Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

What is the difference between "companion chat" and "team chat"? I understand the "around" and "friend" chat, but the other 2 kinda confuse me, in the sense they both sound like they mean people currently in your party.

Edited by Flute_Warrior

"Team chat" is sort of like guild chat, as a team is essentially the DQX guild (or LS if your a FFXI player). "Companion chat" is just regular party chat.

I bought my house land plot this morning - but the guy at the store won't sell me a house kit..
Any ideas why? Am I missing a step?

What the heck are nails for?

Also, do we have a thread for everyone's DQX IDs? Or Miiverse details for the WiiU players?

There are only 2 reasons I can think of... Either your inventory is full or you don't have the money.

Also, do we have a thread for everyone's DQX IDs? Or Miiverse details for the WiiU players?

Nope, we just PM people who we want to add with our character name and ID.

How many skill points does one need to get that multi-hit staff skill? I'm playing the beta and if the level cap here is 25 and skill point cap is 40, would that not make the multi-hit unobtainable? Yet I've seen people use that skill. bjaxx87 also noted that some players had claw skills past their skill point limit. Is their a method for obtaining skill points besides leveling, like seed drops or weapons that boost total max skill points in the beta?

My next battle skill for the staff (on martial artist) is at 42, not sure it that is the one.

How many skill points does one need to get that multi-hit staff skill? I'm playing the beta and if the level cap here is 25 and skill point cap is 40, would that not make the multi-hit unobtainable? Yet I've seen people use that skill. bjaxx87 also noted that some players had claw skills past their skill point limit. Is their a method for obtaining skill points besides leveling, like seed drops or weapons that boost total max skill points in the beta?

My next battle skill for the staff (on martial artist) is at 42, not sure it that is the one.

Is it possible to do the Dharma quest at lv20? Because Staffs are on Priest and Minstrel so you could use SP from them.

Ah, I think it might be possible to change vocations in the beta, seeming as how I saw some odd stats on recruit characters, like a super strong priest.

What quest number is the Dharma quest? Any more info on where to get it and how to complete it? Thanks, and I do hope the new SP will stack and that the 40 SP limit only applies for each vocation. Can't check 'til next weekend though, as I believe the beta for this weekend just ended.

EDIT: Just found Saigan's video on the Dharma quest, so thanks Saigan :)  I'm gonna try this next weekend.

Edited by Flute_Warrior

Nope, we just PM people who we want to add with our character name and ID.

Oh. I'd just really like to be involved with playing with anyone from this community!

So I guess, if anyone would like to play - feel free to drop me a PM.

I'm gonna try this next weekend.

And so I did. Leveled up Minstrel and Priest to 19 and set all SP to Staff. Finally got the skill :) Takes 76 total SP on staff to unlock..

Hi!

Have a couple questions about the windows release... Been slowly reading the "image pages" for info but bleh.

- It looks like there's a download client for it, but it's not clear if this costs money? I was able to grab the beta client and benchmark without too much fanfare

- If you have the windows version can you switch between logging into the windows client and the Wii version? Or does it pin you to the windows client?

- How can USA users pay for the subscription if you move to the windows client? IIRC the Wii CC subscription requires a valid JP address on the CC info, so I've been buying Wii points which don't require that. Haven't figured out an alternative if moving to windows aside from keeping the wii version around and continuing to buy points.

Didn't want to buy a JP Wii U to get higher qualty game, so the windows version would be nice :) Debating these issues before ordering the USB controller or if I should add the disc release to avoid a massive download from JP.

- How can USA users pay for the subscription if you move to the windows client? IIRC the Wii CC subscription requires a valid JP address on the CC info, so I've been buying Wii points which don't require that. Haven't figured out an alternative if moving to windows aside from keeping the wii version around and continuing to buy points.

About the payment method, RagingAvatar mentioned the possibility of paying for the subscription with Crysta, which is basically Square Enix's play money for online games. I don't know much about it, but you can buy Crysta using Webmoney, which is basically a Japanese pre-paid card. You can buy these cards and either have it shipped to you, or get the code digitally (email, PM, etc). Play-Asia recently started selling WebMoney digitally, so that is good news. Of course, we still have to wait and find out if DQX will use Crysta, but it looks like it will.

So in short it would be like this:

Buy WebMoney > Buy Crysta with Webmoney > Add funds to DQX using your Crysta

As Flute_Warrior said, payment will (most likely) be by Crysta as FFXI and FFXIV do this - and DQX appears in the same management system for products as those.

Equally, if you want to buy a download version of DQX Windows you can do that with Webmoney, using Crysta, through the Square-Enix Japan online shop.

We'll obviously be able to firm up those details/how tos when the game goes live.

Thanks! seems like Crysta might be an option.

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/c042f4db68f23406c6cecf84a7ebb0fe/

This has some FAQ entries on whether or not you can play at the same time, but the autotranslate is vague and I can't quite read the original text.

"Do you play at the same time on Windows and Wii U version and the Wii version in the same character"

Seems to say that if "you can't use the TV" you can use the wii u (gamepad?) or windows version. So seems like you can switch around with the same account?

It's somewhat of an issue for me since I primarily run linux and can't always reboot into windows to play games. Having the Wii as backup is nice :) Also I can continue paying with wii points.

From my understanding, if you already have a character on Wii or Wii U, you can continue your game on the PC version. You just need to add a registration code from the PC version to your character's Square Enix account, then you can play either on your console or PC with the same file, but you can't play the same character at the same time using different platforms. In other words, it looks like you can't use the same [DQX] Square Enix account in different platforms at the same time.

I am not sure if you can do the same for Wii to Wii U and vice-versa, or if this was already possible to begin with. However, it says if you can't play on the TV, you can use the Wii U (gamepad) or PC. So if someone can confirm that you can use the same Square Enix account interchangeably with all available platforms, that would be great :)

Any word on whether they are really sticking to the 'level 75 cap for a LONG long time' stance? I remember they said this at launch, and again a bit later but I don't know whether they have changed their minds since then?

I personally hope they don't, since I think it's a good mix of challenging grind, but not enough to keep you from maxing multiple classes for skill points.

By the way, I've unsubbed since last month to play FFXIV, but my computer died 1 hour into launch day sooo since FFXI is completely ruined I'll be back on DQX working my way toward 75 WAR.

I could have sworn I posted this yesterday.  I guess I forgot to hit "Post"!

You should join up with me MoonRider!  There's not many import players on these days.  We should play together!

• Upvote 1

Hey RagingAvatar.  Have you checked your PMs lately?  I sent you a PM weeks ago but it's still coming up as never being read.

Just saw your post Cranberry, I'd love to team up with you (and RagingAvatar too)!

I'm going to resub asap, I think I was a little over 60 with full 60 armor (except the shield). So hopefully I'll be useful in the party!

Does Mimas still play? I didn't see her on very often around the time I stopped playing.

Aye, Mimas still plays.  Lately, it's just been Mimas and me as far as importers go.  I haven't met up with RagingAvatar yet, but hopefully we will soon.

How friendly is the online campaign to non-japanese speakers? Single player gameplay isn't too different from DQ9, but would an english-only player be able to get very far without constantly checking guides? I'm thinking of importing when the PC version is released, but I haven't decided. (I won't have the money for a subscription at first, but hopefully in february/march I'll be able to get a job and that would pay for it.)