Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

A non-Japanese speaker is going to have a lot of trouble knowing where to go or what to do without a guide.  Many of the quests require you to fight specific enemies, or take specific actions.  You'll have a heck of a time trying to figure this stuff out if you can't read Japanese or don't have a guide or a person able to guide you.

Saigan's Let's Play videos can be a big help though.  They can help you through a lot of the story.

Edited by Cranberry

Damn... Looks like I'll be waiting for SQEX to pull their heads out, or for a fan translation.

I tried playing DQV SFC like that back before the DS version came out, it was boring as all heck. (But then I found a patch and it instantly became my number 2 DQ game ever, right behind DWVII.)

I know just enough Japanese to navigate, and aside from some key quest help from Mimas I've navigated fairly well by myself.

...But yes, it is an MMO, so it will be complicated if you're not completely familiar with the setup, and (or) fluid use of the language.

Eh, it's not the gameplay that I don't understand, it's the lack of story. (And item/spell names...) So yes, this would probably be pretty boring for me to continue playing in japanese once the "I'm playing a DQ game before it's released in America" effect wears off.

Guys please I was trying to get (quest 036)DQ X

But Toto not giving me the quest.

It will be gratefully if anyone can help me on this quest.

Yes bro I'm at LvL 73

But he didn't give the quest lol

But he didn't give the quest lol

I have a question for anyone who have received their copy of the PC version.

Is it possible to play the game using only the register code (or something like that) in the package without installing the game with the CD? If that's the case, can someone upload an ISO of their copy so I can install from there?

My laptop doesn't have a CD Drive so I was thinking on how to actually install it.

Edited by Trass

You have to share both account bro for wii or wii u and PC

Hi all. My copy of DQX for the PC is on its way to me now, and I'm wondering about my choice of VPN. I'm going to use the game to improve my Japanese. Eventually, I hope my Japanese will be good enough to start interacting with Japanese players for further improvement. Although I don't plan on explicitly stating that I am living outside of Japan, I am going to be honest that Japanese is my second language. I don't want to endanger the Dragon's Den VPN to an IP ban through my actions, but I really want to play.

So, what's a guy to do? I know I read somewhere on here that at least one player plays primarily with Japanese players. Was it Mimas? Does anyone know if this player uses a different VPN, if they live it Japan, is good enough at Japanese to be able to trick the people they play with, or if this kind of activity (namely, playing with Japanese players and admitting to being foreign) is acceptable for the VPN members here use? I plan on getting started very soon. I imagine it will take me quite a while to even get through the offline intro, but I'll still need to use a VPN before that.

I currently has "1 posts!" Yay!

Edited by Knightcrawler

Mimas uses a paid VPN.  Mimas is pretty fluent in Japanese.

You do not want to tell people that you don't live in Japan as a general rule of thumb.  Foreigners are not supposed to be on this game and you don't want to put the common VPNs at risk of being banned.  If the VPN gets banned, everyone using that VPN gets cut off.  If you can't speak Japanese I'm not sure making a habit of talking to the JP players is such a good idea...

The VPN I use is "SoftEther".  An open source free VPN.

Edited by Cranberry

I guess if I had to, I would go as far as to say I am not very good at Japanese. If someone asks where I am playing from, I would simply say that I can't give any more info for security reasons (if they understood English to begin with). Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed that many Japanese people tend to respect your reasons regardless if it is a good one or not.

Talking English in the game isn't a problem itself, but it might raise suspicions, especially if you really are a foreigner playing the game. I don't even think letting someone know you are a foreigner is an instant ban per-say, but in the end we are mitigating every possible risk that may lead to a VPN/IP ban.

"Panic Mode"  :shifty:

Edited by Flute_Warrior

Well anyone know of some other good VPN I could use, then? I'll be getting the game in a few hours.

strong vpn

if need, you all can join my team.

just PM to me your character's name and number anytime

Edited by kei

Woooow soo happy I got my RDM 75 lol

I got the rare item drop of the first Magic Labyrinth boss! Does anyone know if it has any use (except for selling it at a pretty decent price of 6000G at the bazaar)?

item.png

That is a metal slime coin.  If you do another Magic Labyrinth and throw it into the fountain at the beginning of the dungeon, it will guarantee that a metal slime appears later in the dungeon.

Oh, cool! Thank you. :)

Mh, but I think 6000G are harder to achieve than the amount of EXP you gain from a single metal slime defeated by a party of 4. I may sell it! ^^

Mh, but I think 6000G are harder to achieve than the amount of EXP you gain from a single metal slime defeated by a party of 4. I may sell it! ^^

Not to mention the metal slime may flee, unless that particular metal slime doesn't flee? Then again, players are probably equipped to defeat metal slimes easily by then. I would sell it as well, seeming as how leveling, at least at the beginning, is quite fun and the drops some monsters give can also be sold at the bazaar for good amounts.

Oh, and does genki dama work in Labyrinths? Maybe that would be a good combination if using the metal slime coin.

Edited by Flute_Warrior

genki works

and it has a chance to pop brothers, hagures, or even metal king

(my statistic was 1.5-2hr 280k exp with 4x12 metal coins)

some ppl like to go dungeon to find rare boss, special guest, etc
tolneko sell hagure coin 12000g (bazaar 100k = profit 880k)

Minea's Baramos card around 700k when you recruit who want to fight him (end game players only!!)

make money more than regular grinding

----------------------------

here some money tip

1. you must do quest making "gem of sweat and tear"

2. pump your gem at gears lv7, 14, 21, 28, 35 focus on weapons (easier)

3. after lv35 make gem with weapons only if you feel that another equitments are too expensive  

4. volla! easy 500k-1m at lv 50-60 depend on how your progess and planning

5. 12 jobs mean 5m++ plus item you got from monster drop

ex. no matter what lv you are, in dungeons gears's gem always got point

gem at bazaar now 1400g each

or do your guild work like you do with your stock trading

easy million but easier broke LOL

Edited by kei

When you use it, more specifically a metal slime appears walking around as an enemy one of the rooms.  When you initiate a battle with it, it might bring out some buddies to battle you.  You might end up with just one, or you might end up with 5 or so.

If you'd rather have gold though, you're certainly welcome to sell your coin.

I am sure this was mentioned before, but how to disable the Headgear visibility in the PC version? I was able to do it in the beta version, but somehow I can't seem to find it now. A lot of key mapping is different now as well.

It's now been moved to the equipment menu.  When you select the headgear you wish to equip, you'll have 3 choices.  Equip so it can be seen, equip so it can't be seen, and throw it away.

Thanks Cranberry! Will try this once I get online. I can't believe I overlooked the 3rd option.