Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

40 minutes ago, Punk said:

My friend is having an issue with something about a trial registration for the switch?

I was wondering where would my friend get the code to enter here to play on pc?

image.png.b4dd3e2e080e456f20d4e3bc5f21d8e2.png

Make sure your friend set up all SE required info (Name, Surname, Address, ZIP) all in kanji/katakana and with a Japanese address and zip in order to play the free trial.

3 hours ago, Tenshi2701 said:

Make sure your friend set up all SE required info (Name, Surname, Address, ZIP) all in kanji/katakana and with a Japanese address and zip in order to play the free trial.

Wouldn't he have had to to play the switch version of the trial? He wants to log into the account he played the switch version with on pc, how would he do that?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Punk said:

Wouldn't he have had to to play the switch version of the trial? He wants to log into the account he played the switch version with on pc, how would he do that?

I started to play DQX on Nintendo Switch from scratch so I'm not sure if your friend needs to have all the Japanese SE account info complete in order to switch from the PC to the Switch version or viceversa.

Anyway it wouldn't hurt if your friend double check if his Japanese SE account info is complete and also wouldn't hurt to check again if the Japanese eShop account is also linked to the Nintendo Switch to download the free trial and access to it (don't forget to activate the Japanese VPN for this last step, since he won't need it to play but he'll need it to download DXQ to the Nintendo Switch or to his PC).

If by any reasons all the above suggestions fail, then it might be that SE just allow to switch between PC and Nintendo Switch on full DQX versions but not on trial.

Edited by Tenshi2701

This might be better suited to a new thread, I honestly don't know. I've finally got some time to play this game, but it's been so long that two expansions have been released since I played last, and I think storywise, I'm still on v2.  I just wanted to ask, though, if there are any particularly important new features/events/whatever that I should start engaging with right away.  My highest class is level 90 right now IIRC. I think last time I played, I was figuring out how the master orb works.  Trying to remember that now.  It seems like they've added so much stuff, and it's very overwhelming.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Aeana said:

This might be better suited to a new thread, I honestly don't know. I've finally got some time to play this game, but it's been so long that two expansions have been released since I played last, and I think storywise, I'm still on v2.  I just wanted to ask, though, if there are any particularly important new features/events/whatever that I should start engaging with right away.  My highest class is level 90 right now IIRC. I think last time I played, I was figuring out how the master orb works.  Trying to remember that now.  It seems like they've added so much stuff, and it's very overwhelming.

Wish I have more time/experience to tell you what's new now but I just have been playing this game for 3 weeks and hadn't even start v.1 main story quets yet...

Anyway I'm glad you back and hope to see you in game Aena! 😁👍🏻

てんし (Tenshi) 

Edited by Tenshi2701

Hey everyone.

I’ve been muddling through the free Switch trial, and just regained my human form.

So how do I go back to being an Ogre? Pretty sure he said I could be either.

33 minutes ago, Ravidrath said:

Hey everyone.

I’ve been muddling through the free Switch trial, and just regained my human form.

So how do I go back to being an Ogre? Pretty sure he said I could be either.

Bienvenidos!

You're pretty much right where I am.  I haven't tried it yet because I've been an ogre for 20 hours, so it was nice being human again, but from what I gather, it's an option at churches.

On a funny side note, I stood outside the house where I was made human again for a good 5-10 minutes laughing as people spawned just standing in their underwear. Silly funny!

• Upvote 1

Church, bottom option to switch between your race and human form.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks, everyone!

I’m working on beating Nelgel now, but feel like I’m only scratching the surface of the game.

I don’t think I can justify subscribing once I reach the end of the trial, though. So hoping they do a SP version in the future, because it’s a cool world and story.

One other question, while I’m here...

What’s the best way to farm for updated gear?

I expected the Japanese Wiki to give some direction on where I could farm, but I’m not seeing anything.

I’m currently a 49 Mage and I’ve seen up level 65 items drop, but nothing I could use.

Edited by Ravidrath

3 hours ago, Ravidrath said:

Thanks, everyone!

I’m working on beating Nelgel now, but feel like I’m only scratching the surface of the game.

I don’t think I can justify subscribing once I reach the end of the trial, though. So hoping they do a SP version in the future, because it’s a cool world and story.

One other question, while I’m here...

What’s the best way to farm for updated gear?

I expected the Japanese Wiki to give some direction on where I could farm, but I’m not seeing anything.

I’m currently a 49 Mage and I’ve seen up level 65 items drop, but nothing I could use.

The Draque 10 Japanese guide should give you a good idea where to farm the weapons you need (google translate friendly)
https://ドラクエ10.jp/

52 minutes ago, RyanBGP said:

The Draque 10 Japanese guide should give you a good idea where to farm the weapons you need (google translate friendly)
https://ドラクエ10.jp/

OK, looks like I was looking at gear that could only be crafted, which is why I didn’t see where to get it.

Thanks!

No prob!

Fastest way to get the gear you need is definitely the bazaar, but you need a sub and tons of gold. I'd recommend just farming right now.

On 5/22/2020 at 6:33 PM, Aeana said:

Master Orbs, leveling up "fame" (finishing side quests and dailies gets this covered", fusing accessories, are important. That being said, you can BS most of V3 with good AI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imutone said:

Master Orbs, leveling up "fame" (finishing side quests and dailies gets this covered", fusing accessories, are important. That being said, you can BS most of V3 with good AI.

Can you give me more information on fusing accessories, or a link to a page that describes it?

Also, have there been more dailies added besides the kill quests in the cities + the labyrinth?

4 hours ago, Aeana said:

Can you give me more information on fusing accessories, or a link to a page that describes it?

Also, have there been more dailies added besides the kill quests in the cities + the labyrinth?

Fusing accessories https://xn--10-yg4a1a3kyh.jp/dq10_gousei.html

Daily/Weekly/Monthly https://xn--10-yg4a1a3kyh.jp/dq10_routine.html

Is there a way for someone with a PC copy of the game to log into the Switch version and pay for the sub through the eshop? Or do you have to own a Switch copy to do that?

1 hour ago, LadyLyndis said:

Is there a way for someone with a PC copy of the game to log into the Switch version and pay for the sub through the eshop? Or do you have to own a Switch copy to do that?

I heard that Nintendo Switch and PC versions are subscription compatible, I mean you can play on PC and later play on Nintendo Switch or viceversa, but in my experience since I started on Nintendo Switch, I couldn't access the buy a ticket option through eShop until I upgraded to full version, so my guess is that you have to buy at least the basic DQX package (version 1-3) to upgrade the free trial version in order to pay through the Nintendo eShop which by the way is awsome because I linked my american paypal account to my eShop and I can buy my vouchers using paypal now.

Yo guys I'm sure this question has been answered already, but I have to ask; is there a cap of level 80 for all trial players, because I've managed to complete the LV 85 Cap Quest, but it's not allowing me to level up past 80.

• Like 1

From what I understand yes, the Trial prevents you from going beyond a specific level cap. And I do believe that cap is 80. You can still do the quest but won't be able to progress beyond that until you purchase the game.

• Like 1

Carrying on from this (pertaining to my previous question), how would you activate your membership once it's been purchased, because I've payed for my account with Chrysta and have gotten the confirmation of said payment and as such would like to know how I'd be able to start using it. I also happen to be running out of my time in the trial tonight, so it'd be nice to know, thanks.