Sign in to follow this  
JessicaAlbert13

DQ-HQ New Domain Name

Yo, tis JessicaAlbert13 back on the Den to tell you dwellers that DQ-HQ has a new address! No longer is DQ-HQ's address that weird annoying superywebtv/websblahblah. Now the site has a proper name! It's no longer a bastard child, it finally has a name it can be proud of!

The new address is www.dragonquesthq.com

Dragon Quest HQ. So simple and easy to remember, eh? Much easier to read off than the old address. I can't begin to tell you how much shame that old address use to bring me. I'd walk into Gamestops and guys would ask, "Oh, Emma, I hear you run a fan site. What's the address?" and I couldn't even copy it down because the address was so construed!

Now the old address still works for some wonky reason, but stop using it. From now on use the new domain name. If you have the old one saved to favorites, delete it and add the new, improved domain.

Hopefully the site will see more activity, and it will have more storage space for videos and photos. Yup, this could be the new dawn of DQ-HQ!

Of course, this could all backfire and completely blow up in my face and leave the website into tiny charred bits, but heck, I've pulled the site out of worse. As long as people use the new domain name everything should be fine. At least I humbly beg it to be so.

And what about the Den?

And what about the Den?

woodus.com/den ...hey, you're already here and u didn't know that?

Sorry, I just don't see anyone else advertising their rival sites here.

Maybe a web ring should be formed. It seems like the internet has lost its personal touch in the last 10 years.

Web Ring, huh?  Haven't really heard of those in a while.  Seems like one of those concepts that just sort of died off

Web Ring, huh?  Haven't really heard of those in a while.  Seems like one of those concepts that just sort of died off

I know it's sad.

It's just kind of... well, the best way I can compare it with is this.

I play Ragnarok Online. I play on private servers. It's like going on a private server and advertising another one. It's a no-no.

Now, if there was a way to link the two sites together, it'd be a lot better for me sure, but as far as I can see it, JessicaAlbert13's just advertising her site here free of charge.

• Upvote 3

I agree with Ryu. Simply putting the link in your signature works, but I feel like the site is being shoved down our throats. Also this topic is more at home in the misc. section.

Edited by Spikan

While I'm happy for JessicaAlbert13 getting her site going, it still makes no sense advertising it here. 

JessicaAlbert13 "forgets" a website most of us here go to daily, and then has the nerve to say "Come to my website instead of the Den!" - It grinds me the wrong way. I can understand making a post to say, advertise a DQ-based tumblr or twitter (( Which she has )), but a full website?

Sure, Dwaine advertises DQShrine, but he also works with DQTranslations, and provides and finds all kinds of crap fot the Den. And DQShrine doesn't have competing forums, it's just an info site.

• Upvote 1

Dwaine owns DQ Shrine! I never knew that! Still, the site is growing so I understand the advertisement. However I agree, that this should be put inn the misc. section. Get it.... inn? Oh God, my dry humor is kickin' in again.

oh_my_god__who_the_hell_cares__by_nzabob

^This.

I mean geez. I was originally planning to post a link to *my* new forum I created to get some new members but now I feel like I'd get flamed if I did so. : (

• Upvote 1

An apathetic attitude to this is the worst thing. JessicaAlbert13 should've PMed Woodus, who would've made a topic himself asking people to check out her site.

And Tesla, you're a lot different, you're here all the time and you wouldn't "forget" to come here even if you started up a forum for your LPs and such.

The occasional plug is fine. Just don't be a pest about it.

And DQShrine doesn't have competing forums

Yet.

iIhGzLt7ikIpo.gif

Get it.... inn? Oh God, my dry humor is kickin' in again.

bxI0U.gif

I get the feeling, Dwaine, when DQShrine got forums, Woodus would do a plug for them himself.

The circle of life.

Is it still "dry" "humor" if you go out of your way to poit out at it?

Is it still "dry" "humor" if you go out of your way to poit out at it?

Well, I'm trying to remind myself to not do it as often as I do. It gets really bad at times.