Jump to content

DQX Questions and Answers


Recommended Posts

Thank you!  I didn't realize there was two classes who could deal with monsters.
When you're done with this quest you'll be able to use the Item Master class and recruit those monsters.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm posting the questions and answers here from a conversation with Alexandrious over the messaging system. Feel free to add your own questions and I will try to answer them.   Warning: I have avoi

A process that involves sandblasting the pan and the use of a primer. You can read about it here.

Depends on your class.   Hereis the upper armor list. You can use the links at the top to navigate to the other pieces of armor/weapons. The best is crafted.     Yes, though until next week or

Posted Images

I just came back to the game and made a new char. I saw in the 5.0 patch changes that skill points go up automatically with job quests. I'm wondering how this works, as I'm still getting skill points on my new character. 
When you complete all quests for a class you automatically get 100 points in every skill now. But skills no longer carry over between classes.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AustNerevar said:
2 minutes ago, heavenscalamity said:
I just came back to the game and made a new char. I saw in the 5.0 patch changes that skill points go up automatically with job quests. I'm wondering how this works, as I'm still getting skill points on my new character. 

When you complete all quests for a class you automatically get 100 points in every skill now. But skills no longer carry over between classes.

What levels are the job quests? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
What levels are the job quests? 
I'm not really sure but I think you generally have to be lvl 30.
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2019 at 11:54 AM, AustNerevar said:
On 10/30/2019 at 11:52 AM, heavenscalamity said:
What levels are the job quests? 

I'm not really sure but I think you generally have to be lvl 30.

Yes you need to be at lvl 30 to start the job quests. For the jobs in V4 and 5 you need to be 50.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I'm completely lost on this "Guru Orb" mechanic and have been ignoring it.  I probably shouldn't be.

1. Where do I obtain more of the jewels I need to place on each orb grid?

2. How do I place the jewels again?  Is there an NPC or it just something in the menus?

Thanks!
merph

74e99101cd7d47e6d4345d5950768306.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an old puku in the first puku city (blanking on it's name at the moment and I'm not currently subscribed so I can't check), he's at the top of the map near the kitchen/food store. Talk to him to access the orb grid.

I never actually learned the whole system so I can't tell you more than that. Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
There's an old puku in the first puku city (blanking on it's name at the moment and I'm not currently subscribed so I can't check), he's at the top of the map near the kitchen/food store. Talk to him to access the orb grid.
I never actually learned the whole system so I can't tell you more than that. Good luck!
Is that Orphair or the Puku starting town?
Link to post
Share on other sites

Olfair, yes. Thanks!

5 hours ago, AustNerevar said:
5 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:
There's an old puku in the first puku city (blanking on it's name at the moment and I'm not currently subscribed so I can't check), he's at the top of the map near the kitchen/food store. Talk to him to access the orb grid.
I never actually learned the whole system so I can't tell you more than that. Good luck!

Is that Orphair or the Puku starting town?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 11:04 PM, merph518 said:

I'm completely lost on this "Guru Orb" mechanic and have been ignoring it.  I probably shouldn't be.

1. Where do I obtain more of the jewels I need to place on each orb grid?

2. How do I place the jewels again?  Is there an NPC or it just something in the menus?

Thanks!
merph

74e99101cd7d47e6d4345d5950768306.png

Wild monsters drop particular orbs as listed here https://dragon-quest.jp/ten/system/obe/houju_mons.php. Dungeon bosses drop random orbs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the help with the Orb stuff!

I've got another question --  I'm trying to translate the stats screen and I'm having trouble with a few of them.

916a1af011bf37fb69a0f03f747f5d88.png

1. Do I have the ones I've figured out right?

2. What are the two I'm missing?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a $20 Nintendo eShop card for Christmas. Before I spend it, I want to double check here: I can't use it on my Japanese account to sub to DQX, can I? I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but just in case I'm wrong I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to play some DQX again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
I got a $20 Nintendo eShop card for Christmas. Before I spend it, I want to double check here: I can't use it on my Japanese account to sub to DQX, can I? I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but just in case I'm wrong I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to play some DQX again.
No. It needs to be in yen.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I hit level 50 and I'm trying to do the first quest to raise the level cap to 55, but after accepting the quest I get rejected by the NPC for some reason. Google Translate is failing me here, can anyone tell me why I'm not able to accept this quest? All the guides I've looked at say lv46 is the only requirement.

 

edit - Nevermind! Turns out my quest list was full.

 

 

Edited by dirtygrass
Solved my own problem
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

Hey, newbie here just started up with the trial and really enjoying this.
 

I'm 99% sure I'm supposed to just chat まわりに to this guy but my chat comes up with ?'s instead of hiragana even though I have the Japanese IME. Am I doing this wrong?

I'm thinking my "?"'s are the problem. Watta-roshi mentioned that even if my chat is disabled (trial) that typing it out would be fine.
spacer.png

 

edit: realized I'm supposed to say a different phrase, figured out that switching my administration language settings to Japanese (dont use the beta UTF8 unicode, it seems to be using UTF16, still, no dice on triggering the quest, though.
spacer.png

Edited by Zer0
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2020 at 3:02 AM, Zer0 said:

Hey, newbie here just started up with the trial and really enjoying this.
 

I'm 99% sure I'm supposed to just chat まわりに to this guy but my chat comes up with ?'s instead of hiragana even though I have the Japanese IME. Am I doing this wrong?

I'm thinking my "?"'s are the problem. Watta-roshi mentioned that even if my chat is disabled (trial) that typing it out would be fine.
spacer.png

 

edit: realized I'm supposed to say a different phrase, figured out that switching my administration language settings to Japanese (dont use the beta UTF8 unicode, it seems to be using UTF16, still, no dice on triggering the quest, though.
spacer.png

You need to either set your computer's language to Japanese or launch the game with a locale emulator to support typing in Japanese. That is your problem.

 

Game text is UTF-8. I promise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 3:25 PM, Erdrick The Hero said:

You need to either set your computer's language to Japanese or launch the game with a locale emulator to support typing in Japanese. That is your problem.

 

Game text is UTF-8. I promise.

I have it all set to Japanese and am able to type the phrase, see the last picture with せんせいおしえて!. Still no go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zer0 said:

I have it all set to Japanese and am able to type the phrase, see the last picture with せんせいおしえて!. Still no go.

Hmm, you're right, I didn't catch that part. I can't help with the quest in particular then, I skipped most of the typing quests before I could type Japanese and haven't gone back to them yet. Good luck with it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend is having an issue with something about a trial registration for the switch?

I was wondering where would my friend get the code to enter here to play on pc?

image.png.b4dd3e2e080e456f20d4e3bc5f21d8e2.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Punk said:

My friend is having an issue with something about a trial registration for the switch?

I was wondering where would my friend get the code to enter here to play on pc?

image.png.b4dd3e2e080e456f20d4e3bc5f21d8e2.png

Make sure your friend set up all SE required info (Name, Surname, Address, ZIP) all in kanji/katakana and with a Japanese address and zip in order to play the free trial.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...