Contest97_Image.png

Congratulations to redneckpride4ever, PantheonSasuke, and Gooptek for winning Contest #97 - Design a DQ-Themed Contest.

For their unbridled awesomeness, they have earned themselves some extra-awesome badges that will be designed by Woodus.  Their submissions were:

First Place: Design an original DQ themed culinary delight (redneckpride4ever)
First Place (tied!): Design a new Dragon Quest Job / Class / Vocation (PantheonSasuke)
Third Place: Create a crossover fan art between Dragon Quest and another popular video game series (Gooptek)

In addition to being awesome and getting new badges, these guys will have their contest ideas added to the contest queue.  Stay tuned for these and more amazing contests in the weeks to come, only at the Dragon's Den!

For those curious about the full set of submissions and their creators, here they are:

Dragon Quest Abridged - defno
Create a dragon quest board game that can be downloaded and printed to play - Saigan
Create a crossover fan art between Dragon Quest and another popular video game series - Gooptek
Create a fanmade card from a popular game (Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc.) with a DQ-theme - Gooptek
Design a DQ-themed skin for any game that allows them - Gooptek
Design an original DQ themed culinary delight - redneckpride4ever
Create a poem about the monsters of Dragon Quest - Shin Getter-1
Design a Job / Class / Vocation - PantheonSasuke

Create a doodle, drawing, or fan-art that demands support (more DQ) for the Dragon Quest series - Flute_Warrior

Edit by Woodus:
And since it was a contest about contests why not have trophies for the badges :)

097_1.png097_3.png

Edited by King Zenith

Well, would you look at that. I didn't win. Then again, I'm not really that good at contests, anyway. Or any good at them, for that matter.

(No, don't you dare give me a lecture.)

Edited by Shin Getter-1

I can't wait to see those contests come up!  I've already got ideas :3

• Upvote 1

I was really hoping for the parody song and the board game ones. I don't find any of these contests of particular interest. :-/ (Apparently the majority didn't find the ones I liked to be of interest, but... poo on those people!)

I can't believe my spur of the moment idea was actually worthy of anything. Thanks everyone! When I saw the other ideas, I didn't think I stood a chance. Everyone showed a lot of creativity here! Me, I just came up with an idea because I am a glutton.

I guess there are a few more gluttons in the Den (myself included). While I am not versed in the culinary arts at all (just eating, but I cannot cook to save my life), I think I could help someone come up with the visuals for their idea, if I find it edible enough.

GA, I had some interest on the board game, but I am not good coming up with new game mechanics (nor do I know many board games as to come up with a semi-original mix up of existing ones). And while I would love to create whatever graphics are needed for a game, I also need some sleep, LOL. Voting for the game option would be like shooting my own chances to get some decent sleep time for weeks.

The card design was a "no" for me because I do not like Magic or similar games, so I could not come with an interesting enough text and abilities for the card.

The one I voted for that did not win (the fan art for support) was just selecting a comfortable option. Something that would not require a lot of effort (time or thought) so it would be easy to participate in it.

I guess the winners are okay choices. Though I am still waiting for analbum cover contest...

In a way I wish the board game had gotten it. DQ Risk would be awesome!

I'm thinking more along the lines of Dragon Questopoly. 

As a special reminder, ALL the contests will be put into the queue.

This is true, however, March-May is when I am least busy. The contests that I want to participate in may not come up until I'm busy again. :-/ Edited by GrandAlchemist

This is true, however, March-May is when I am least busy. The contests that I want to participate in may not come up until I'm busy again. :-/

Don't worry. I won't be doing them in order of popularity. 

The one I voted for that did not win (the fan art for support) was just selecting a comfortable option. Something that would not require a lot of effort (time or thought) so it would be easy to participate in it.

Which by the way isn't listed in the original post. Who could've come up with that idea I wonder  :shifty:

And of course, congrats to the winners! Can't wait to see the awesome submissions these contests will bring about.

Edited by Flute_Warrior

Which by the way isn't listed in the original post. Who could've come up with that idea I wonder  :shifty:

And of course, congrats to the winners! Can't wait to see the awesome submissions these contests will bring about.

Oops, sorry about that! Got it fixed now.

Peoples, just letting you know that I won't be hosting a contest until about 2 weeks from now. I just need a break to rest up a bit.

You could start it up and not upload any of the entries you receive until later.

I suppose I could try and get the contest up today.