Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

Sighs at this point id be happy for any news of a western release, preferably all gameplay elements unchanged from Japanese version. I want the game bad.

The wait is excruciating :(

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know when they usually open new districts in the dwelling zones? I sold a liquid metal slime coin and finally was able to afford an M-sized plot of land + house.

There are 3 areas for Juretto (beach, swamp and a more town-like area with high stairs) and each has 9000 districts. I really wanted to move to the beach area, but it seems I don't have a chance. I checked all 9000 districts and all I was able to find were 2 S-sized plots of land.

Someone give me a quick walkthrough on what I would need to do, from start to finish, to get DQX up and running on my PC.  Not just offline mode, from having nothing set up to having an online account.  Anyone...?  :)

Also, ok, so the Pukuripo race is what pitohui (Alex of X in 10) is playing as, and their race is kinda a fun loving, joker race.  Not a bad race but I was thinking of either the Ogre or the Weddie instead.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

Ogre:  Klingons.  :P

Weddie:  Roma / Gypsies with a Pacific islander flavor

Elf:  Japan meets Nature spirit theme

Puklipo:  Jester, joker race

Dwarf:  Mayan themed architecture, fallen from glory tech race?

Dwarf is out, kinda had written Puklipo off but torn on that now, Elves would be ok except I can't seem to tell the difference between a male and female elf in the screenshots...  So thinking either Ogre or Weddie from simple process of elimination.

KiTA if ya wanna run some DQ10 let me know, I am brand spanking new as well and have a Lv 12 Weddie Fighter. 

Someone give me a quick walkthrough on what I would need to do, from start to finish, to get DQX up and running on my PC.  Not just offline mode, from having nothing set up to having an online account.  Anyone...?   :)

Setting up things on PC is pretty simple. The hardest part is creating a Japanese Square Enix account, but once that is done, everything should be easy. You can use Bjaxx87's guide for that here

Once that is done, install Softether VPN client. Instructions are also in bjaxx87's guide on step 4. Installation should be pretty simple like any other program installation. 

Once those 2 things are done and you are connected to a Japanese VPN server, start the DQX installation from the DQX Disc. You don't have to change any settings, simply agree to the terms and click on all the Next (N >) options.

Once installation is done, run DQX. It should try to update, and might take a while the first time. Sometimes you might get messages that look like errors during updates and will close the launcher. Just open DQX again. Not sure if its required to restart after certain updates. Once updating is done, it will start the launcher. There should be a yellow button that says STEP 1. Click on it and it will take you to the online registration page in your browser. Log in with your Japanese SE account and it should ask you for your DQX registration code, which is in the back of the insert that came with your game (its a 20 letter/digit code). Once your copy of DQX is registered to your SE account, log in to your Japanese SE account from within the launcher (STEP2). From there everything should go smoothly.

I can help out with the subscription info later if/when you need it. It's as simple as buying webmoney from play-asia (digital code), buy Crysta currency from your SE account page using the webmoney, and then purchasing a monthly subscription (using the Crysta) from the subscription page which you can bring up from the DQX launcher (slimeknight button).

Has anyone tried to purchase the game digitally through the Square Enix store using a VPN and have you been successful? I made a mistake and purchased 2.0 thinking it was the PC release but I didn't realize that 1.0 was out as I am just getting into this game. I could buy 1.0 through Play Asia but if I could just get the digital version that would be even better.

• Upvote 1

I've done it. it's a pain in the ass. I can copy/paste a private message to you for the process if you want. I think it's also been detailed a bit in the beta threads.

I've done it. it's a pain in the ass. I can copy/paste a private message to you for the process if you want. I think it's also been detailed a bit in the beta threads.

Could you also PM me with said process.

Has anyone tried the Youkai Trainer class yet?

It's call mamonotsukai

mainly played because I want passive skill and skill point

not interest on gather monsters but can scout all 10 at this time

not an end game job, I think

Hi, just got the game started playing online today I got some question I really wana know the answers to please.

1. how can you change your job/class?

2. is there a guide that I can follow for the dwarf tribe quests?

but really enjoying the game.

:lrsmile:

Has anyone tried the Youkai Trainer class yet?

I gave it a try last weekend and have literally no complaints about it. Then again, if you know me you know I love classes that can use claws and Monster Tamer is one of them. Usable immediately out of the box and I can hit on par with the Battle Masters I take along for grinding with Tiger Claw.

The quest is dirt easy, you need to defeat 30 different kinds of monsters, then buy a scouting manual (any type, 500g) from the Monster Bar which is located with in the regular bar. The only catch is that it counts those 30 types of monsters from before you accept the quest meaning you most likely already will meet the requirements before you can even access job changes. In order to actually get a monster, you read the scouting manual, then go out and use the Scout Attack skill to punch them until they show up as an NPC after the battle (1 hit KOing them is fine, it just has a low chance to work). Having a full set of hired AIs is fine as they get their own slot. As for me:

114019200_zpse9e6cbb1.jpg

I chose to stick with the most obvious choice for DQ, the Slime. You have have up to 8 monsters in reserve at a time so you don't need to pick just 1, but you will have to raise each of them separately. At lower levels they are incredibly weak but by the time they reached about lv25 they've become like a member I'd hire but don't have to keep rehiring and paying gold. Since monsters gain EXP while with you but are not required to physically be in the party you can keep them safe until they get up to speed.

Monsters cap at lv50 and gain a total of 69 SP, their stats are approximately equivalent to a lv70 character + passive bonuses (Slime has 340 HP at the cap and 10 at lv1). They have 3 skill trees that cap at 60 SP, one with passives/skills related to physical abilities, one with passives/skills related to magic abilities, and 1 weapon tree (for Slime it is boomerangs). When they reach the level cap they can be reborn at lv1 where they'll have 10 SP and you can choose another skill tree to add to their skills from a list of 6. Not really sure about anything else as my Slime has only reached lv32.

Oh, and whoever thought of the idea to let your monster follow you in the housing area and have them pose with you when you use a gesture... that person needs to be promoted. Seriously, it's like the best thing ever.

I wonder if you can tame a Metal Slime.  :D

Seems I'm pretty close to the deadline of the first half of this year's christmas event. Can someone get me up to date? I found that guide: http://dq10.org/christmas.html

I understood that I have to talk to one of the snow fairys ("Merry Christmas" in Kana) and I'll get a reindeer costume.

If I wear it...

- ...special monsters will appear: クリスマスライム, ã‚¸ãƒ³ã‚°ãƒ«ãƒ¢ãƒ¼ãƒ¢ãƒ³, ã˜ã‚“ã‚んツリー and ãƒ¡ãƒªãƒ¼ã‚µãƒ¼ãƒ©

- ...I can collect christmas items: 星夜ã®ã‚¹ã‚¿ãƒ¼ã€æ˜Ÿå¤œã®ãƒ™ãƒ«ã€æ˜Ÿå¤œã®ãƒªãƒœãƒ³ã€æ˜Ÿå¤œã®ãã¤ä¸‹

If I got that correct, I need 5 pieces of each item.

But I'm not sure what I need to do then and if the special monsters have any meaning. Oh, or are those monsters the only ones that drop the christmas items?

Edited by bjaxx87

The special mobs appear if you're wearing the costume, and when they appear they drop one of the four item types. Once you have five of each of the four item types, you go back to the xmas event area. Once there, go click on the tree. That's it.

Alright, then I know what I'll do this evening! ;) Thanks a lot.

I hope you can still do part 1 during part 2 (like it was the case during the Halloween event).

I wonder if you can tame a Metal Slime.   :D

Currently you can't.  :(

It's one manual for one specific monster. The only Slimes you can get right now are the regular one and Heal Slime, but the latter requires winning the manual from the Rendashia Lottery so I won't be picking that up for quite a while.

If I'm reading the FAQs right, Slime Knight is also an option. :D

I wonder if you can tame a Metal Slime. :D
Currently you can't. :(It's one manual for one specific monster. The only Slimes you can get right now are the regular one and Heal Slime, but the latter requires winning the manual from the Rendashia Lottery so I won't be picking that up for quite a while.

Soo, there we go, part 2 of the christmas event started (and you still can play/replay part 1, if you like).

Again I auto-translated some guides and I think I partially understand what to do...

- First you need to talk to Shoten no tsukai (è–天ã®ä½¿ã„), which is Sterling from DQIX dressed as Santa Clause :).

- Your new mission is to fight "gift box monsters". There are three kinds: é—‡ã®ãƒ—レゼント, æ­»ã®ãƒ—レゼント and é­”ã®ãƒ—レゼント

- You need their item drops: è¶…åˆé‡‘キラーマシン, ã½ã‹ã½ã‹ãƒžãƒ•ãƒ©ãƒ¼ and 妖精変身ステッキ

- Play a little Santa yourself! There are 3 kids in Juretto, Azlan and Rangao and each wants one of the item drops.

Again there is something I don't understand. After you delivered all presents, you will get a Kushakusha letter (ãã—ゃãã—ゃã®æ‰‹ç´™). What is that?

And you'll have to answer a question (I'm not sure, but I guess Shoten no tsukai asks it?):

Which is your favorite demon? You have 4 options:

今ã¯ç­”ãˆã‚‰ã‚Œãªã„
筋肉ムキムキã®èµ¤ã巨人
æ­»ã®å‘ªæ–‡ã‚’æ“ã‚‹ç´«ã®é­”ç£
魔法を連発ã™ã‚‹é»„ã®æ‚ªé­”

The first option says that you haven't decided yet. The other three are descriptions of certain demons. Japanese players are pretty certain that they fit to the following ones (in that order):

アトラス (Atlas)
ãƒã‚ºã‚º (Pazuzu)
ベリアル (Belial)

Maybe you will receive a christmas present (e.g. a statue for your house) depending on your answer?

That's all I found out about part 2. I will give it a try soon ;).

- Your new mission is to fight "gift box monsters". There are three kinds: é—‡ã®ãƒ—レゼント, æ­»ã®ãƒ—レゼント and é­”ã®ãƒ—レゼント

- You need their item drops: 超åˆé‡‘キラーマシン, ã½ã‹ã½ã‹ãƒžãƒ•ãƒ©ãƒ¼ and 妖精変身ステッキ

Seems I was wrong here... I played today and I didn't encounter a single "gift box monster" - instead the usual "christmas monsters" appeared. But next to their standard "christmas tree decoration drops" they additionally dropped gift boxes! I received three kinds: é—‡ã®ãƒ—レゼント, æ­»ã®ãƒ—レゼント and é­”ã®ãƒ—レゼント (exactly those which I thought would be monsters)

But if those aren't monsters... where do I get 超åˆé‡‘キラーマシン, ã½ã‹ã½ã‹ãƒžãƒ•ãƒ©ãƒ¼ and 妖精変身ステッキ? And what is the use of the gift boxes I collected?

Then again... I know that "gift box monsters" exist! I saw someone fighting several of them today, I just didn't encounter one myself. I even found a screenshot to prove it:

ea9fe02a-s.jpg

So...

- What is the use of é—‡ã®ãƒ—レゼント, æ­»ã®ãƒ—レゼント and é­”ã®ãƒ—レゼント?

- How do I get 超åˆé‡‘キラーマシン, ã½ã‹ã½ã‹ãƒžãƒ•ãƒ©ãƒ¼ and 妖精変身ステッキ?

- How do I encounter "gift box monsters" and what is the meaning of fighting them?

Thanks for any help! ^^

Stand outside and "use" the プレゼン㨠items from your inventory. They will start a battle, which will sometimes drop those items or other presents. So you stand around doing that for a while to collect everything.

Then you talk to the santa beefcake guy again and he'll give you the choices. It's not clear yet if that's something you do once a day, or if on christmas they deliver you the (probable boss card).

Can't believe I didn't try to use the items... Thank you! :D

Stand outside and "use" the プレゼン㨠items from your inventory. They will start a battle, which will sometimes drop those items or other presents. So you stand around doing that for a while to collect everything.

Then you talk to the santa beefcake guy again and he'll give you the choices. It's not clear yet if that's something you do once a day, or if on christmas they deliver you the (probable boss card).

The wikis have been saying it isn't a quest so there's no replay option. I did it last night while grinding, picked Pazuzu as mine since I want a shot at a Sorcery Ring.

It'd be pretty cool if they didn't give us a boss card and just gave us the item  :P