Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

I accidentally chose the wrong costume for the Halloween event. How do I change it? If I just repeat trick or treat Jack doesnt react anymore...

Speak to the pumpkin guy again.

Say No to the first prompt and Yes to the second.  You can now change costumes.

I accidentally chose the wrong costume for the Halloween event. How do I change it? If I just repeat trick or treat Jack doesnt react anymore...

What is wrong with running around in tight clothing? :)

We sorted it out in game though, but I didn't get to see you in those tights XD

XD

By the way, just set my renewal date with Crysta. The process was a cinch. Play-Asia delivered the code in a little less than 8 minutes. If anyone needs help with this I can give a more detailed explanation when I get back from the weekend.

Another month of DQX online! 

hey everyone just got my copy of DQX  today and I just got to where it switches to online. I was just wondering which server should I play on. like is there one that everyone plays on or does it not matter?

hey everyone just got my copy of DQX  today and I just got to where it switches to online. I was just wondering which server should I play on. like is there one that everyone plays on or does it not matter?

Doesn't matter - you switch whenever you like, you're not tied to a server so don't worry about it.

It doesn't really matter what server you play on in terms of restrictions, though some servers are recommended for certain things:

Current Server list:

Servers 1-8: Normal Servers

- - - - -

Servers 9-10: Recommended for Beginners (might actually have a 40 day restriction;can't join after 40 days since 1st online character creation date, but I am not sure)

- - - - -

Servers 11-14: Recommended for Solo Play

Servers 15-18: No keyboard

Servers 19-20: Double Pass feature (chance encounter 3DS feature)

Servers 21-22: Used for Media coverage

Servers 23-24: Play with other Students

Servers 25- 40: Normal Servers

You can switch servers anytime you start online mode. You can also switch servers in-game with the concierge, someone who is standing next to the Innkeeper in important cities, AKA the lottery people. The only time I can't pick a starting server is when I get booted due to a network error, which does a forced quicksave wherever it is that I lost the connection.

Once you have friends added on your friends list, you can see what server they are playing on.

You can check server status here:

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/serverstatus/

Edited by Flute_Warrior

Not too sure if this is the right thread, but got a couple of questions about the game since I just started playing it properly online.

Someone was following me and then I got a star over my head - what does this do/mean? Seems similar to the fourth option in the item menu, which I also don't know what it does.

Quest 133 seems to require taking a photo of a Mormon(?). Japanese site I'm using says it's around A-4 on the map. I took a photo of a regular Mormon  but didn't seem to meet the requirement. Is there some sort of rare/different species I'm supposed to look for?

Is there a server English speakers/Den players tend to hang around in?

Thanks. :)

Kei: I am already in a team but if you are up for playing together I can PM my info.

Chris: The star is like a Facebook 'like' it has no function other than communicating (OK, it is also used to play tag but don't worry about it yet.

Quest 133 you need to take a picture of a Mommon in a tree eating fruit.

I am often on server 33, so a lot of us here are using it now, but since you can change servers as soon as you form a party it really is nothing to be concerned about.

Chris: The star is like a Facebook 'like' it has no function other than communicating (OK, it is also used to play tag but don't worry about it yet.

Quest 133 you need to take a picture of a Mommon in a tree eating fruit.

I am often on server 33, so a lot of us here are using it now, but since you can change servers as soon as you form a party it really is nothing to be concerned about.

Thanks, Mimas. :)

Feel bad for running away from him now.  :laugh:

I found the Mommon, was looking around the wrong tree, thought it was on top of the cliff not on the beach.

One more question (for now :P), where's the setting to automatically take photos at the end of a boss battle?

Hopefully get a chance to play with some people from here sometime. :)

So I gotta ask your opinion, is FFXIV really the main reason why SE is holding back on DQX localization?  Its what alot of people been thinking.  Thing is DQX is on what, 5 platforms now? Even the Xbox 360? I didnt know the Xbox had any popularity in Japan.

So I gotta ask your opinion, is FFXIV really the main reason why SE is holding back on DQX localization?  Its what alot of people been thinking.  Thing is DQX is on what, 5 platforms now? Even the Xbox 360? I didnt know the Xbox had any popularity in Japan.

I suspect FFXIV definitely has *something* to do with it, and I think that's wise - it would be silly to release two MMOs so closely together.

DQX is currently only available (in Japan) on Wii, Wii U and PC.

Wii, Wii U, and PC is correct. The game is not on the XBox 360 but you can use an XBox 360 controller with the PC version of the game.

So how hard would it be to "import" DQX PC?

I need a fresh Square Enix account, right?  Or can I use my existing US account + a VPN?

You have to have a japanese account.

Heres a ingame question.  What determines how much gold you lose upon death?  Is it a flat percentage?  Or based on your characters current Class level?

Heres a ingame question.  What determines how much gold you lose upon death?  Is it a flat percentage?  Or based on your characters current Class level?

I believe it's 0% until level 10, then from there you lose your level's % (15% if you are level 15), then caps at 50%.

Wait, I have a question... So the registration code is not included in the package, but inside the disc? orz

My laptop has no CD reader and I was thinking of using my copy only for the registration code but it's nowhere to be seen... So it's in the disc after all? ;___;

It is in the package.

Ah... it's in the booklet apparently xD

Didn't see it orz

Okay going in now~!

What are the chances of a compilation of main game and expansion for the PC version?

Sighs at this point id be happy for any news of a western release, preferably all gameplay elements unchanged from Japanese version.  I want the game bad.

• Upvote 1