Mimas

DQX Questions and Answers

That will get you versions 1 through 3.  Version 4 will have to be purchased separately if you want the Version 4 content.  There is no all in one that includes Version 4 yet (It'll probably come in a few years).

The disk might have more than one installer on it.  You may have to run a few installers to get everything.  There is going to be a product registration code which should be inside the game box.

If you don't buy Version 4, you can still play versions 1 - 3.  Some content such as the 100 level cap will require version 4 even if you aren't on the Version 4 story yet.

• Upvote 2

What exactly is Druid's role in fights besides summoning? I remember them being amazing magic users in 7 but their gameplay looks like they're all over the place in X and I want to play as them when I get bored of Warrior. At least I could tell that Priest is a healing vocation and Magic Knight is a buffing vocation.

Gotcha, thanks a lot! :)

A few more questions; where would I use the product registration key? Also, does the package come with a free subscription, or will I need to subscribe right off the bat as well?

8 minutes ago, gooieooie said:

Gotcha, thanks a lot! :)

A few more questions; where would I use the product registration key? Also, does the package come with a free subscription, or will I need to subscribe right off the bat as well?

I think you get 20 or 40 days if you get the All In One package.

If you don't have any Metal Slime/King coins or a Metal Ticket what is your best way to power-level fodder vocations like Fighter and Mage?

Edited by gaou

14 hours ago, gaou said:

If you don't have any Metal Slime/King coins or a Metal Ticket what is your best way to power-level fodder vocations like Fighter and Mage?

A long while ago it used to be those turtle shelled lizards.  But so many releases have gone by, it probably has changed.  Maybe someone else can give a suggestion? Even if your main character is weak, you hire level 99 etc, team members and plow through them.  I’ve only done this recently for stamps and you use a different monster for that.

edit:  If you are past version 1 I think, once a week you can do the 試練の門. (Shren no mon) which gives about 500k experience per successful trip.  It’s accessable from the 強士書 (kyoushisho) in your important items if you have it.

Edited by Avenger
Addition

Sorry if it's a repeated question, I couldn't find anything using the search function... If I buy a house, do I lose it from inactivity?

Example: In FFXIV you have to enter your house every 45 days or something like that or else you lose your plot.

Edited by takuto

I think it is about a year of not logging in.  And you get a land ticket and all your stuff so you don’t lose anything but your location.

On 12/24/2017 at 10:32 AM, Avenger said:

A long while ago it used to be those turtle shelled lizards.  But so many releases have gone by, it probably has changed.  Maybe someone else can give a suggestion? Even if your main character is weak, you hire level 99 etc, team members and plow through them.  I’ve only done this recently for stamps and you use a different monster for that.

edit:  If you are past version 1 I think, once a week you can do the 試練の門. (Shren no mon) which gives about 500k experience per successful trip.  It’s accessable from the 強士書 (kyoushisho) in your important items if you have it.

The Trials book is available after Version 1 (I think you have to have done at least one gate trial boss in the story of v2, though), however the ones you haven't done will be locked. You can cheat it by partying with someone with all of them unlocked, and when they ferry you into the boss it unlocks it in the book for you even though you haven't done it in the story yet.

If you bring a Superstar AI you can easily knock up the EXP gained from these to 700-800k total, depending on if you can do the harder ones like the Platinum King boss. This is because Superstars have a cooldown skill that greatly increases EXP gained from the monster affected, and the AI will target it on the bosses. You should also use a genki ball and eat a meal that gives +30% EXP.

In regards to where to grind...it wholly depends on what areas you have unlocked, there's quite a few areas that are good for EXP. If you have every area unlocked, the best area by far is Spot Slimes outside of Must in 3.5. They can show up in groups of 6 (which is about 14-15k EXP an encounter with full EXP buffs), and there's a lot of them around so there's no competition between other players like there was in the red turtle shelled dinos in the 2.1 map back when that was popular. If you bring a team of 2 Battle Masters and a Minstrel, you usually complete the fight almost instantly without needing to take any action at all (at most, one AoE attack). Last time I was there I got above 750k EXP in a 30 minute session with a Genki and +30% EXP Food. It's by far the best grinding area I'm aware of in the game right now. Considering a level in 90+ is ~900k, it's a very effective grinding area.

There might be something better in v4, but from what I've seen of v4.0 so far, it's unlikely.

If you don't have access to that, let us know what you do have access to and we can provide a good spot. Although, if you just need to progress to unlock more areas, I'd suggest you just do that instead, because anywhere else is far less efficient.

Does anybody know how to connect the Switch version to AWS through a hotspot? I'd love to get into the game again, but I'm constantly on the road for work.

What hours (Japan time) are kids time nowadays? Still don't have the Switch version yet, but in today's (failed) attempt to connect my Switch to AWS, I got proxifier/putty setup on my new computer so I'm thinking of installing DQX and using Kids Time to play.

On 4/26/2018 at 12:25 AM, Erdrick The Hero said:

What hours (Japan time) are kids time nowadays? Still don't have the Switch version yet, but in today's (failed) attempt to connect my Switch to AWS, I got proxifier/putty setup on my new computer so I'm thinking of installing DQX and using Kids Time to play.

It's been the same 4:00PM-6:00PM JST Monday-Friday 1:00PM-3:00PM JST on Saturday/Sunday

Any idea how I can get the gameplay experience that this guy has : 

He has a couple of tools going (Atlas, TranslationAggregator), and "Dragon Quest 10 Dialog Clipboard copier", the latter of which I cannot find.  Does anybody know what he is referring to?  I'm thinking it might have been this : 

But obviously the download link for that has gone by the wayside.  It could be something completely different than this though.  I think that if I could achieve the experience above, I would be MORE than happy with this game.  Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated!

Edited by RDarkfire

I can't guarantee it, but I might have the chat monitor on my external hard drive still. I'm not home but I'll take a look this weekend.

Dunno if it still works on the latest version though, I haven't played X in a long time due to my job keeping me on the road. (I'd like to play it on my Switch but I have yet to figure out a portable VPN solution.)

24 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

I can't guarantee it, but I might have the chat monitor on my external hard drive still. I'm not home but I'll take a look this weekend.

Dunno if it still works on the latest version though, I haven't played X in a long time due to my job keeping me on the road. (I'd like to play it on my Switch but I have yet to figure out a portable VPN solution.)

Thanks for responding.  Like I said though, it could be something completely different than that... he made those streams in 2016, well after the time that the chat monitor was made available and taken down (based on what I could tell).  If someone could just take a quick look at his video and try to ascertain what he meant, that would be a super-huge help! ❤️

Oh wow, I didn't know Aeana had an account on here! The more you know.

Anyways, I follow Aeana on Twitter. She also has a ResetEra account. If you have a ResetEra account, it might be easier to get a hold of her there compared to Twitter. Same username as here on both Twitter and ResetEra.

If you have no luck, I could try to tweet at her and get some help! Just let me know what to write.

2 minutes ago, Imutone said:

Oh wow, I didn't know Aeana had an account on here! The more you know.

Anyways, I follow Aeana on Twitter. She also has a ResetEra account. If you have a ResetEra account, it might be easier to get a hold of her there compared to Twitter. Same username as here on both Twitter and ResetEra.

If you have no luck, I could try to tweet at her and get some help! Just let me know what to write.

Once again... not really sure if the tool she made is indeed the tool the guy is using in the video.  If it is -- then it would be great to get access to it again.  If you really would reach out to her, just refer her to these forum posts 🙂  Thanks!

In the meantime, could this capture to text be it? I Googled "Dragon Quest 10 Dialog Clipboard copier" and got this thread.

7 minutes ago, Imutone said:

In the meantime, could this capture to text be it? I Googled "Dragon Quest 10 Dialog Clipboard copier" and got this thread.

Nope.  Capture2Text is nice, and does a job, but it's not *THE* job.  It requires manually clicking and dragging over a text area, then clicking again to get the text translated.  It's not the same tool as whatever is being utilitzed to automatically do the text scraping without having to specify how and where.

Got a tweet back from Aeana. I believe this is what you are looking for?

5 hours ago, Imutone said:

Got a tweet back from Aeana. I believe this is what you are looking for?

Awesome, yeah, that seems like it's totally the thing!  BUT!! 😞 Like her other download, the link from this no longer works.  Any chance she can re-up it somewhere?

Great job tracking this (and her) down! 🙂 🙂 

Edited by RDarkfire