Sign in to follow this  
KiTA

SAGE! (And Gladiator...)

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/13/dragon-quests-most-powerful-classes-coming-to-dragon-quest-x-this-month/

Square Enix has a big update planned for Dragon Quest X scheduled for the end of February. Jump reports Dragon Quest X version 1.3 adds Sage and Gladiator, two of top tier classes, to the online RPG.

Gladiator has two-handed sword, one-handed sword, hammer, bare fist, and Sword Scar skills. This class can also equip a weapon in each hand which makes Gladiator one of the best attacking classes in the game. Sages have two-handed staff, bow, boomerang, shield, and Enlightenment skills.

I imagine that Gladiator will fulfill the endgame DPS Role that I heard was somewhat lacking. I think Sage will really shape up the PC-as-NPC party system, although they'll probably still be outclassed in healing by Priests.

Still: Paladin, Gladiator, Sage, and a Sage or Gladiator. Great party, or Greatest party?

Edited by KiTA

Looks like that guys data mining is correct saigan, Gladiators can Dual Wield. sweet.

Honestly as for party though, that depends on what your doing I guess, Mimas would probably be able to say more, but if Sage has no multi-healing ability, definitely always want a priest at least.

Edited by Alexandrious

Looks like that guys data mining is correct saigan, Gladiators can Dual Wield. sweet.

Honestly as for party though, that depends on what your doing I guess, Mimas would probably be able to say more, but if Sage has no multi-healing ability, definitely always want a priest at least.

I would want both a Priest and a Sage myself, having two characters capable of Zao spells (Zing) is pretty key for some of the nasty bosses. I'll definitely do a Gladiator video, I need to farm the Gladiator trait for some boss stats to improve warrior.

Edit: Curious if dual wielding Falcon Swords will net you 4 hits....

Edited by Saigan

I would want both a Priest and a Sage myself, having two characters capable of Zao spells (Zing) is pretty key for some of the nasty bosses. I'll definitely do a Gladiator video, I need to farm the Gladiator trait for some boss stats to improve warrior.

Yea I was wondering that too. But would it be worth it? The Falcon Slash sword ability doesnt assist with it right? Thats why ya avoided getting the sword?

Jump Scan in question (some one might want to host this).

Mimas would probably be able to say more, but if Sage has no multi-healing ability, definitely always want a priest at least.

The data mining suggested that Sages have multi-heal. No official word has come out since the information comes from a leaked issue of Shounen Jump. There will probably be more word at the Nintendo Direct I guess.

Maybe, but it probably still would not be better than just using the Falcon Slash skill.

Jump Scan in question (some one might want to host this).

Mimas would probably be able to say more, but if Sage has no multi-healing ability, definitely always want a priest at least.

The data mining suggested that Sages have multi-heal. No official word has come out since the information comes from a leaked issue of Shounen Jump. There will probably be more word at the Nintendo Direct I guess.

Maybe, but it probably still would not be better than just using the Falcon Slash skill.

Sent ya more questions btw mimas.

Couldn't you dual wield two Falcon Swords AND use the Falcon Slash skill?

Couldn't you dual wield two Falcon Swords AND use the Falcon Slash skill?

Sadly Falcon Slash doesn't stack with Falcon Sword in DQX.

Been following Saigan's LP, and it's pretty hard to resist the urge to buy a Wii and get this game working. Sadly, no money to do that right now (and no japanese skills too).

By the way, re-hosted the scan just in case: http://i.imgur.com/5BwYlqR.jpg

Edited by Dantares

Dual wielding still sounds pretty $#!&ing awesome to me, but stacking Falcon slash with Falcon Swords would be SUPER lkengvdjbf,vcbgfe BROKEN :(