There has been a tremendous wave of great fan game news lately. So how about a little more?! :tounge2:

I am pleased to announce that I have been working on the sequel to my previous game. I present Dragon Warrior Classic 2!

dwc2-logo_zps7f92cbc0.png

Such as Dragon Warrior Classic was modeled after the original Dragon Warrior, Dragon Warrior Classic 2 is modeled after Dragon Warrior 2. I have once again attempted to recreate the sights, sounds, and feelings, of Dragon Warrior 2 in monster design, music, and appearance.

I am also excited to announce that I have recruited the help of mdb510 and PantheonSasuke to help me with the monster design. They are very talented Den members and the monsters that they have been creating look absolutely incredible!

Now some basic information on the game.

STORY

The story evolves around a prophesy that states that a newly born child is actually a resurrected Being that will help bring about the rebuilding of the Wizard civilization. The evil ruler Urekrol not only will not allow the Wizards to be reborn, but wishes to use the power of the great Being to enslave the entire world.

You are a warrior from the Kingdom of Hollpatent. Long ago, Urekrol's minions attacked your home and kidnapped your childhood friend believing her to possibly be the resurrected Being. Now that you are an adult, you have asked the king's permission to embark on a quest to find and rescue your childhood friend. Which he has now granted.

CHARACTERS

Just like Dragon Warrior 2, you will begin your journey alone, and gain two allies along the way.

The Princess of Chatiemac:

The Princess of Chatiemac is skilled in the art of both weaponry and magic. However her father the king refuses to allow her to journey to destroy Urekrol. Yet she is a feisty young women who will go against her father's own wishes in order to venture on her quest.

The Aristocrat of Boreen:

This young man is the son of the mayor of Boreen. Highly trained in the magical arts. He is an adventurous yet reckless youth who tends to find himself in trouble. His great magical power is a significant advantage to have in your party.

SCREENSHOTS

screenshot-1_zps22bbebad.pngscreenshot-3_zps66a22982.png

screenshot-2_zpsdab2e0e7.pngscreenshot-4_zps693457c4.png

screenshot-5_zps7d2883c7.pngscreenshot-7_zps05d6804a.png

screenshot-6_zpsec0d6d5a.png

At this point, I do not have a projected date for the release of a demo. However the Den will be the first know :thumbsup:

(I've already created a separate topic for this, but I'm in need of anyone with web design experience to help me redesign the Dragon Warrior Classic website. Anyone who may be interested please PM me.)

Edited by hawkeye77o4
  • Upvote 4
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There has been a tremendous wave of great fan game news lately. So how about a little more?!   I am pleased to announce that I have been working on the sequel to my previous game. I present Dragon

Let's dust this thing off shall we?   Well, life update; with Thanksgiving around the corner and myself transitioning into a new job the first week of December, I will have a good amount of free day

I saw this coming! Or did I suggest it a while back...   Anyways, congratulations on the new project, it already looks great! Are you using VX again, or have you switched to Ace?

I saw this coming! Or did I suggest it a while back...

Anyways, congratulations on the new project, it already looks great! Are you using VX again, or have you switched to Ace?

• Upvote 3

I saw this coming! Or did I suggest it a while back...

Anyways, congratulations on the new project, it already looks great! Are you using VX again, or have you switched to Ace?

Thanks! I stuck with VX this time around.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I've been keeping my mouth shut on this for what feels like forever. So glad to see it go public!

Great! We need fangame series that have successors.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I've been keeping my mouth shut on this for what feels like forever. So glad to see it go public!

Haha! I forgot that I had tortured you with some inside information.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Haha! I forgot that I had tortured you with some inside information.

I've been spoiler checking myself for months. I was afraid it would slip out in a video.

• 3 weeks later...

O.O I played the first game and thats so cool !! Yes, I want more !!

Hi hawkeye77o4

Do you need a Spanish of Spain translate? The spanish community will be grateful to have it!! . I can do it. Please, if you need it send me a Private Message. ^^

Long Life to the King Trode    ^^

Do you need a Spanish of Spain translate? The spanish community will be grateful to have it!! . I can do it.

That is a very intriguing idea. We'll have to look into that.

Land, that is awesome! I don't speak spanish very well (I'm learning, although my class teaches more of a mexican dialect), but having a fangame in multiple languages is an great idea.

• 2 months later...

Your first game was an excellent fan game. It really captured the feeling well. Since Dragon Quest 2 is my favorite of the NES DQs, I'll really look forward to playing this in the future.

Thanks a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed the game. And hope to not disappoint with 2.

Speaking of which, I have been fairly absent with news lately. Just to let everyone know, life has been catching up to me lately. I'm in the process of changing jobs and quite possibly career paths so that has taken up a fair amount of my time. But be assured progress is still being made.

I do plan on getting a demo out hopefully in the near future. However this time around I want to release a demo that is more of a representation of the final product other than just a random glimpse of a work in progress. Also I'm still trying to get my website redesigned which is also the reason for a lack of news.

I'm really looking forward to this! I really enjoyed the first one, and found it incredibly inspiring. :) I'll be keeping my eyes open for more news!!

Which hopefully I can give you soon hahaha. Doesn't life realize I have a Dragon Warrior game to make?!

Thats what I keep saying about mine. lol

I am trying to keep progress going...but other stuff keeps getting in the way. >0

• Upvote 2

Yeah, the music you wrote for the first one was pretty good. Rather simple, but so was the music in DWI, so yeah.

I've been keeping my eye on this project.  I can't wait to hear the music in it.  The first one had addictive melodies.

Ask and you shall receive!

https://soundcloud.com/hawkeye77o4/dwc2-overworld