I am feeling very unsafe.

Aoibara

This is absolutely not a joke. It is true.

Today, my mother saw TONS of Japanese families from the Japanese school which is across the school I go scrambling into the school as security officers and police sealed up the school. My mother wondered what was going on, and I also wondered what was going on as I listened to my mother.

What happened, its actually VERY grim when my mother found out on facebook. Really. It is just downright horrifying.

There were two witnesses of this incident. One was a student walking, and another was a teacher from my school on the bicycle. The two saw a man, carrying a knife (Probably a fruit knife). The man approached the little girl, who was accompanied with her friend at the back, and STABBED her on her back pack. The girl fell on her knees, and her friend tried to help her escape while the man continued stabbing. There was no blood, so I assume the girl was OK. The teacher immediately reported the incident to the police, which probably lead to the Japanese families evacuating to the school.

My school, and as some of you may know, is known for having wealthy families like me, though I am like a lower upper class person since we aren't too rich or too poor. Which means, my school community could be in danger because of this crazy man who tried to kill that little girl.

Every Wednesday, I walk to my tutor. I am very very nervous about this incident. I think a whole bunch of students who saw the story on facebook emailed the principles and whatnots so obviously my school is going to state an official warning. But still, this is giving me creeps. Is my place safe? Are my teachers and classmates not in danger? Really. This is just frightening.

What's with all this violence occurring around schools lately? Gah.

Do you have any friends nearby that would be willing to walk with you to your tutor? And what about self-defense? Would you be allowed to carry something like pepper spray? Besides that I would just recommend to be aware of your surroundings.

Not trying to add to the fear here or anything. You just gotta keep doing what you do, but maybe be more careful about it, and be ready to report any maniacs that might show up. Sorry if none of that is helpful, but do stay safe, yo. Keep in contact with your close pals and try not to go out alone if you can help it. And try to stay calm. Being scared is natural, but going into a panic won't do any good.

What's with all this violence occurring around schools lately? Gah.

With the recent "popularity" of the Connecticut shooting, many demented individuals are trying to get in that spotlight as well.

and Aoi, I agree with Pantheon. Look in to some sort of self-defense, or travel in larger groups, but do not panic.

Yeah, panicking is the worst thing you can do.

What's with all this violence occurring around schools lately?
I thik it has more to do with reporting. It's not like school shootings are a new phenomenon. It's that they get reported on CNN more often.

I thik it has more to do with reporting. It's not like school shootings are a new phenomenon. It's that they get reported on CNN more often.

Occasionally, they'll get 24-hour coverage, a theme song, and talked about for 3 weeks.

Occasionally, they'll get 24-hour coverage, a theme song, and talked about for 3 weeks.

Anyone ever see TotalBiscuit 2 cents on How the News handles this?

Useless Fact: You know that college that had the shooting today? Took a couple courses there. (Birthplace of the Shrine's old circular design.) That part of town's been in a nosedive for a while now. Not shocked it happened.

Archived