Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

11 hours ago, RDarkfire said:

Awesome, yeah, that seems like it's totally the thing!  BUT!! 😞 Like her other download, the link from this no longer works.  Any chance she can re-up it somewhere?

Great job tracking this (and her) down! 🙂 🙂 

If she finds it let me know, I can host it here.

Posted (edited)

The answer is probably around somewhere, but does anyone know how to fixed the jumbled text on the game bar? The Quit selection screen is in question marks as well. The client works fine oddly enough. A friend told me this is a text-encoding issue but I'm not too sure how to go about fixing it.

text_encoding.thumb.JPG.3b4361748f153c4efe49b7758c3f56b9.JPG

Edited by Imutone

14 hours ago, Imutone said:

The answer is probably around somewhere, but does anyone know how to fixed the jumbled text on the game bar? The Quit selection screen is in question marks as well. The client works fine oddly enough. A friend told me this is a text-encoding issue but I'm not too sure how to go about fixing it.

Hide contents

text_encoding.thumb.JPG.3b4361748f153c4efe49b7758c3f56b9.JPG

This is happening because the game is trying to display Japanese characters, but your Windows locale is not Japanese. There was a solution through Windows 7 using the built-in locale emulator, AppLocale, but AppLocale has been removed in Windows 8/8.1/10. I never used Windows 8/8.1 and this is my first computer with Windows 10... I haven't had a good enough internet connection to even download the game (the launcher is installed but when trying to update it is stuck at 0%) so I haven't had a chance to solve this issue yet. At least I can tell you *why* it happens, though. If you find a solution, please share it!

(Technically you *could* change your Windows locale to Japanese, but then Windows will be in Japanese.)

I wonder if adding the Japanese language would work since it says the "app will display in the first language it supports"?

lang.png

11 hours ago, Woodus said:

I wonder if adding the Japanese language would work since it says the "app will display in the first language it supports"?

lang.png

Hmm, I'll have to try this when the game finishes downloading (at 75% now).

Maybe I'm just not far enough to be at a point to where I can do this yet, but is there a way to cosmetically equip gear? Like so I can wear the best gear for stats and then other gear for the appearance? I noticed that with hats I can choose if I want them visible or not but that's all I've seen so far concerning something like this. Also if you can do this, do class restrictions still apply to cosmetic gear?