Dragon Quest VII 3DS - New Information

dq73ds.png

Thanks to KiTA for posting this back on the second, not sure how I missed it. Just thought I would repost it here in case anyone else missed it.

http://www.siliconer...feature-online/

New information:

* The Immigrant Town now has a place to trade random dungeon tablets via the Nintendo WFC

* The seemingly official name for the not-officially-announced localization of DQ7R's "Mysterious Tablets" is "Streetpass Stones"

* Streetpass Stones appear to almost definitely be DQ9 grottos.

* You can also get Streetpass Stones by Making a party of monsters from your monster park and sending them into a special randomly generated dungeon.

In short, SE is making changes to the game to better support a Western audience. We are GOING to get this

Good question. Do we get to play them as they go through the dungeon? Or would it be like a strategy game where we send units and just get the results after a while?

Perhaps different parties have different chances of success...

Anyway, I love that monsters will have more use now.

Good question. Do we get to play them as they go through the dungeon? Or would it be like a strategy game where we send units and just get the results after a while?

Perhaps different parties have different chances of success...

Anyway, I love that monsters will have more use now.

I saw a screenshot somewhere that shows the monsters going through the dungeon and even finding chests, so I would assume that we could play as them in the dungeon.

The pidgeon english the machine translation website wasn't clear, but it almost sounded like if you take the same 3 monsters in the dungeon, you'll always get the same dungeon with the same tablets -- and I wasn't sure on if combat happens in the dungeon or not. I'll look it up after work tomorrow and see if I can find more information.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The StreetPass name reminds me of all those great communication features we can never put to use in the west... Seems they now acknowledge the west and try to make it easier for us ahah

Acknowledge the West how? By not releasing a game in 2 years...

• 2 weeks later...

The StreetPass name reminds me of all those great communication features we can never put to use in the west... Seems they now acknowledge the west and try to make it easier for us ahah

Acknowledge the West how? By not releasing a game in 2 years...

DQMJ2 Pro was released in the DS' endlife cycle, and they released DQMJ2... :/

Too bad DQ is not a major success sales-wise outside of Japan, except for the main titles. This mainly explains why they don't release many side titles (slime mori mori, torneko taloon, the swords games etc)

This happens with many game publishers (Atlus does the same for some games for eg) but sometimes it's time/money/nintendo (or sony) that prevents them from releasing a game states side :(