Sign in to follow this  
enix

HEAVY WEAPON: My 80's Action Movie Graphic Novel is AVAILABLE NOW

I didn't even bother with embedded fonts.  I flattened it all into a single image and saved as a Photoshop PDF.  Using embedded fonts or paths makes the files way bigger...to the point that I wouldn't be able to even start uploading them to PoD services.  It may be an option with traditional printers, but not in PoD.

As for the ink difference, I'm the only one who has seen my book in both CS and Lulu, and everyone who has received their CS printed books have commented how excellent they look.  So, really, it doesn't look unprofessional or bad; just in comparison to how vastly nicer the Lulu ones look.

Received my first set of hardcover proofs.  Note that technically the proofs are paperback, but that's simply because I can't order proofs of them once they're converted to hardcover.  I have to order actual copies and lose the ability to edit them, but these softcover proofs very representative of the final product.

Here are some pics of the M.E. samples in comparison to the paperback (the standard hardcover sample will be here Thursday):

OXLGEMb.jpg
xKy5i8G.jpg
106dt8K.jpg

I do need to make a few minor adjustments to the interior so everything comes out perfect, and the cover was slightly darker than I expected, but neither of those should be any reason for further delays...so expect the hardcovers to be confirmed (and probably available for sale) by the weekend. 
...And then I start back on the manufacturing and sales of the M.E. finally.

The covers look absolutely wonderful!

The new paperback (above) should be available by the end of the week, and the hardcover is ready for order!

It's a tough choice between the two. I really love the new cover!

Thanks!

If you don't mind leaving a short honest review (good or bad) on Amazon once you're done, I'd appreciate it.

Congrats dude!

Sexellent! Congrats on the good review, and on a high profile site at that. So glad things are working out for ya!

Should be $59.95 shipped Priority.  (Approx. $47.95 + shipping cost)

To put that into perspective for you, each M.E. costs me ~$46 to manufacture.

Edited by ENIX

The whole thing has been, yeah.  I never really went into it expecting to make huge profit.  Probably not the best business sense and all, but I also didn't expect it to take as long as it did and cost as much as it ended up costing me to finish it either.

Back when I started it, I thought it would take 3 years less, and cost about 1/4 as much :P  I almost quit a few times, but I kept coming back.  It would be great to see it make money back and ultimately succeed because I do have more stories to tell, but I'm mostly happy it turned out well and is getting positive reviews.

Anything sold directly by me.  So, at the moment, the direct sold digital copies make the most because there's $0 in production costs involved.  Then the hardcover.

I was going to sell signed copies of the paperbacks sometime soon, so those would net me about the same as the hardcovers do.  It's still only like ~$3 on each sale across the board on direct sales.

If it gives you a better idea on things, I would have to sell 5000 copies just to come close to making my money back on the book :P

Edited by ENIX

A Kickstarter for the Munition Edition is now up:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/strikecommando/heavy-weapon-munition-edition

I did my best to try to complete the Munition Edition myself, but I'm dead broke now as far as being able to continue funding this final version of Heavy Weapon.  Please feel free to spread the word, and if you do want something other than a basic ME, then don't let me stop you from pledging to one of those higher/lower levels.  I tried to put a little something in for everyone...

If the Kickstarter fails, the M.E. isn't dead, but it may be on a long delay...so here's to hoping the Kickstarter does well enough to finally get the M.E. off the ground and into reality!

By the way, in case you're worried about pledging and you're not in the US, an update has been posted that hopefully clears up any confusion.  I do support international shipping, but backers outside the US will need to pay shipping.

Edited by ENIX