it's announced this month, I have a feeling it will be at GDC not PAX

Well it's a toss up either way, they could just have a Nintendo Direct for it. But considering how much the fan base needs a boost, PAX would be be a good choice to get some grass roots momentum. 

Well apparently some German journalist's seen the announcement already, and it is Deus Ex. Guess we gotta keep waitin'.

So if I'm understanding the "we're talking about this but not saying it outright cause someone would get fired" doublespeek going on at NeoGAF, one of the people who works on Dragon Quest localizations basically just confirmed the DQX Amazon.fr thing as being legit.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526473

Specifically, Aeana, the one with a DQ slime avatar, appears to be someone from Plus Alpha (?) if I'm remembering the rumor right, and her comments are being taken as a "it's coming" by the rest of the board who are familiar with her.

Edited by KiTA