Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

Thank you!  I didn't realize there was two classes who could deal with monsters.
When you're done with this quest you'll be able to use the Item Master class and recruit those monsters.

I just came back to the game and made a new char. I saw in the 5.0 patch changes that skill points go up automatically with job quests. I'm wondering how this works, as I'm still getting skill points on my new character. 

I just came back to the game and made a new char. I saw in the 5.0 patch changes that skill points go up automatically with job quests. I'm wondering how this works, as I'm still getting skill points on my new character. 
When you complete all quests for a class you automatically get 100 points in every skill now. But skills no longer carry over between classes.

Just now, AustNerevar said:
2 minutes ago, heavenscalamity said:

When you complete all quests for a class you automatically get 100 points in every skill now. But skills no longer carry over between classes.

What levels are the job quests? 

I'm not really sure but I think you generally have to be lvl 30.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:54 AM, AustNerevar said:
On 10/30/2019 at 11:52 AM, heavenscalamity said:

I'm not really sure but I think you generally have to be lvl 30.

Yes you need to be at lvl 30 to start the job quests. For the jobs in V4 and 5 you need to be 50.

I'm completely lost on this "Guru Orb" mechanic and have been ignoring it.  I probably shouldn't be.

1. Where do I obtain more of the jewels I need to place on each orb grid?

2. How do I place the jewels again?  Is there an NPC or it just something in the menus?

Thanks!
merph

74e99101cd7d47e6d4345d5950768306.png

There's an old puku in the first puku city (blanking on it's name at the moment and I'm not currently subscribed so I can't check), he's at the top of the map near the kitchen/food store. Talk to him to access the orb grid.

I never actually learned the whole system so I can't tell you more than that. Good luck!

There's an old puku in the first puku city (blanking on it's name at the moment and I'm not currently subscribed so I can't check), he's at the top of the map near the kitchen/food store. Talk to him to access the orb grid.
I never actually learned the whole system so I can't tell you more than that. Good luck!
Is that Orphair or the Puku starting town?

Olfair, yes. Thanks!

5 hours ago, AustNerevar said:
5 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Is that Orphair or the Puku starting town?

On 12/6/2019 at 11:04 PM, merph518 said:

I'm completely lost on this "Guru Orb" mechanic and have been ignoring it.  I probably shouldn't be.

1. Where do I obtain more of the jewels I need to place on each orb grid?

2. How do I place the jewels again?  Is there an NPC or it just something in the menus?

Thanks!
merph

74e99101cd7d47e6d4345d5950768306.png

Wild monsters drop particular orbs as listed here https://dragon-quest.jp/ten/system/obe/houju_mons.php. Dungeon bosses drop random orbs.

Thanks for the help with the Orb stuff!

I've got another question --  I'm trying to translate the stats screen and I'm having trouble with a few of them.

916a1af011bf37fb69a0f03f747f5d88.png

1. Do I have the ones I've figured out right?

2. What are the two I'm missing?

I have the status screen down from top to bottom as follows.

Max HP

Max MP

Main hand attack

Off hand attack (only with 2 weapons)

Defense

Magical Might

Magical Mending

Strength

Resilience

Agility

Deftness

Charm

Style

Weight

This is based off of comparisons between the status screen and stat bonuses I am receiving from job-only skills trees. I'm using the skill page of the wiki guide to tell which stats are increasing.

I got a $20 Nintendo eShop card for Christmas. Before I spend it, I want to double check here: I can't use it on my Japanese account to sub to DQX, can I? I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but just in case I'm wrong I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to play some DQX again.

I got a $20 Nintendo eShop card for Christmas. Before I spend it, I want to double check here: I can't use it on my Japanese account to sub to DQX, can I? I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but just in case I'm wrong I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to play some DQX again.
No. It needs to be in yen.

Posted (edited)

I hit level 50 and I'm trying to do the first quest to raise the level cap to 55, but after accepting the quest I get rejected by the NPC for some reason. Google Translate is failing me here, can anyone tell me why I'm not able to accept this quest? All the guides I've looked at say lv46 is the only requirement.

edit - Nevermind! Turns out my quest list was full.

Edited by dirtygrass
Solved my own problem

Does anyone know how to get a translator working like this guy did?

Or does anyone have Aeana's working translator? She seems to have gone AWOL so...