Sign in to follow this  
Descender Sivs

Dragon Quest IV: Solo's Journal

(This story - based on Dragon Quest IV - is supposed to be a journal that the main character Solo takes while on his journey.)

Month 1, Day 22, Year 502

My name is Solo. I am 18 years old, and I live in a small, nameless village. My friend Eliza convinced me that keeping a journal would be a good idea, so here I go...

The village I live in is secluded from the rest of the world. For some reason, we don't let anyone in who doesn't live here. Once, when I was a child, I asked my mother why. She told me that outsiders could be dangerous. She wouldn't say anything besides that, so I gave up on the subject.

Speaking of my mother, I wonder why I don't look like her or Father. They have black-gray hair and brown eyes, but my hair is green and my eyes are blue... I don't understand how that is possible.

I hear my sword instructor yelling at me to get out of the house and go to practice, so I will write again later.

Month 1, Day 23, Year 502

Yesterday's practice was harder than ever... I feel sore all over. I had to keep practicing from morning until sunset, and in the end, I found myself flat on my back. My sword instructor told me to keep my guard up next time so that I could be a real hero someday. I don't understand why everyone keeps saying that I'll be a hero someday. They won't tell me when I ask them. I wish people would not hide so many things from me.

On the bright side, Eliza finally mastered the Morph spell that she had been working on for months. She came up to me disguised as a frog and told me that she was a cursed princess, but then said she had to go and went into the basement where I practice my swordsmanship in. I followed, and saw her (as herself), and she told me that  the reason she left was that she didn't know what to say next!

I think Eliza is funny, but she's also very pretty. I wonder what she thinks of me.

Oh, one more thing - Mother made my favorite dinner tonight - vegetable soup! Father started talking about the fact that I am grown up now, and that I might have to leave the village someday. Mother got upset with him and told him that I'd stay in the village forever. I wish I knew why Mother got so upset.

I Love this, keep it up. im a sucker for fan fics, just never got around to writing my own. :(